3 Sides of the Coin with Derek Christopher - about Vinnie Vincent

News and information from 2018 onwards
VanceSavage

3 Sides of the Coin with Derek Christopher - about Vinnie Vincent

Post by VanceSavage »

The new 3 Sides show is up - They talk with Derek Christopher - promoter of the Atlanta expo. Vinnie is the main subject.

https://soundcloud.com/michaelbrandvold ... he-answers
VinceVandergraff

Re: 3 Sides of the Coin with Derek Christopher - about Vinnie Vincent

Post by VinceVandergraff »

HELL YEAH! New music is in the works!

... and very cool to hear Mark say "Vinnie Saved KISS!", not once but twice around the 59:00 point.
Just as I suspected, Mike and Tommy did a 180 with their attitudes once this interview happened.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Just finished listening.
What a great interview!
Hearing all the information, along with having many questions/concerns cleared up is really refreshing. A lot of them put my mind at ease.
More than happy to hear about new music coming in the future, even though this is indeed in fact going to be his last convention.
Glad I didn't take the chance of NOT going. Going to be amazing seeing VV with all the fellow fans. It will surely be something I'll never forget.

Like how I said about VV's message, his words seemed so genuine and true; and to have Derek confirm VV's happiness and good mood about the upcoming Expo makes it all the better.
This is all just so fuckin awesome.

Also hearing that at first they were thinking about doing this in Detroit made my heart skip a beat haha. I was like damn! I wouldn't have to travel. But completely understand the reason why Detroit wasn't chosen.
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

I can't listen now but I will later!
Is new music confirmed?
Will this be Vinnies last expo? Why?
VinceVandergraff

yes! it really was a good interview. and good to hear that more details will be revealed in the coming weeks/months about the Atlanta Expo and guests. glad to know Vinnie is in good spirits too.

I believe this may be the last "Vinnie Vincent" event. I think he might be reassuming his natural name Vincent John Cusano, and do everything in the future using it. makes sense, since he has his VV trademarks for sale. he will also retain ownership of all his song copyrights.
QSano

Post by QSano »

Chances are Vinnie wants to do music that's different from what he did in the hair metal 1980s. I like the VVI records, but I also really like the music he did with Treasure and GE Smith (from SNL) before that.

Going back to being Vinnie Cusano isn't a bad career move because in a lot of what will likely be written about him his association with KISS will probably be referenced in some way, no matter who owns the trademarks.

I had spoken to someone with ties to FMIC about a year and a half ago and they were beginning talks with VV to produce a limited edition VV Concorde (not double v) with Mike Shannon like they did with the Rhodes a few years ago. IIRC it was limited to 25 pieces or something like that.

KISS fans have deep pockets and there are enough of them and VVI fans to sell 25 guitars at $4000. Especially if they're signed by Mike Shannon and Vinnie Vincent.

Maybe (and this is 100% speculation) FMIC would buy his 'trademark' to make a lower cost model but at this point it doesn't really seem like he's well known enough to warrant that.

https://reverb.com/item/944956-jackson- ... s-concorde
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

I just listened and I did not hear anything about new music?
And last expo? All they say is that Vinnie will not do anything else right now

I might have missed it. Can anyone give me the time where they talk new music and says this is the last expo ever for Vinnie?
Thanks!
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

VikingVVFan wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:03 am And last expo? All they say is that Vinnie will not do anything else right now
Appearance wise, supposedly this is supposed to be it. There's two possible meanings. Not doing anything else 'right now' as in for the time being (hopefully), or this is really it. We'll just have to wait and see!
Capture+_2017-09-05-13-21-23-1.png
Last edited by AnkhWarrior on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Did a quick skim. Music question start at 12:45
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

To be clear, "new" music was never mentioned. Derek just said an announcement "about music" was coming.
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Correction: Derek said "about some music" to be exact.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I listened to this and I have never seen 3 sides of the coin speak so nicely and enthusiastic about anything Vinnie Vincent

