News and information from 2018 onwards
Trixxy

Re: VV Guitars in upcoming Auction

Post by Trixxy »

Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

just relisted with a new letter that comes from Vinnie

I now have a hand signed letter from Vinnie Vincent on his personal letterhead that will of course, be included with the guitar.
I have taken a picture of only part of page 1 and page 2 of the letter as you can see, so to protect the letter of provenance from being duplicated by and duplicitous individuals on Ebay and beyond. Should you be interested in its content and gentlemanly in asking, I am happy to share its content with any prospective buyer. I will not entertain correspondence from anyone who has an agenda as it pertains to Vinnie Vincent and such. I am a serious collector (not a guitar dealer), a busy professional, and as my feedback would attest, a kind and courteous Ebay member.

The primary and focal wording of Vinnie's letter, in his own words, and as quoted from the letter, is this:

"The four gold metal flake custom inlay whammy models Jackson sent to Vinnie were a tuning nightmare and problematic at first, so Vinnie asked Jackson to send him a number of non whammy models to get through the Creature tour while the bugs were begin worked out with the Floyd Rose whammy custom models. The white Jackson non tremolo model was one of the first "emergency" guitars sent by Jackson to Vinnie in 1982, as memory has it."

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So now there were four gold guitars?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah four gold "first five" Rhoads! The mind boggles.

Just to note, it is doubtful that particular white Rhoads was used on the CoTN tour. Its serial number is RR0043 (or 48) pointing to the likelihood it wasn't made until February 1983, two months into the CoTN tour. But I'm happy to be proved wrong.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

So it had a tremo now doesnt and white headstock he desided to paint black even though all his next guitars had black headstocks painted same color as body. Plus he was selling last rr v and now has more.

I will say this is bullshit
Bye Bye
Pariah90

Post by Pariah90 »

Genebaby wrote:So now there were four gold guitars?
"As memory has it"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

who is buying these? they are bought and then seem to be lost forever.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

only vv guitar i would but would be vv model at least its beyond doubt what it is
Bye Bye