News and information from 2018 onwards
lindea

Vinnie to return!! Kiss Expo 2018

Post by lindea »

shramiac

Re: Vinnie to return!! Kiss Expo 2018

Post by shramiac »

Would be cool. Hope it's true.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Hmm
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

We'll see...
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i hope its true
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

This is unbelievable!!!! Now after reading the interview with Hirsch, I do believe that Vinnie is the one releasing the Warrior material.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes, he might be behind BTW the graphics content were all sent by V's camp
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Well Christ.

That's a shocker to say the least!
TXjason

Post by TXjason »

I hope its true. I honestly thought we'd never see him publicly again.
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

All the sources I've checked are saying this is for real. I purchased the Pink ticket & Meet & Greet. I hope VV pulls through, and doesn't cancel at the last minute.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Just spotted this interesting snippet in the FAQ section of the website:

https://www.lakissexpo.com/faq
Is there anything Vinnie won't sign?

Because Vinnie is working on a new line of custom Vinnie Vincent Model Guitars, Vinnie will not be able to sign any guitars or musical instruments.
A new line of custom VV Guitars?.......
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes i saw that, caught my attention too, maybe those are Tom's Guitars
carvindc200

Post by carvindc200 »

I really hope this is true! I'll believe it when it happens!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Maybe the other guests will be Robert and Bobby... or Dana and Mark. :wink:
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Reflecting in this for a minute, I think this is a huge deal. Aside from the fact that this is a VV forum, and our man has appeared out of nowhere. Here's a guy who shunned the limelight for whatever reason for the last few years, and is clearly prepared to put himself out there again. And he's not just easing himself out there slowly - Boom! He's going to be the centre of attention at this convention. He is the draw. It's big news, not just for Kiss fans, but for the music world as a whole: The enigma that is/was Vinnie Vincent. It's a fascinating story, and this is the next chapter.

Don't get me wrong - I think this is great. If Vinnie can handle himself here, show some humility about the last 30 years (the good and bad), be candid and pull off the fact that he was a major part of Kiss' history, and live up to that title in the way he conducts himself, then I can see a resurgence of a career for him. And not necessarily as a performer. He could do a book, do a few conventions, launch merch, launch a guitar range, a few interviews, couple of guest appearances, play a song with Ace/Bruce on an album blah blah blah - you never know, there's a solid income stream there.

I think like all of us, Vinnie wants legitimacy and validation. This is a great opportunity for him to cement himself in rock history in a credible way for all the right reasons. At present I think he's (in)famous for all the wrong reasons.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge, and I think fans would absolutely warm to him after all this time. If he can pull it off.

Go get 'em Vinnie - I think this is a great opportunity to do something positive.
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Are there any info on his forum?
Or any news at all?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's legit. Will be very interesting. It's a long time between now and then though.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The video I bet will be similar to the guitar promo. This has all the classic vv trademarks.
I hope it happens.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is amazing news. I hope as well that Vinnie conducts himself well and can interact with his fans in a professional and personal way, such is the norm these days.

I also hope it all happens without a glitch as it seems this expo is built around Vinnie, which is great.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

As PW reminded me, the 20th is Paul's birthday too!!!

Hope saying that doesn't jinx things! :P :( :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

"Coming September 1, A Special Message from Vinnie Vincent about the Atlanta KISS Expo"

hmm 15 more days, and maybe we'll get some more positive news. looking forward to hearing/reading it.
thinking about possibly making the trek myself, if it does seem like an ironclad deal.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Fuckin' eh !
Go Vinnie !
May this be the first of many new adventures for you.....and us !
Burn Baby Burn !
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Special message in 15 days..Sounds like vv is writing it. Familiar stuff. Will be great. Have to hope some music is going to be released around this time
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's incredibly poor tastes that some so called media outlets are using vv's mugshot in their articles about the expo.
Bye Bye
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

This is his time!!! I am still in shock after hearing the news yesterday. This came out of nowhere. This truely is a huge deal and think this expo will be legendary. I can't wait to meet some of the members on this forum. This is great stuff. I am also wondering if the timing has anything to do with the 35 year rule with publisher rights. Songwriters can reclaim their song copyright after 35 years. Creatures came out in 82. Lick It Up will be 35 years old next year.
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

He has to explain home incident, boxset scandal, all fiascos, rumors.. in front of the people. I don't see how an earth he could come clean if he is VV that I have heard of. This is not going to happen. I hope otherwise of course.
Only the truth can set you free
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

im sure question will be canned and there will be a guy interviewing him, same as 1995
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes I think that there will be questions that are pre asked and approved only plus I expect vv to be in kiss make up.
I think some of the forum members will be black listed like at namm too. Me included but I won't be going anyway but that said this will be great and I think vv will do well. it's a great thing
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

He can do that now, he has it trademarked!
LLinvasion

Post by LLinvasion »

Hell yea!!!!!!!!!! I got my gold pass today!!! So excited, now to get a plane from california to there hmmmmmm.......
VinceVandergraff

About the event: A Celebration Of The CREATURES OF THE NIGHT and LICK IT UP Era! And the solo career of Vinnie Vincent including...Invasion, All Systems Go, and Guitarmegeddon. - ??