What a nice change ................
VinceVandergraff

3 Sides now have the YT version of the podcast available.
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

While I appreciate them talking so positive about Vin, I think it's totally fake, at least from Mike and Tommy, while Mark has always said he really loves Vinnie, the other two openly and constantly have criticized and made fun of him every time his name is brought up. They are bandwagon fans, and if you don't believe me go listen to any of their shows with Vinnie in the title.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

evh5150 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:45 pm While I appreciate them talking so positive about Vin, I think it's totally fake, at least from Mike and Tommy, while Mark has always said he really loves Vinnie, the other two openly and constantly have criticized and made fun of him every time his name is brought up. They are bandwagon fans, and if you don't believe me go listen to any of their shows with Vinnie in the title.
Oh I completely agree with you. I attempted to listen to one of their podcasts once years ago...and was immediately turned off.
I did enjoy this interview because many questions I had were answered.
But in reality it's obvious they were only being polite due to the fact that they were interviewing Derek; and having hopes of interviewing VV come January.
No doubt the next podcast that's put out, they'll be back to their old ways. Everyone has a right to an opinion but they seem to really dislike VV, yet want to talk about him so much. I just don't understand it.
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

I listened to their "Did Vinnie save Kiss" show and all they did was shit on Vinnie the entire show. Now that everyone is creaming in their pants at the new Expo announcement they've changed their tune.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hummarstra wrote:I listened to their "Did Vinnie save Kiss" show and all they did was shit on Vinnie the entire show. Now that everyone is creaming in their pants at the new Expo announcement they've changed their tune.
Yes, exactly......
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

For Vinnie fans it's not Derek Christopher it's Derek Christmas
Bye Bye
QSano

Post by QSano »

Did Derek Christopher voice Zero in GYA San Andreas?

VinceVandergraff

evh5150 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:45 pm While I appreciate them talking so positive about Vin, I think it's totally fake, at least from Mike and Tommy, while Mark has always said he really loves Vinnie, the other two openly and constantly have criticized and made fun of him every time his name is brought up. They are bandwagon fans, and if you don't believe me go listen to any of their shows with Vinnie in the title.
Vinnie's real fans have known this for a long time. Those guys are only out to promote their amateur little podcast and the name to further their interests. If you listen/watch their episode # 236, they are talking just 2 months ago about the NYC Expo with the same promoter Derek Christopher, and Peter Criss was the special guest who DID NOT WANT the 3 Sides guys there at all, and they were told not to show up. Mark seems like a legitimate fan who is in bad company, and needs to start up his own podcast, as he asks more questions that fans really want to know the answers to, about the music and refrains from the drama. Mike and Tommy are 100% dramaqueen trolls. I've heard them bash everyone except for Kulick, Singer, and Eric Carr (RIP). They want to go to the Expo for the 0.01% very slim chance they will score an interview with Vinnie, and they want their listeners to go and wear their 3 Sides t-shirts to promote their little show. The more people there roaming around there wearing 3 Sides t-shirts or hats, the more exposure they will get, like a biker club's "show of force" when they all show up wearing their patches and colors. Vinnie can very well do the same thing at the Atlanta Expo as Peter Criss did at this NYC Expo, and blacklist 3 Sides. Personally, I'm hoping he does (at least Mike and Tommy), and if I could put a bug in Vinnie's ear, I would suggest he do this the day before the show, as well as prohibit any 3 Sides t-shirts or hats to be worn at the Expo. Before you say "That's a little extreme", well I've been to a lot of places that have a clearly placed sign on the front door saying something to the effect of "No Colors Allowed". This could be handled in the same fashion. 3 Sides have shown in the past it is an Anti-Vinnie podcast, and to me seems like a conflict of interests for them to be there. No doubt, they probably have popped in this forum from time to time to look around. Fuck them. I'm all about freedom of speech, but like I said they are trolls looking for drama. They have their opinions and I have mine, and I'd have no issues expressing my opinion of them in person either. There's been many different versions of the band KISS. It just so happens that my personal favorite version of the band included Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr. Kudos and thanks to Derek Christopher for all the work he has put into getting this together, and to Vinnie Vincent for having the courage and spirit to come back out for his fans, despite his past turmoil and pitfalls.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

VinceVandergraff wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am
Vinnie's real fans have known this for a long time. Those guys are only out to promote their amateur little podcast and the name to further their interests. If you listen/watch their episode # 236, they are talking just 2 months ago about the NYC Expo with the same promoter Derek Christopher, and Peter Criss was the special guest who DID NOT WANT the 3 Sides guys there at all, and they were told not to show up. Mark seems like a legitimate fan who is in bad company, and needs to start up his own podcast, as he asks more questions that fans really want to know the answers to, about the music and refrains from the drama. Mike and Tommy are 100% dramaqueen trolls. I've heard them bash everyone except for Kulick, Singer, and Eric Carr (RIP). They want to go to the Expo for the 0.01% very slim chance they will score an interview with Vinnie, and they want their listeners to go and wear their 3 Sides t-shirts to promote their little show. The more people there roaming around there wearing 3 Sides t-shirts or hats, the more exposure they will get, like a biker club's "show of force" when they all show up wearing their patches and colors. Vinnie can very well do the same thing at the Atlanta Expo as Peter Criss did at this NYC Expo, and blacklist 3 Sides. Personally, I'm hoping he does (at least Mike and Tommy), and if I could put a bug in Vinnie's ear, I would suggest he do this the day before the show, as well as prohibit any 3 Sides t-shirts or hats to be worn at the Expo. Before you say "That's a little extreme", well I've been to a lot of places that have a clearly placed sign on the front door saying something to the effect of "No Colors Allowed". This could be handled in the same fashion. 3 Sides have shown in the past it is an Anti-Vinnie podcast, and to me seems like a conflict of interests for them to be there. No doubt, they probably have popped in this forum from time to time to look around. Fuck them. I'm all about freedom of speech, but like I said they are trolls looking for drama. They have their opinions and I have mine, and I'd have no issues expressing my opinion of them in person either. There's been many different versions of the band KISS. It just so happens that my personal favorite version of the band included Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr. Kudos and thanks to Derek Christopher for all the work he has put into getting this together, and to Vinnie Vincent for having the courage and spirit to come back out for his fans, despite his past turmoil and pitfalls.
VERY VERY well said. :D

It's quite funny how they even think they have a chance getting an interview with VV after all the shit they've said.
Of course VV has listened to all of what they said about him, so why on earth would he be willing to talk to them?
Laughable.
VinceVandergraff

AnkhWarrior wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:02 am
VERY VERY well said. :D

It's quite funny how they even think they have a chance getting an interview with VV after all the shit they've said.
Of course VV has listened to all of what they said about him, so why on earth would he be willing to talk to them?
Laughable.
Thank you...and yeah, I don't think they have a chance in hell of interviewing Vinnie. I believe Derek knows this too, and wouldn't even bother approaching Vinnie about their request, knowing their history and lack of ethics. They do it to themselves though. It's just a simple matter of politics in the music business. Artists aren't going to want to support your magazine, show, or podcast by granting you an interview when you've spread negativity about them. It's not rocket science. Yet, one of those guys actually has some kind of artist & music business promotion website. I found that hilariously ironic.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The Decibel Geek Podcast has been the most PRO-Vinnie podcast . Never spewing hatred.
They have done HONEST interviews while always maintaining their love .
As all of us know, with each interview,they only got one side's truth to matters. It would be awesome for Vinnie to share his truth in direct response to all of the Vinnie related interviews TDGP has done.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 pm The Decibel Geek Podcast has been the most PRO-Vinnie podcast . Never spewing hatred.
They have done HONEST interviews while always maintaining their love .
As all of us know, with each interview,they only got one side's truth to matters. It would be awesome for Vinnie to share his truth in direct response to all of the Vinnie related interviews TDGP has done.
If memory serves me Vinnie has been invited to do this after each broadcast
VinceVandergraff

I know Eddie Trunk wants to do a Vinnie interview, and that would be very cool. But, I'd like to see a Decibel Geek interview even more. I've heard all their Vinnie related interviews and they are top class. Eddie Trunk is higher profile, but Decibel Geek is more interesting, and you can tell they are diehard Vinnie fans doing it FOR their fellow VV fans.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Vander...call the Firehouse! You're on fire! :P

