Bobby Rock Talks ASG on Decibel Geek

News and information from 2018 onwards
WizKid

Bobby Rock Talks ASG on Decibel Geek

Post by WizKid »

Drummer Bobby Rock joins the guys this week for Albums Unleashed Vinnie Vincent Invasion All Systems Go. In this long-form discussion, Bobby goes into detail on the tour leading up to the recording of this sophomore album; including his recollection of equipment being confiscated due to a pending lawsuit filed by former New England drummer Hirsh Gardner against Vinnie Vincent.

A lot of tension was building around the recording of All Systems Go with pressure coming down from Chrysalis label heads pushing for more restrained playing from Vincent. That tension would grow to a boil as label moves and band machinations began to cause a separation between the members of the band. In this long form discussion, Bobby shares his feelings on this pressure as well as how the band reacted to it through the recording process.

In this Albums Unleashed special, Bobby Rock discusses the songs on All Systems Go and why certain songs didn’t get the push they didn’t deserve such as the lack of video for opening track, Ashes to Ashes. Other items discussed include a managerial change in the band during the recording process as well as a tour that was in the works with another guitar hero that fell through. Near the end of the discussion, Bobby is asked about his interest in the off-chance that he’d be asked to be part of an Invasion reunion. His answer might surprise you.

Bobby Rock is currently drumming for Lita Ford. You can keep track of Bobby at the links below. We hope you enjoy Albums Unleashed Vinnie Vincent Invasion All Systems Go and SHARE with a friend!

Listen NOW at http://www.decibelgeek.com/wordpress/al ... ock-ep270/
received_10157912236885391.jpeg
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Slayer

Re: Bobby Rock Talks ASG on Decibel Geek

Post by Slayer »

Great interview!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Awesome Job Guy's !!! :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Another triumph for you Chris, well done.

And look at the link Google thought I might like in my news feed: http://sleazeroxx.com/drummer-bobby-roc ... n-reunion/
Commander in chief - VVF Army
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thanks Vic for letting me know about that story. Very cool of them!
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Will give this a listen to
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

Awesome interview! It was fun, funny and worth a listen. Idk why but I love Bobby Rock even more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Thanks a lot!!! Bobby shows he's no misfit toy!!! Vinnie could surely trust him!

Weird comment on Sleazeroxxx : "Jason Panelli · City College of San Francisco

He apparently is painting houses in Orange County now...I kid you not!" ?????????
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Listening now.....who are the two dweebs that won't shut up at the start? :P :P :P :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kathyrindhoeps

Post by Kathyrindhoeps »

Brilliant stuff, Bobby Rock is a gent.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Bobby sent Chris audio files to cover the remaining tune questions.
Now THAT is going above and beyond !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Class act is Mr.Rock, a true gentleman. Great work Chris and Aaron.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great. Phillip Wolfe came in to play some keys according to him. http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/P ... olfe/50633
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

This was a good listen - thanks for sharing.

What is refreshing is that Bobby seems to be one of the few people who worked with Vinnie that doesn't take the easy route of just dismissing him as a fruitcake/whackjob/whatever. He goes a bit deeper behind his actions and behaviour and at least gives us reasons and some insight into why he did what he did. He clearly recalls his time with VVI with a lot of fondness.

A class act. Thank you Bobby for your candour.

I' have a ticket for the Lita Ford gig in a few weeks in London - looking forward to watching the big man beat the skins.