Under the 'FAQ' section:
-Q: Is there anything Vinnie won't sign?
A: Because Vinnie is working on a new line of custom Vinnie Vincent Model Guitars, Vinnie will not be able to sign any guitars or musical instruments.-

I've never heard of ANY artists doing this, nor ANY instrument companies prohibiting an endorsee from signing a guitar. Why in the world would he refuse to sign a legit VVV? I could understand maybe he does not want to put his signature on a knockoff, unauthorized, or unofficial guitar though. But, to that end, I've seen many artists sign styles and brands of guitars they never personally used. this is starting to look strange, in true Vinnie fashion. I'm on pins & needles waiting on this "special message from VV". I want to go to this, but I'm skeptical about the legitimacy.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 pm It's incredibly poor tastes that some so called media outlets are using vv's mugshot in their articles about the expo.
What else would you expect? :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

DaBonadono wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:15 am I am also wondering if the timing has anything to do with the 35 year rule with publisher rights. Songwriters can reclaim their song copyright after 35 years. Creatures came out in 82. Lick It Up will be 35 years old next year.

Good point!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I would guess he will have cd's of guitarmageddon or at least the demo rarities or be maybe selling it he double v guitar line which would explain the non signing of guitars. Would be cool if Jackson did an affordable run of vv guitars or carvin I guess.
Would love to hear a long ass version of invincible with real drums available. Epic tune. Hope he has some stuff in his back pocket.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Of course the dream would be guitarmageddon release, plus a shrapnel records type instrumental album and a new vvi record with songs written after guitars from hell. and a tour with Vv/ Robert / bobby . I feel like they would agree to it.
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

A tour would be too much. Can't see that happening at his age, with all the water under the bridge and having not performed properly in nearly 30 years? I can't see anyone taking that on, even if VV wanted to do it. Besides, aside from Bobby Rock who I think would do it for shits and giggles, Fleischman, Strum and Slaughter wouldn't go anywhere near it.

I can see the odd random performance happening with a few guests, but a full blown relaunch band situation? Not a chance.

But then I'm just an idiot sat in front of a keyboard, what do I know? If you'd asked me if he'd reappear again I'd laugh you out of town - yet here we are.

I suppose the real question would be what are the chances of Bruce and Eric making an appearance at the Expo too?
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I hope he will be as cool as in '94.
I've just watched this on YouTube, and never seen that before. Maybe it's in here and I missed it?
say two sky two say fare
dkraven

Post by dkraven »

I'm skeptical like everyone else. If it turns out to be true, I'll go. I am however going to wait to make plans to see if it falls through.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:48 pm Of course the dream would be guitarmageddon release, plus a shrapnel records type instrumental album and a new vvi record with songs written after guitars from hell. and a tour with Vv/ Robert / bobby . I feel like they would agree to it.
Yes to all.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Great footage from 1994. First time viewing it for me.
I hope that Vinnie will take on all questions from the fans that are able to attend.
I hope he showcases the courage that his music represents.
If there's a blacklist, I'm sure to be on it.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:51 pm Great footage from 1994. First time viewing it for me.
I hope that Vinnie will take on all questions from the fans that are able to attend.
I hope he showcases the courage that his music represents.
Too true

poserboy71 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:51 pmIf there's a blacklist, I'm sure to be on it.
Can think of a few guys that deserve to be on that list rather than any members here! :wink: Hopefully there is no list though :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

tukoztukoz wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 am I hope he will be as cool as in '94.
I've just watched this on YouTube, and never seen that before. Maybe it's in here and I missed it?

He will be cool, I have no doubt
Bye Bye
VinceVandergraff

but ... will he be THIS cool?

Magicodourado

Post by Magicodourado »

The ways of the Wizard is mysterious and....no this will work out just fine...Cheer up! This will work out just fine
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Magico, yes that's what we all want !
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Scary stuff
VinceVandergraff wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:39 pm .
but ... will he be THIS cool?

Bye Bye
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

aeroflott wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:05 am Reflecting in this for a minute, I think this is a huge deal. Aside from the fact that this is a VV forum, and our man has appeared out of nowhere. Here's a guy who shunned the limelight for whatever reason for the last few years, and is clearly prepared to put himself out there again. And he's not just easing himself out there slowly - Boom! He's going to be the centre of attention at this convention. He is the draw. It's big news, not just for Kiss fans, but for the music world as a whole: The enigma that is/was Vinnie Vincent. It's a fascinating story, and this is the next chapter.

Don't get me wrong - I think this is great. If Vinnie can handle himself here, show some humility about the last 30 years (the good and bad), be candid and pull off the fact that he was a major part of Kiss' history, and live up to that title in the way he conducts himself, then I can see a resurgence of a career for him. And not necessarily as a performer. He could do a book, do a few conventions, launch merch, launch a guitar range, a few interviews, couple of guest appearances, play a song with Ace/Bruce on an album blah blah blah - you never know, there's a solid income stream there.

I think like all of us, Vinnie wants legitimacy and validation. This is a great opportunity for him to cement himself in rock history in a credible way for all the right reasons. At present I think he's (in)famous for all the wrong reasons.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge, and I think fans would absolutely warm to him after all this time. If he can pull it off.

Go get 'em Vinnie - I think this is a great opportunity to do something positive.
well said
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 pm It's incredibly poor tastes that some so called media outlets are using vv's mugshot in their articles about the expo.
So stupid
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

BEST NEWS EVER!!! CAN'T WAIT
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

I hope this goes well for Vinnie and he does more conventions.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me