Good posts!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VinceVandergraff

shramiac wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 pm Vander...call the Firehouse! You're on fire! :P

Good posts!
Thanks Shram, lately since the expo announcement it seems like every other post or comment I leave is a mini-novel expressing some form of unwarranted protective fatherly instinct that kicks in when I think about the leeches and insincerity out there. I'm now gonna take a break from here for a little bit. It's really starting to affect my social life. Last night I re-watched every VV expo Q&A session posted on youtube, instead of going out to my usual Thursday night spot where I think the bartender may have a thing for me. Be back soon.
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

VinceVandergraff wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:41 pm
shramiac wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 pm Vander...call the Firehouse! You're on fire! :P

Good posts!
Thanks Shram, lately since the expo announcement it seems like every other post or comment I leave is a mini-novel expressing some form of unwarranted protective fatherly instinct that kicks in when I think about the leeches and insincerity out there. I'm now gonna take a break from here for a little bit. It's really starting to affect my social life. Last night I re-watched every VV expo Q&A session posted on youtube, instead of going out to my usual Thursday night spot where I think the bartender may have a thing for me. Be back soon.
Always good responses VinceVandergraff! "Last night I re-watched every VV expo Q&A session posted on youtube, instead of going out to my usual Thursday night spot where I think the bartender may have a thing for me. Be back soon." Same with me, I'm becoming a VV weirdo again, and love it :D
QSano

Post by QSano »

Personally, if I had my choice, Chuck Klosterman would be the perfect guy to interview him. I'm not really a Kiss fan, but I've always been a fan of VVI. I first heard of him when he was in the 1988 Carvin catalog and read an interview with him in Guitar World around 1988 (Sheehan and Via ala Roth cover).

I've read most of Chuck's books (Fargo Rock City and Sex, Drugs and CoCo Puffs are must reads). He loves Kiss and loves Vinnie. I can't think of anyone better.

I should also admit that while I'm not familiar with all Kiss' records I like 3 Sides. Mark seems like a great guy. Tommy seems kind of like a fruity grandma but I like him. He probably gets a little turned on thinking about being a tranny. Branvold is tolerable on the podcast and does a good job, I don't think I would like him in real life, but I do like the podcast a lot.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I watch and listen to the podcast quite a bit . I find their conflicting personalities amusing . I do not like the Vinnie bashing and how they are flipping their script (aka ASSKISSING) in a sad attempt at getting an interview.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I bet everything that VV will turn 3 sides down.

They can do all the ass kissing they want now. They wont get their interview.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:29 am I bet everything that VV will turn 3 sides down.

They can do all the ass kissing they want now. They wont get their interview.
Exactly

NEWBEGINNINGS
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Personally, I think these three guys are stooges.
They sit there with their merch hanging on the wall, belching and eating, feedback and delay and going on and on with a pompous attitude like they are in the band is pretty pathetic.

We really only need one side of the coin.
The fuckin song is Two Sides of the Coin. But these schmucks needed to add some mystical side of a coin like a third eye or mind's eye.

No one cares about your extra curricular activities and bad jokes. Just get to the interview and leave out the blah blah blah.
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

VinnieFan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 am
The fuckin song is Two Sides of the Coin. But these schmucks needed to add some mystical side of a coin like a third eye or mind's eye. ...
I don't think they are thinking that deeply. No Illuminati stuff there.
Just three opinions, two of which we don't care to hear when Vinnie comes up...WHICH IS QUITE A LOT !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

VinnieFan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 am Personally, I think these three guys are stooges.
They sit there with their merch hanging on the wall, belching and eating, feedback and delay and going on and on with a pompous attitude like they are in the band is pretty pathetic.

We really only need one side of the coin.
The fuckin song is Two Sides of the Coin. But these schmucks needed to add some mystical side of a coin like a third eye or mind's eye.

