Warrior

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Warrior

Post by Genebaby »

Euphoria96 wrote:I'm not an idiot.. that cover is so VV... even the W is VV not W, the blue and red colored theme (like the invasion), the R R looks like the old Metaluna Records font logo, two V V guitars upside down (like the Guitarmageddon cover) Says Vinnie Vincent on the cover, lead vocal, guitars, all ... I mean, all pointed to him, I guess my guess was wrong, that's ok... but as some of you here believe to be Gods, you can not shed an opinion, without being labeled as "Idiot" and "Can of Beans" ... thanks Vic, now you can ban me from your page. Peace
Hey, I guess I wasn't paying attention, I wasn't thinking of you in my post, and if he was then that's not cool.

I was referring to the ones out there in the big world who are Vinnie obsessed in a weird way, i.e. His beautiful smile Vs his awesome songs etc. Strangely these people usually have only just discovered how much they love him. All of a sudden.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
QSano

Post by QSano »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:34 am I think it's Hirsch that provided the tapes not vv. But who knows
Not true at all. I asked Hirsh yesterday and had to listen to him babble on and on while he tried to sell me a Guitar Center Extended Warranty.

He works at Guitar Center Mass Ave. Boston. If you want to ask him anything call and leave a polite message for him at the store and I would imagine he would either call you back or talk your ear off. (617) 450-4311.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

I just received an email from Cherry Red Records confirming that was order was shipped. It should be here in 14-21 days. I would have never imagined that when I bought the "Music From The Elder" bootleg album in 1992 that 25 years later I would be hearing the Warrior sessions in excellent sound quality. I am very curious to hear the Fergie sessions.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Gary always said Vinnie had the masters so if is from the master tape they would have had to get from Vinnie unless they had a safety copy tape.
Bye Bye
QSano

Post by QSano »

Amazon has delayed my order. Hopefully I'll get it as some point but I'm not holding my breath.
Possio

Post by Possio »

Ok guys and gals, I got it at my house now, came here to Stockholm Sweden in no time from England..Nothing to write home about, not that great..sorry to say. :(
First portion is most likely sourced from YouTube, sound is absolutely No improvement from what I´ve heard before, same swishy swoshy quality to it like any low resolution/low bit rate nonsense..Last portion of the CD, the rehearsals are sourced better, probably one of the other band members old rehearsal tape or summat, sound is decent here and actually is in stereo from my judgement!, interesting stuff, (you will be given the bonus listening to a guitar being tuned! :wink: ) some of the former "instrumentals" actually has a melody line here, so, you get a glimpse of what the final song could have sounded like..but, over all, quite underwhelmed..for the serious "must have everything" collector only, sorry to say.
Most likely only Cusano has the "master" or whatever from these proper song-demos, he/she should have released it instead, not that there is much money in releasing CD´s today anyway, but still, I would have bought it :)

Cheers, Olle
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I've become the CD for two days and...mhm..what can I say...The sound quality is bad, well known songs nothing new.
Ok, a new CD...for a die hard fan ok...
Sorry,

Wolfi
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well that's a pooh......oh well, into the collection it goes....
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

Finally ! Mine arrived from England today!
Too bad my only CD player is in my Jeep !
Will crank it tomorrow at 5 AM on the way to the land of 4,000 cubicles.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

I just got my copy today. Everything that has already been mentioned is true. The quality is not very good on the first six studio demos. Back On The Streets doesn't even have the complete drum intro. It fades in like many of the versions already on youtube. I have to say that the Fergie Frederiksen stuff is interesting to hear. All in all it is not horrible, but it is not the release I was expecting. It is like a glorified bootleg with a booklet to read through.
madvincent

Post by madvincent »

Got my copy on Saturday and also disappointed with the sound quality (YouTube ?) Nothing I never heard before except for the Fergie Frederiksen sessions.
Possio

Post by Possio »

This whole release reeks of fraud...total rubbish.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am certainly vv has the masters so his archives will be much better is my guess.
They were only demos so won't be perfect.
Bye Bye
WarriorMonk

Post by WarriorMonk »

I'm confused -- Is the CD audio taken from a lower-quality source than the one used in the YouTube video posted earlier in the thread? Because the video sounds pretty clear. Thanks. -WM
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

SCAN0012~2.JPG
SCAN0013~2.JPG
SCAN0014~2.JPG
SCAN0015~2.JPG
SCAN0016~2.JPG
SCAN0017~2.JPG
SCAN0018~2.JPG
SCAN0019~2.JPG
SCAN0011~2.JPG
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I totally expect Vinnie to have these songs properly mixed , mastered, and available at Vinnie-Con as a part of the box set (as was initially intended).
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

WarriorMonk wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 am I'm confused -- Is the CD audio taken from a lower-quality source than the one used in the YouTube video posted earlier in the thread? Because the video sounds pretty clear. Thanks. -WM
The CD claims to be from Gary Shea's personal collection. The YouTube video sounds much better. The songs on the CD are also slower in tempo.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

poserboy71 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:44 am I totally expect Vinnie to have these songs properly mixed , mastered, and available at Vinnie-Con as a part of the box set (as was initially intended).
That's what I was thinking earlier. I sure hope so!!
WarriorMonk

Post by WarriorMonk »

DaBonadono wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 am The CD claims to be from Gary Shea's personal collection. The YouTube video sounds much better. The songs on the CD are also slower in tempo.

Thank you for the info. So the YouTube uploader has a much better-sounding copy than Cherry Red does. And he's confusing things by using their CD cover art for the video: People are going to buy the CD based on the clear sound in the video, only to find a washed-out sounding tape (running at the wrong speed, no less) on the disc itself. Hmm.

Still, might be worth it for the extra tracks, and the packaging is nice to have as well. I think Cherry Red should do a quick recall, rip the audio off of that video (in HD), and release a revised second pressing. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but I wonder if they could. -WM
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It certainly is pretty crappy that there is a better version on YouTube compared to what they are selling.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Some of those vv photos they don't own unless vv gave permission to use.
Bye Bye