Vinnie to return!! Kiss Expo 2018

News and information from 2018 onwards
fullshredd

Re: Vinnie to return!! Kiss Expo 2018

Post by fullshredd »

We all know what happened the last time he was supposed to appear at the NY KISS Expo in the late 90's. I can't see VV not having the same reluctance to appear in public. He was totally spooked after the Dime murder and will surely have massive security as per his demands. He also doesn't fly. That's probably why he chose the Atlanta Expo and not a further one like NY to make a public appearance. Why now though? HOPEFULLY he'll be pushing some agenda/promo other than just trying to make some $$$ for the appearance which I'm sure he can use to pay some bills. I have no reason to believe he's not still in the Nashville area. Too bad about the not signing instruments thing. I think I'll somehow get my backplate to him that weekend ;)
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Good luck then you will have all the invasion signatures!
QSano

Post by QSano »

The "special guests" are going to be Hirsh Gardner and Gary Shea. Never met Gary, Hirsh is the stereotypical living in the 1980s Guitar Center salesman who tries to sell people extended warranties.
Last edited by QSano on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

So Warrior will reunite too
QSano

Post by QSano »

That's my guess. I was in Guitar Center Boston where Hirsh worked and that's what I heard. He may still work there, but I haven't seen him in a while. Not a bad guy but kind of a douchebag in a Guitar Center employee kind of way. Hey Guy, you need strings with that????
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i see :)
madvincent

Post by madvincent »

Just in time for the Warrior cd release. Makes sense.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

True ! Great timing !
QSano

Post by QSano »

That's my guess for the "special guests". Easy to get - Hirsh still wandering around Boston with his 80s hairdoo and leather pants looking for his glory.
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

QSano wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:25 pm The "special guests" are going to be Hirsh Gardner and Gary Shea.
stranger things have happened, but I don't see VV reforming Warrior. VV has been a solo artist since he left Kiss. although, if it did happen, I'd certainly support it like many others, and be thankful that at least something new is happening. Vinnie's vocals on those recordings were great with a lot of passion, and the songs were awesome. nostalgia acts are reborn all the time, so why not this one?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Vinnie made a terrible mistake, he had a really gifted voice, he did not need a singer, his voice was perfect !
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I heard he didn't sing, even though he had a great voice, because it was something he didn't fully enjoy...didn't have a passion for it.
I guess I can understand. Say if someone is a real good painter, but hated painting.
But it sure would have been something to have heard strictly him, and only him..
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

Yeah, imagine the talent there. He's got 3 solid things going for him; The voice, the songwriting, and the guitar skills. If I was a person close to him like a friend or manager, I would be encouraging him to take advantage of all of those talents and level them out, and allow all 3 to play nice with each other. Even today, he could still come back and do some monstrous music if he really wants to.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I do not think he would want warrior there steeling his thunder. My thoughts anyway. Surprises me to hear they will be there.
Bye Bye
QSano

Post by QSano »

I'm not sure if they will. I'm just saying that around Boston Hirsh is known as the 80s guy who works at Guitar Center. Kind of a blowhard in leather pants. Someone at GC told me he was going to the Expo and was all excited about it.

Maybe he's just attending, but the Warrior record is coming out (Vinnie has always had the tapes) so maybe they're going to do a show or two at some point. He would be a cheap guest to get. He would probably pay them to be there.
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Decibel geeks latest podcast, 286, is all Vinnie. Nothing new but at the end they talk about the expo and the possible blacklist.
Enjoy!
http://decibelgeek.com
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

VikingVVFan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:19 am Decibel geeks latest podcast, 286, is all Vinnie. Nothing new but at the end they talk about the expo and the possible blacklist.
Enjoy!
Did you mean podcast 296?
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Hummarstra wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm
VikingVVFan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:19 am Decibel geeks latest podcast, 286, is all Vinnie. Nothing new but at the end they talk about the expo and the possible blacklist.
Enjoy!
Did you mean podcast 296?
Yes, sorry!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's a little odd the ed Roman vv model is being used to advertise the Atlanta expo on the official website.
Ed had a legal letter sent to him to stop making it and spyder said some pretty horrific things about Ed Roman. Ed also wasn't too complimentary of the OFFICIAL vv guitarmageddon guitars at NAMM a few years ago. I have to say the quilt looks bad on the guitar and I don't like the headstock at all
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

maybe they have no idea they used that
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am It's a little odd the ed Roman vv model is being used to advertise the Atlanta expo on the official website.
Ed had a legal letter sent to him to stop making it and spyder said some pretty horrific things about Ed Roman. Ed also wasn't too complimentary of the OFFICIAL vv guitarmageddon guitars at NAMM a few years ago. I have to say the quilt looks bad on the guitar and I don't like the headstock at all
And Spyder was Vinnie, so we know Vinnie's feelings on those guitars.

I don't like them either.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I think the quilt is beautiful....if it was on a superstrat or LP, that is!!!!

