Problem....From the Atlanta KISS Expo Facebook page:
MEETING VINNIE - MONDAY, SEPT. 18, 2018
Where do I even begin?!
Ok, let me first tell you about my first face-to-face, eye-to-eye meeting with Vinnie. We were scheduled to meet at 2pm, so I was waiting outside the studio where we were going to film...2:05, 2:10...At 2:15pm, my film producing partner AJ comes up to me and says, "He's here." I said, "What? Huh?" AJ says, "Yeah, he's here. He came in through a different entrance." lol So immediately I was like, "Shit, ok!" I walk into the room, and there is the man himself - the great Vinnie Vincent! Holy shit. He's decked out in a black shirt, black sports jacket, black pants and boots. The first words out of my mouth were, "Give me a hug!" And I went over and gave him a big hug. I then said, "You're alive! You're well!" We laughed, and he said he was great. Vinnie's attorney was there too, so I turn to him and say, "You need to give me a hug too!" lol And he did. We chatted a bit and Vinnie shows me an original pink and silver Jackson stage-played guitar he brought with him (it was awesome and will appear in the video), and brings me a little gift (see the picture - more on this later). Vinnie then says, "Let's get some coffee and chat." So we walk over to the cafe nearby and talked for an hour and a half - KISS, Invasion, movies, fans, the expo, etc. It was really, really awesome to just sit and chill with Vinnie and have a conversation with a lot of laughs. Finally we're all realizing, "Shit, we have to shoot a video!" Vinnie asks if there's anything in particular I'd like him to do for the video, so I'm thinking, "Yeah, there's the tagline in my head that I thought would be AWESOME, but I don't know if he'd do it." But I'm feeling great about all of this, and think, "Go for it." So I tell him. He LAUGHS. He says, "Really?" I said, "Yeah, it'll be great!"
We head back to the studio, and Vinnie was a total pro and total team player - we really collaborated on the shot, how to say it, etc. After we do several takes and version, we start having fun with it - now I'M in the video with Vinnie delivering the line, his attorney is in the video delivering the line...We were just goofing and having FUN (At some point I may put together the "blooper" reel from the outtakes).
In between Vinnie and I are chatting about some things we're working on together for the expo, about TV shows and movies, etc.
Let me give you some quick bullet points that people have been asking me:
- Vinnie looks and sounds great. He was happy, jovial, laughing and such an engaging and funny guy.
- Vinnie is going to answer sooooo many questions that have been going through the rumor mill for the last 30 years. I got a taste of the stories, and I can tell you you will not be disappointed. He is very well aware of what fans want to hear.
- Yes, he still plays guitar everyday, writes everyday, and has been working on music this entire time (which will be released in the future).
- Vinnie was very happy to hear about the love and support I said he's receiving from fans, and how everyone is looking forward to seeing him (and knowing he's ok).
- The photo you see? That's the box for the box set. Yes, THAT box set. Vinnie really wants to make good on the orders (with CDs, not tapes), so I'll be working with him to make that happen, and I think those people will be very happy. More details to come later. But that picture is of the VV Archives box itself, which Vinnie was kind enough to bring me. It's really well printed and manufactured, and we'll talk about the box set at the expo too.
- Vinnie is not doing any other interviews before the expo - so those at the expo will get to hear it all for the first time. He wants to make it special for all of the fans that come out to see him.
I'm sure I'm missing some points, but if I remember them I'll post them in the comments below.
The bottom line is the day could not have gone any better, and Vinnie is truly happy and excited about appearing at the Atlanta Expo in January. For me, it was great to see him face to face - it made ME really excited about what this expo is going to be all about, and I felt honored that, after 20 years of being so private, he's doing this expo with me. Most importantly, we are both committed to making this the BEST FUCKING EXPO you've ever been to.
(PS - The video will be out next week)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest