Jeff Scott Soto discusses recording with Vinnie Vincent

Post by Slayer »

Here you go Jeff Scott Soto discusses recording with Vinnie Vincent

http://bravewords.com/news/jeff-scott-s ... e-was-into
Slayer

Re: Jeff Scott Soto discusses recording with Vinnie Vincent

Post by Slayer »

WORKING WITH VINNIE VINCENT

This question might be a kind of off topic, but Jimmy Waldo was here two weeks ago or something, with Graham Bonnet, and we discussed his working with Vinnie Vincent. He then told me about the recording sessions that you did with Vinnie Vincent, around ’88? Can you say something about that session?

Jeff Scott Soto: We were recording the second Kuni album, and they were doing the second Vinnie Vincent, Invasion album. If anybody knows his style, where his background comes from, they know he’s very much into R&B and blues and soul and stuff like that. Heavy metal is the smallest on his list of things that he wrote and that he was into. So, he heard that in my voice. He knew even from my conversations that I came from that same background, that I grew up with the whole R&B thing. He had a publishing deal where he was supposed to submit X amounts of songs per year to pay him to… So, they can pitch them to Celine Dion and Michael Bolton, that kind of thing. And he had four songs; he asked if I wanted to sing on them because they were not metal. They were not hard rock. It was complete pop R&B, and that’s all there is, they were just demos.

The songs never came out officially?

Jeff Scott Soto: No. But they were out in different forms of bootlegs of course. But I don’t know if anybody ever recorded any of them in a real way, and all I have ever heard is the versions I sang with them.

That’s something that people don’t know much about, I think?

Jeff Scott Soto: Yeah. They were just publishing songs that we were doing demos of, that’s why even the recordings they were done in his home and back then home studios were… They were not the greatest quality. So, the quality when you hear it now it’s like really poor. Poorly recorded, poor samples and synthesizers and all that stuff.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice to hear that from Jeff, it's pretty much what we worked out must have been the case.

They are good songs though, and I just LOOOOOVE how Jeff sings on them!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Jeff should have recorded the second Invasion LP if he was in the studio at the time :mrgreen:
say two sky two say fare
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

JSS is only good for manly, throaty, songs.
Power and screams.
Subtlety is not his forte.
That is why the Journey gig is not his.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

LOL PB71, I was hoping to get you with my words about his singing. ;)

I do like it though, to me he sounds fine.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

100% with PB71 on this one!

It was as rough as guts to be honest. Jeff is flatter than Whitney Houston was on her last tour in places! :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(