Vinnie Vincent Archives Box Set to be released!

News and information from 2018 onwards
DaBonadono

Vinnie Vincent Archives Box Set to be released!

Post by DaBonadono »

From the Atlanta KISS Expo Facebook page:

MEETING VINNIE - MONDAY, SEPT. 18, 2018

Where do I even begin?!

Ok, let me first tell you about my first face-to-face, eye-to-eye meeting with Vinnie. We were scheduled to meet at 2pm, so I was waiting outside the studio where we were going to film...2:05, 2:10...At 2:15pm, my film producing partner AJ comes up to me and says, "He's here." I said, "What? Huh?" AJ says, "Yeah, he's here. He came in through a different entrance." lol So immediately I was like, "Shit, ok!" I walk into the room, and there is the man himself - the great Vinnie Vincent! Holy shit. He's decked out in a black shirt, black sports jacket, black pants and boots. The first words out of my mouth were, "Give me a hug!" And I went over and gave him a big hug. I then said, "You're alive! You're well!" We laughed, and he said he was great. Vinnie's attorney was there too, so I turn to him and say, "You need to give me a hug too!" lol And he did. We chatted a bit and Vinnie shows me an original pink and silver Jackson stage-played guitar he brought with him (it was awesome and will appear in the video), and brings me a little gift (see the picture - more on this later). Vinnie then says, "Let's get some coffee and chat." So we walk over to the cafe nearby and talked for an hour and a half - KISS, Invasion, movies, fans, the expo, etc. It was really, really awesome to just sit and chill with Vinnie and have a conversation with a lot of laughs. Finally we're all realizing, "Shit, we have to shoot a video!" Vinnie asks if there's anything in particular I'd like him to do for the video, so I'm thinking, "Yeah, there's the tagline in my head that I thought would be AWESOME, but I don't know if he'd do it." But I'm feeling great about all of this, and think, "Go for it." So I tell him. He LAUGHS. He says, "Really?" I said, "Yeah, it'll be great!"

We head back to the studio, and Vinnie was a total pro and total team player - we really collaborated on the shot, how to say it, etc. After we do several takes and version, we start having fun with it - now I'M in the video with Vinnie delivering the line, his attorney is in the video delivering the line...We were just goofing and having FUN (At some point I may put together the "blooper" reel from the outtakes).

In between Vinnie and I are chatting about some things we're working on together for the expo, about TV shows and movies, etc.

Let me give you some quick bullet points that people have been asking me:

- Vinnie looks and sounds great. He was happy, jovial, laughing and such an engaging and funny guy.

- Vinnie is going to answer sooooo many questions that have been going through the rumor mill for the last 30 years. I got a taste of the stories, and I can tell you you will not be disappointed. He is very well aware of what fans want to hear.

- Yes, he still plays guitar everyday, writes everyday, and has been working on music this entire time (which will be released in the future).

- Vinnie was very happy to hear about the love and support I said he's receiving from fans, and how everyone is looking forward to seeing him (and knowing he's ok).

- The photo you see? That's the box for the box set. Yes, THAT box set. Vinnie really wants to make good on the orders (with CDs, not tapes), so I'll be working with him to make that happen, and I think those people will be very happy. More details to come later. But that picture is of the VV Archives box itself, which Vinnie was kind enough to bring me. It's really well printed and manufactured, and we'll talk about the box set at the expo too.

- Vinnie is not doing any other interviews before the expo - so those at the expo will get to hear it all for the first time. He wants to make it special for all of the fans that come out to see him.

I'm sure I'm missing some points, but if I remember them I'll post them in the comments below.

The bottom line is the day could not have gone any better, and Vinnie is truly happy and excited about appearing at the Atlanta Expo in January. For me, it was great to see him face to face - it made ME really excited about what this expo is going to be all about, and I felt honored that, after 20 years of being so private, he's doing this expo with me. Most importantly, we are both committed to making this the BEST FUCKING EXPO you've ever been to.

www.AtlantaKISSExpo.com

(PS - The video will be out next week)
Last edited by DaBonadono on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaBonadono

Re: Vinnie Vincent Archives to be released!

Post by DaBonadono »

FB_IMG_1505843261925.jpg
FB_IMG_1505843261925.jpg (29.62 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
tukoztukoz

Re: Vinnie Vincent Archives Box Set to be released!

Post by tukoztukoz »

Unbelievable! This is amazing!!!!
say two sky two say fare
Possio

Post by Possio »

Far Out!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Finally, I wanted this to be on CD in the first place, I refused to buy cassettes
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hopefully with some help Vinnie can make this happen.

Ship out to those who ordered and make new sales
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Excellent. That's a real eye opener
Bye Bye
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Great move, Vinnie!!!! Please put something on there that will be new to our ears. You da man!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinyl sells more than cds now. Vinyl release would be cool.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yeah, I wanna play it on my Victrola !!!!
I wanted CDS 20 years ago.
I will finally get them . Amen
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I just did a deal with urban outfitters on a record I am putting out. 1000 vinyl pressings is cheap and they sell for a lot with that big cover they look great.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That archives artwork has been around since speedball Jamm.
I like the 90s art work better. Just a bit more creative

But not in anyway complaining.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's the photo from the Laney advertisement
Bye Bye
jaysprout

Post by jaysprout »

Thanks for posting this here -- so cool to see this level of personal interactivity-ness.
metatron

Post by metatron »

DaBonadono wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:01 am From the Atlanta KISS Expo Facebook page:

MEETING VINNIE - MONDAY, SEPT. 18, 2018

Where do I even begin?!