No one cares about your extra curricular activities and bad jokes. Just get to the interview and leave out the blah blah blah.
Haha you're a good shit talker 8)
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Why thank you...and it's the truth.
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'm part of the Illuminati! I'm on the $50 bill down the bottom right hand side of the note, on the front side....pre 1930's currency only though! Boo.... :P :P :P

But seriously! Yes, those guys can leave a lot to be desired!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VinceVandergraff wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am Those guys are only out to promote their amateur little podcast and the name to further their interests. If you listen/watch their episode # 236, they are talking just 2 months ago about the NYC Expo with the same promoter Derek Christopher, and Peter Criss was the special guest who DID NOT WANT the 3 Sides guys there at all, and they were told not to show up.
I'm not sure where you get your information from, but both Mark and Tommy went to the LA Expo, and both did the meet and greet with Peter.

As for "Vinnie bashing", I don't buy that. They report the facts, and interview people who have had personal experience with Vinnie. Sure, VV isn't always presented in the best light, and there's a dig here and there, but then he's not exactly helped himself over the years has he?

Three Sides get a lot of heat, but the reality is they love Kiss' history, and as a long time listener, I get the sense that they have a good balance of positive and negative views of Vinnie - most of it based info gleaned from interviewees rather than their own personal bias one way or another. They do specialise in winding up the more rabid end of the Kiss fan spectrum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

aeroflott wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:19 am
VinceVandergraff wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am Those guys are only out to promote their amateur little podcast and the name to further their interests. If you listen/watch their episode # 236, they are talking just 2 months ago about the NYC Expo with the same promoter Derek Christopher, and Peter Criss was the special guest who DID NOT WANT the 3 Sides guys there at all, and they were told not to show up.
I'm not sure where you get your information from, but both Mark and Tommy went to the LA Expo, and both did the meet and greet with Peter.

As for "Vinnie bashing", I don't buy that. They report the facts, and interview people who have had personal experience with Vinnie. Sure, VV isn't always presented in the best light, and there's a dig here and there, but then he's not exactly helped himself over the years has he?

Three Sides get a lot of heat, but the reality is they love Kiss' history, and as a long time listener, I get the sense that they have a good balance of positive and negative views of Vinnie - most of it based info gleaned from interviewees rather than their own personal bias one way or another. They do specialise in winding up the more rabid end of the Kiss fan spectrum.
Unfortunately, There is a lot of bias and negativity towards Vinnie from Mike and Tommy. They take cheap shots at Vinnie at every opportunity they can.
I enjoy their show until they start saying stuff like that.
The constant question of ,"Did Vinnie save Kiss?" that come with their remarks is very tiresome.
Vinnie DID save their asses. So much so that Kiss road on his fumes for the success of Animalize and then spiraled into a Paul Stanley Pop/Jingle/Commercial shitfest of songs until Vinnie came back and kicked them in their balls.
Mark from TSOTC is the only host to be genuine and fair, without need for cheap laughs) about all topics they discuss.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

VinnieFan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:06 am Why thank you...and it's the truth.
I, too agree with you, VinnieFan. Someone needs to do a pro-Vinny podcast. Or a true Vinny fan podcast.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Funny thing is what questions would anyone ask that we don't know?

One of few questions I can think of is
what country tunes he wrote if he did It as a ghost writer or unreleased. I don't think he would ever answer that .
Bye Bye
jaysprout

Post by jaysprout »

What a great episode. I wasn't surprised at the questions they asked but I was pleasantly surprised the promoter answered them all so candidly.

Post by 1031 »

These guys have always talked smack .... I am hopeful this all comes together, but to be honest a personal appearance with new music hints of new guitars and a cheery on top seems a bit much. I will be happy if he shows up looks healthy and answers a few questions gives a nice wave and rolls on home.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Hummarstra wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:47 pm
VinnieFan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:06 am Why thank you...and it's the truth.
I, too agree with you, VinnieFan. Someone needs to do a pro-Vinny podcast. Or a true Vinny fan podcast.
That is a great idea, would love to see this :

1 - PODCAST
2 - BOOK ( A MUST )
3 - Vinnie's Youtube show as a storyteller, something like David Lee Roth was doing " The Roth Show"
that he explained some lyrics from VH's latest album.

2018 will be the VVYEAR
LET'S CALL IT

2VV8
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Book would be great. I doubt kiss would sue. I really don't think they can if it's the truth anyway.
Bye Bye