vinnie guitar is at NAMM this year

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: vinnie guitar is at NAMM this year

Post by Genebaby »

Being seen in the industry at NAMM is a big step forward. Once the website goes live we'll probably be able to work out more.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

It would have been cool if vv was a featured artist and showed off the guitar in a scheduled performance. Maybe he is a surprise performer but I doubt it. If he is hanging out at the booth it would be cool too. Maybe the guitar hero people would be there. Maybe the namm thing is just to let everyone know vv is back and not about industry sales unless they have decided to seek distribution. Either way i will be there with my camera.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have actually been trying to get a hold of Michael Molenda. He is the editor for Guitar Player magazine. I hope to give him Mark Nolan's information and hopefully get Vinnie in the pages of Guitar Player.

When magazines write about the NAMM show, I hope that Vinnie gets a write-up. With our help, HE MIGHT.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is the most exciting NAMM for a while for me. In the past it's been cool with things happening at Charvel/Jackson but this is even better.

Really looking forward to NAMM reports from you lucky guys that are going.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes im very excited as well,now we need the Video catalog but i think they will be live around January
doublev

Post by doublev »

I used to room mate in hoboken the editor of guitar player. This was in the late 90s though and I would call him if I felt I was still on vv's team. It is certainly a great time for vinnie fans considering recent events.
I would not bother Mr nolan. I am sure tom and vinnie can get the press and I don't think he is vv' s agent. I know a lot of us could help vv but I think he is more than capable.
I am directing a music video in la this january and I would have been happy to pay myself to make one for vinnie. I work with some of the coen brothers crew on this one too. But its all toast now.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:I used to room mate in hoboken the editor of guitar player. This was in the late 90s though and I would call him if I felt I was still on vv's team. It is certainly a great time for vinnie fans considering recent events.
I would not bother Mr nolan. I am sure tom and vinnie can get the press and I don't think he is vv' s agent. I know a lot of us could help vv but I think he is more than capable.
I am directing a music video in la this january and I would have been happy to pay myself to make one for vinnie. I work with some of the coen brothers crew on this one too. But its all toast now.
Dino, who is the artist that you are doing the video for?

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I would give them Vinnie's information but I don't want Vinnie to feel hassled. Since I don't believe Vinnie has an agent and I'm alreadyBUDDIES with Mr. Nolan , I figured that this would be the best method.

Dino,as far as you knowing the editor or former editor all I can say is put everything in the past and PAY IT FORWARD.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

rick.. you are the best!!

I am trying to remember his name actually. I will go through my old diary tomorrow. I was only room mates for about 3 months. I remember he was not really into guitars and hated his job.. i heard however he became a real big shot of the guitar magazine world.

As for the video i am not going to say until after as I don't want any un-saviouries emailing the band (i am not saying people on the board but more the lurkers). I will PM you however .

i don't mean to lecture anyone, i just don't think mr nolan is the correct person. we have two or three email addresses for vinnie now including the new one from namm so if he wants to contact us he will. I am certain he wont, and especially not me, but who knows. I am still a fan and willing to make peace to him or anyone except for teej (lol)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sometimes I need a good lashing. It seems that I never learn.

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

This reminds me of what Aristides did last year with Adrian Vandenberg. They came out of nowhere, got AV to endorse them, tried to sell $6500 guitars in a crap economy, and they sold how many guitars :?:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VVV wrote:This reminds me of what Aristides did last year with Adrian Vandenberg. They came out of nowhere, got AV to endorse them, tried to sell $6500 guitars in a crap economy, and they sold how many guitars :?:
This is what I am worried about, though I never heard about the thing with AV.

Vinnie will be coming out of the cold into a very different and competitive guitar market. Pricing will need to be keen. Customer service will have to make you feel like you are Number One. There are many options. Yes, this may be the ONLY OFFICIALLY endorsed VVV guitar, but how many people REALLY care about that.

I'm still waiting on the music. It would be really cool if they had Guitars from Hell playing in HQ at the booth.
doublev

Post by doublev »

the only thing vv has got going for him with a heft price tag is some wealthy kiss fans.. but still i am not sure.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev wrote:the only thing vv has got going for him with a heft price tag is some wealthy kiss fans.. but still i am not sure.
Well....................there are a LOT of Kiss fans out there and I'm sure some of them are wealthy! I'd guess that some of them would fall into the category of the "Bah, Vinnie! Smirk, smirk", that we've argued with on Kiss boards over the years in our defense of Vinnie! BUT, will see this guitar and say, "ya know, it's pretty cool!It's part of the extended Kiss family. I might just buy that!"
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

You are dead on !
birnie

Post by birnie »

Well fuck me!
Go away for a few days and see what happens!
Just read the whole thread.......

Post up some pics peeps!
doublev

Post by doublev »

i just hope that the price tag is not the talking point of the show. they are need to seriously think through the price. its better to sell 10 at 3k than none at 8k in my opinion.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i would take everything back to see a VV model double neck however. if i saw that i may have a hard time standing up.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sorry Dino, I can't wish for a 8k price tag, just so you can see a double neck. Bring on the moderately priced VVV guitars!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

If they are anywhere near $8,000.00 , I will wipe out the entire fucking table Tasmanian Devil-style without remorse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:If they are anywhere near $8,000.00 , I will wipe out the entire fucking table Tasmanian Devil-style without remorse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .
And the deeper the love
the stronger the emotion
and the stronger the love
the deeper the devotion

(My favorite lyrics to serial killing by)
I'm never gonna let ya go
in my heart i know
i really love ya, i love ya
oh babe i really love you !!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think the double neck was 10 or 12k .. maybe the 8k tag is a marketing idea and then they can offer a good sale (eg 60% off) and make people feel like they got a deal. I worked for Silo as my first job and they used always advertise the product as double the price so customs thought they were getting a good deal when they offered the real price.. assholes went out of business thank god!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

again, they are going to have to figure out a safe 100% full proof why of paying. no one is going to send Vinnie any money with the hope of getting a guitar. I still say an exclusive arrangement with a guitar center or similar would be the way to go unless something is figured out. Maybe he should sell on ebay if they are going direct.. that would take some risk element away.
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Wow, its great to come back on the board after so long and see all the great new news about Vinnie. Hopefully this will be the start of something much bigger, when does this NAMM thing happen? Cant wait to see pics!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah Rap Man, where the hell have you been lately?.... :wink:

NAMM is in the middle weekend of January, so not long now. Only a few more sleeps!!
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

[quote="Genebaby"]Yeah Rap Man, where the hell have you been lately?.... :wink:

NAMM is in the middle weekend of January, so not long now. Only a few more sleeps!![/quote]

With the holidays and everything, have had little time to visit the board. But I was watching among you every now and then in secret and in the shaddows! :lol:

Yes didnt know about this Namm thing until today and very happy to see that the Vinnie Guitar mystery will finally be unveiled, it is very exciting. Do you know of anyone on this board that will be there? It will be excellent to see if this is only the start of something bigger to come, like you said only a few more sleeps to the big unveiling.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think there will be a couple of representatives of the VVFF there, so we should get some pics and reports.
doublev

Post by doublev »

At least one of us will be at the show. Too bad its not for the general public so more vv fans could show up.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Has anyone told Grover .. he for sure would be interested. I am still interested in what the theory of showing at namm is. Maybe they are looking for a deal to be made with a retailer.
doublev

Post by doublev »

As for tm1 . I think azg is an amp company so maybe that's the reason behind the change or maybe tom will have another line under the azg name.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

doublev wrote:As for tm1 . I think azg is an amp company so maybe that's the reason behind the change or maybe tom will have another line under the azg name.

TM1 is no TOM
doublev

Post by doublev »

What do you mean? Tom is not involved?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Im not sure if he is involved or not , lets hope he is !
doublev

Post by doublev »

The more I think about it the more I am almost certain he will be there. Tom doesnt own the company and vinnie has no employees. If its not vinnie at the booth it will be close family, but I think he will be there
VVV

Post by VVV »

doublev wrote:The more I think about it the more I am almost certain he will be there. Tom doesnt own the company and vinnie has no employees. If its not vinnie at the booth it will be close family, but I think he will be there
In order to prove that it's an actually "Vinnie Vincent"- approved and designed model (as opposed to Roman), Vinnie would have to be there as the spokesperson.

Other than that, they could have a Skype connection with a large monitor where Vinnie could be available live at an undisclosed location to greet people, answer questions about the guitar, etc. Anything is possible, especially with the cost of hiring security, travel (VV doesn't like to fly), hotel, etc...
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

VVV wrote:
doublev wrote:The more I think about it the more I am almost certain he will be there. Tom doesnt own the company and vinnie has no employees. If its not vinnie at the booth it will be close family, but I think he will be there
In order to prove that it's an actually "Vinnie Vincent"- approved and designed model (as opposed to Roman), Vinnie would have to be there as the spokesperson.

Other than that, they could have a Skype connection with a large monitor where Vinnie could be available live at an undisclosed location to greet people, answer questions about the guitar, etc. Anything is possible, especially with the cost of hiring security, travel (VV doesn't like to fly), hotel, etc...

i totally agree
VVV

Post by VVV »

Sure.

Look how crytic he was with that youtube video about the Paleki guitar- "It's Alive"

Then it was pulled.

Now this- a phone number where no one answers. A website that's not activated. An email where I'm sure replies will not be written.

NAMM starts in 15 days.

The lack of transparancy and pr about it (just the guitar, not VV in general) has the potential to = fail.

If
VVV

Post by VVV »

That's "cryptic" fwiw

Vic, is there an "edit " function here somewhere? Thanks
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

The Its alive video its still there (the second incarnation)
VVV

Post by VVV »

Streetbeat wrote:The Its alive video its still there (the second incarnation)
Oh OK. I checked a couple of weeks ago and I got a deleted message. I'll check the new version, thanks.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

its the same , he uploaded it again

original
VVV

Post by VVV »

Streetbeat wrote:its the same , he uploaded it again

original
"UPDATE!!!!

ORDERING INFORMATION FOR THE OFFICIAL VINNIE VINCENT MODEL GUITAR WILL BE POSTED ON YOUTUBE SOON! KEEP WATCHING FOR INFORMATION ON THIS CLASSIC!!!! GUITARMAGEDDON IS NOW!!! SAY NO TO UNAUTHORIZED COPIES!!!! Additionally, the master mixes of VINNIE VINCENT "GUITARS FROM HELL" is scheduled for release. For the latest information as it becomes available, log onto doublev.forumco.com"

:roll:
doublev

Post by doublev »

That update is old.
I am telling you.. he will not trust anyone but himself or close relative. I think he will be there. The compAny is registered to a relative of vinnie so maybe he will be there. I don't know where tom fits in but I would think he will be there too. But for sure either vv, his wife or the relative will be there.
doublev

Post by doublev »

The smart thing is to sell it retail. They are going to get a lot of emails and phonecalls and most will not be buying. Also they will piss a lot of people off if they don't reply and also its a risk to pay that kind of money. Maybe if they take credit cards that would ease the risk.
It's got to be real professional to work, but they may well pull it off. I hope.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VVV wrote:That's "cryptic" fwiw

Vic, is there an "edit " function here somewhere? Thanks
Yes, with this new forum software you should be able to edit your post for up to an hour after posting.
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote: It's got to be real professional to work, but they may well pull it off. I hope.
I don't think these guys are professional at all, Even that youtube add for the pear guitar was pretty amateurish....they are just slides & the sound totally distorts, badly. My amateur effort for the vvforum add was better than that crap. Quentin or Streetbeat could have totally killed that pear add for V. But he doesn't want the help...he knows better...Not!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

in defence of Vinnie and Tom, they are just doing what they can with what they got. I think the guitar will speak for itself but not the price tag. But yeah.. sammy would have been one hell of a friend to vinnie as would have a lot of people.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

All of those e- mail addresses and phone numbers will most likely activate at NAMM time.

Also, at NAMM, I WONDER IF THEY ARE GOING TO LET ME PLAY EACH MODEL. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

I wouldn't be so sure about the site and emails activating on time but let's see. Just don't have poserboy written on your name tag. I would love to be their if Paul and gene venture down to the basement. Has anyone checked out tm one guitars neighbours ?
doublev

Post by doublev »

Rick , you should offer to work for free on the adjoining booth.