Ok, let me first tell you about my first face-to-face, eye-to-eye meeting with Vinnie. We were scheduled to meet at 2pm, so I was waiting outside the studio where we were going to film...2:05, 2:10...At 2:15pm, my film producing partner AJ comes up to me and says, "He's here." I said, "What? Huh?" AJ says, "Yeah, he's here. He came in through a different entrance." lol So immediately I was like, "Shit, ok!" I walk into the room, and there is the man himself - the great Vinnie Vincent! Holy shit. He's decked out in a black shirt, black sports jacket, black pants and boots. The first words out of my mouth were, "Give me a hug!" And I went over and gave him a big hug. I then said, "You're alive! You're well!" We laughed, and he said he was great. Vinnie's attorney was there too, so I turn to him and say, "You need to give me a hug too!" lol And he did. We chatted a bit and Vinnie shows me an original pink and silver Jackson stage-played guitar he brought with him (it was awesome and will appear in the video), and brings me a little gift (see the picture - more on this later). Vinnie then says, "Let's get some coffee and chat." So we walk over to the cafe nearby and talked for an hour and a half - KISS, Invasion, movies, fans, the expo, etc. It was really, really awesome to just sit and chill with Vinnie and have a conversation with a lot of laughs. Finally we're all realizing, "Shit, we have to shoot a video!" Vinnie asks if there's anything in particular I'd like him to do for the video, so I'm thinking, "Yeah, there's the tagline in my head that I thought would be AWESOME, but I don't know if he'd do it." But I'm feeling great about all of this, and think, "Go for it." So I tell him. He LAUGHS. He says, "Really?" I said, "Yeah, it'll be great!"

We head back to the studio, and Vinnie was a total pro and total team player - we really collaborated on the shot, how to say it, etc. After we do several takes and version, we start having fun with it - now I'M in the video with Vinnie delivering the line, his attorney is in the video delivering the line...We were just goofing and having FUN (At some point I may put together the "blooper" reel from the outtakes).

In between Vinnie and I are chatting about some things we're working on together for the expo, about TV shows and movies, etc.

Let me give you some quick bullet points that people have been asking me:

- Vinnie looks and sounds great. He was happy, jovial, laughing and such an engaging and funny guy.

- Vinnie is going to answer sooooo many questions that have been going through the rumor mill for the last 30 years. I got a taste of the stories, and I can tell you you will not be disappointed. He is very well aware of what fans want to hear.

- Yes, he still plays guitar everyday, writes everyday, and has been working on music this entire time (which will be released in the future).

- Vinnie was very happy to hear about the love and support I said he's receiving from fans, and how everyone is looking forward to seeing him (and knowing he's ok).

- The photo you see? That's the box for the box set. Yes, THAT box set. Vinnie really wants to make good on the orders (with CDs, not tapes), so I'll be working with him to make that happen, and I think those people will be very happy. More details to come later. But that picture is of the VV Archives box itself, which Vinnie was kind enough to bring me. It's really well printed and manufactured, and we'll talk about the box set at the expo too.

- Vinnie is not doing any other interviews before the expo - so those at the expo will get to hear it all for the first time. He wants to make it special for all of the fans that come out to see him.

I'm sure I'm missing some points, but if I remember them I'll post them in the comments below.

The bottom line is the day could not have gone any better, and Vinnie is truly happy and excited about appearing at the Atlanta Expo in January. For me, it was great to see him face to face - it made ME really excited about what this expo is going to be all about, and I felt honored that, after 20 years of being so private, he's doing this expo with me. Most importantly, we are both committed to making this the BEST FUCKING EXPO you've ever been to.

www.AtlantaKISSExpo.com

(PS - The video will be out next week)
Problem....
'MEETING VINNIE - MONDAY, SEPT. 18, 2018'
Unless I'm having a Mandela effect experience or this is a typo.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Sorry, I just question everything. Especially when it comes to certain subject matter.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, how did we all miss that mistake? Well spotted Dannii.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

lol

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I have noticed Derek has some typos with things :P
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Was pointed out back then by some people on Facebook. Then Derek quickly corrected it
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

so now the boxset will not be on sale at the expo. i didn't say it but knew that would be the case.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:33 am so now the boxset will not be on sale at the expo. i didn't say it but knew that would be the case.
I don't believe it was promised for Vinnie-Con.
Derek did say that he would be helping Vinnie fulfill those orders.

Hopefully there is not a mess or an uproar at the Convention from people who mistakenly thought they would be ready by then.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah Rick my mistake. It seemed like it was going to be released because he showed the artwork in the video promo. My mistake
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 am Yeah Rick my mistake. It seemed like it was going to be released because he showed the artwork in the video promo. My mistake
True but that means something, it means that he knows and he remembers, means that he will do something about it
if not, that would be messed up for all the people who paid back then, so i read it like, im coming back and i will deliver !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Streetbeat wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:46 am
doublev2 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 am Yeah Rick my mistake. It seemed like it was going to be released because he showed the artwork in the video promo. My mistake
True but that means something, it means that he knows and he remembers, means that he will do something about it
if not, that would be messed up for all the people who paid back then, so i read it like, im coming back and i will deliver !
He didn't give a delivery date though.
I believe that Derek and Vinnie need to make a statement BEFORE Vinnie-Con.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Indeed.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i hope vv doesn't give a date. best thing for vv is to make the thing and then deliver it . Dates are not vv's thing. I suggest once the boxset is packaged then make the announcement its coming. just my two cents
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:01 am i hope vv doesn't give a date. best thing for vv is to make the thing and then deliver it . Dates are not vv's thing. I suggest once the boxset is packaged then make the announcement its coming. just my two cents
The deadline needs to be made and honored.
No more blurred lines.

NEWBEGINNINGS