Those Romans suck a##!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah no quilt top on a Vinnie Vincent guitar.
shramiac wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:35 pm I think the quilt is beautiful....if it was on a superstrat or LP, that is!!!!

Those Romans suck a##!!!!
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Streetbeat wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 am maybe they have no idea they used that
yes i am certain Derek doesn't know those are Ed Roman V's.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

how come vinnie did not say anything
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No idea. I guess he is not too bothered by it.
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Slayer wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 pm Good luck then you will have all the invasion signatures!
Especially since Robert will be there too :wink:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

fullshredd wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:46 am
Slayer wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 pm Good luck then you will have all the invasion signatures!
That is awesome and I hope that it all works out. I'm glad that you still have this guitar in your collection as it is amazing that you have 3 of the signatures and a chance at all 5. That will be epic! Speaking of epic I will never forget that outdoor picture that you took of your collection of artist guitars, simply amazing and all the famous folks that you have met over the years. Are you still in touch with Michael Batio?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:20 pm
That is awesome and I hope that it all works out. I'm glad that you still have this guitar in your collection as it is amazing that you have 3 of the signatures and a chance at all 5. That will be epic! Speaking of epic I will never forget that outdoor picture that you took of your collection of artist guitars, simply amazing and all the famous folks that you have met over the years. Are you still in touch with Michael Batio?
Everyone has a price.
I am absolutely sure that Vinnie will sign your guitar if your pockets are deep enough.
Certain Kiss guitarists charge $500 for a signature on an instrument.
If someone is willing to pay that , I couldn't see Vinnie or anyone in that position turning that cash down for a quick scribble on an instrument.
New instrument line from Vinnie or not, I really believe that Vinnie and Derek should name a price the week before Vinnie-Con and see how many takers there are.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wow! I totally missed this post?

Nice that you still have your VVV, Drew. Hope you can get it signed but if the backplate is all, it's better than nothing!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:46 am
Slayer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:20 pm
Everyone has a price.
I am absolutely sure that Vinnie will sign your guitar if your pockets are deep enough.
Certain Kiss guitarists charge $500 for a signature on an instrument.
If someone is willing to pay that , I couldn't see Vinnie or anyone in that position turning that cash down for a quick scribble on an instrument.
New instrument line from Vinnie or not, I really believe that Vinnie and Derek should name a price the week before Vinnie-Con and see how many takers there are.
Thanks man. It had grown since then but I never took a full group shot. C'est le vie! But I have met a lot of cool peeps along the way. I haven't spoken to MAB in years but I still consider him a friend. I just couldn't travel to Atlanta with it but if he even came to NJ for the NYC KISS Expo I'd take it to him. I read that Jackson is working with him on a sig model that's preventing him from signing geets, but to be quite honest, I don't think they'd sell many because of VV's lack of relativity in today's scene. None of the companies VV worked with since Grover have panned out as everyone knows. And, if they do do it, it'll be a cheap knock-off like what Dean did with MAB's Rocket. When I saw they were doing that, I sold my Ritz in a heartbeat.
Last edited by fullshredd on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

shramiac wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 am Wow! I totally missed this post?

Nice that you still have your VVV, Drew. Hope you can get it signed but if the backplate is all, it's better than nothing!
Yes! I'll take it (or them) since Robert will be there as well. I prob could have eventually seen a Sky show here on the East coast but since RF moved to WI there went that chance! lol
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

lindea wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:59 pm https://www.lakissexpo.com
The countdown clock has begun! There's no turning back now! (VV) :wink:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

arrange it in advance with the promoter. i am sure there will be a price
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:56 am arrange it in advance with the promoter. i am sure there will be a price
Maybe he'll do the NY expo if all goes well.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I just don't like this naritive that VV has not been active since 1996. He has an official forum, youtube and GUITAR at NAMM that his late wife attended. This is bad reporting. Yes he has not been active too much since 2011/12 but he has also had a website
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 am I just don't like this naritive that VV has not been active since 1996. He has an official forum, youtube and GUITAR at NAMM that his late wife attended. This is bad reporting. Yes he has not been active too much since 2011/12 but he has also had a website
Come on , Dino. Vinnie may have poked his head out at certain times but you really cannot call that BEING ACTIVE.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ok ok. you got a point.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its just that they are suggesting no one heard from him since mid 90s. the correct term would be no one has seen him in person since the mid 90s. its all exciting. i am almost certain i will be there.
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Did anyone score any merchandise from the expo page before they pulled it? There were 100 pink mini VV guitars, "I Was There" shirts, etc.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I got the mini guitar!
Wanted the shirt but decided no...it's kinda bland.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm I got the mini guitar!
Wanted the shirt but decided no...it's kinda bland.
Is the page still up? I can't find it :(
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

I found it the merch page. Maybe some of it will be leftover after the convention for purchase:

https://www.lakissexpo.com/autographsphotos