Slayer

Re: Mark Slaughter talks about VVI with Ed Trunk

Post by Slayer »

Great listen!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Man, Eddie will never interview Vinnie, I'm sure, unless Vinnie was to get some medical help for his issues.

It is funny that after all these years Slaughter has never done a VVI cover at a show, or have they? Does anybody know?

It seems so obvious, but hey, if they haven't they probably have their reasons.

Early on, there was the animosity, then maybe the guitar parts are too hard, and nowadays the vocals would be a stretch probably.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

They probably fear being sued however unlikely that is
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

"They probably fear being sued however unlikely that is"

THIS!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

mark mentioned it in the db geek interview i think. he said they thought about it but the audience would be confused or find the tunes obscure, something like that.
Bye Bye
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

I'm not sure I'd want them to do a vvi cover. I don't think for a second that Blando could accurately do Vinnie's parts, Also what song would make sense for them to do. The biggest Slaughter era VVI song would either be Love Kills or That Time Of Year, and the way Mark sings now I think it would be pretty challenging without running tracks.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I went to many slaughter gigs when they first started including the kiss opening gigs and the slaughter fans will mostly have had no idea who vinnie was even at the kiss show. There audience was mtv teens who were not into vvi ever and most of them only listened to top 40 rock like def leopard and bon jovi. They introduced every time on the kiss tour 'burnin bridges' saying you all know who this song is about but most of audience had no idea. Even kiss were getting a huge amount of fans on that tour who really only knew the tune 'forever' from mtv. Seriously times were different, it was hard as hell to get info on ex band members etc. Even my die hard metal fan friends would have struggled to name kiss members after the originals and would not know the name of any vvi member other than vinnie and even then they mostly never heard asg.
I know people will argue this but this is my experience as a die hard vv fan in the 80s
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Mark was using a digital effects unit a few years back. After talking with Dana and Mark all day about Vinnie ( very complimentary, remorseful, and grateful ),Mark made it a point to walk side stage during soundcheck to inform me that the clean setting was named 'That Time Of Year' because he said it was basically his favorite clean sound. He played the first few bars of it.
Dana even said he wouldn't listen to the albums for many years until that recent timeframe. He was very proud of those albums.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS