vinnie vincent selling same guitar twice

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Re: vinnie vincent selling same guitar twice

Post by doublev2 »

He must show two different white rr v's in kiss. He says the pink one was in creatures tour book. He offered pictures of the white one already sold at juliens. He must show both
Bye Bye
FlyingVgirl1988

Post by FlyingVgirl1988 »

I'm so confused
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Only juliens and vv can unwind this. As it stands we are now to believe two white rr v's photographed on creatures tour
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Sorry but what's going on with trem cavity? This guitar had fine tuning trem originally it looks like?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Supposed to be same guitar. If they are then what's the one that was sold? Image

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I will say the markings in wood look the same.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ok i think from neck wood figuring these are same guitars. So then what's the white one? That must have been originally black? Ok i will give vv this. I think this is same guitar but Damn it been fucked with
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That trem cavity is awful.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The pick guard is shorter
Bye Bye
FlyingVgirl1988

Are these authentic Vinnie guitars? I wonder how many he has.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Going to have to say it is the same guitar! The fingerboards match, you can't fake that.... but damn, Vinnie! Who did you get to put the pull up route in?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ok. It makes sense if the white one sold before was black. And this was the white. I will say that. I do believe based solely on the figuring of the fingerboard that this is the guitar. In fact this is only one I am sure about.
FlyingVgirl1988

Wish I was a rich bitch when it comes to kool stuff like this!
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

That neck PU reminds me of the pick-ups that were on the purple/grey VV, on the pictures Tom showed us : sort of melted or something...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (8.68 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

tukoztukoz wrote:That neck PU reminds me of the pick-ups that were on the purple/grey VV, on the pictures Tom showed us : sort of melted or something...
Capture.JPG
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah I guess left in a very hot attic or vv shredded too fast!!
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

By the way vv never used a non reverse inlay jackson on creatures tour so the description that he uses extensively on creatures tour is totally false http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... tems%3D100

Not true at all....He says he remembers sp he has an out, not officially 'he used it' but 'he remembers using it' total get out!!

A Jackson Randy Rhoads model "shark fin" guitar with hot pink finish from the personal collection of Vinnie Vincent, former lead guitarist of the rock group KISS, serial number: RR0213. Vincent recalls using this guitar extensively during the Creatures of the Night - Kiss 10th Anniversary Tour; in the studio and while on tour for the album Lick It Up (Mercury, 1983); as well as in the 1983 videos for "Lick It Up" and "All Hell's Breaking Loose"; and additionally on both of his VINNIE VINCENT INVASION albums, including the famous feedback intro for the song Boyz Are Gonna Rock , and the Guitars from Hell and Euphoria albums. "This guitar," Vincent explains, "which was rediscovered after almost 25 years, is the last of only four custom neck inlay models that were produced by Jackson for my use. It was originally painted in a gold metal flake finish, as can be seen in numerous photos from my early days in KISS, and was later sent back to the Jackson factory prior to the filming of the 'LICK IT UP' VIDEO where it underwent modifications and was repainted hot pink." It was sent back to the factory in the mid 80's to update the logo on the headstock." The guitar has been refitted with the original parts and is accompanied by an original Lick It Up tourbook and the original hardcase used while touring with KISS.
PROVENANCE From the Collectio
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Vinnie's word as provenance has zero value.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Let it be.
The guitars seem to be legit. Some things can't be faked.
It isn't affecting our personal life so... ...LET IT BE.
My regret is that I cannot afford the guitars that I am sure about.
I also hate that corporate assholes with money are most likely the ones that are buying this. There seems to be no personal sentiment involved. Only a "Let me hang this in my restaurant and sell a burger " vibe to it. :cry:

I hope Vinnie makes enough to where he can live comfortably and also give the tapes of his unreleased tracks the TLC they need to be properly released.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
FISHEYEDFOOL

Post by FISHEYEDFOOL »

has he sold the RR that had the white gaffers tape covering it? it was thought to be pink.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

FISHEYEDFOOL wrote:has he sold the RR that had the white gaffers tape covering it? it was thought to be pink.

It was up on the auction Vinnie ran himself but not at the last Julien's. Whether it sold who knows? Tom's original PEAR VVV was also up on the Vinnie ran auction but it sold at the last Julien's. If that means that it was the only guitar passed in way back then, again, who knows?

Agree with what Rick said too. Shame fans are probably blocked by the corporates from buying them....but no doubt that happens with any rock star auctions.

There's some very nice Nancy Wilson guitars up in this auction too, if anyone is interested. A couple have $500 start bids!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Maybe Vinnie bought his own guitars?
say two sky two say fare