wolfgang161272

Re: Vinnie's official site is gone

Post by wolfgang161272 »

He is killing me with his doings...
Wolfi
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i hope you didnt have a deal going on with him?
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

He is in a small apartment, mattress on the floor w/ a lap top who was stealing someones wifi who finally caught on.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

That is so so sad! Why I love this guy so much?? Why I have interest in hearing new stories or something else? My wish for 2015: to see a little light on the horizon...a new old mix or what else...
WOlfi
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

At least we still have his official forum where we can have insightful chats with the man himself. Oh, hang on....
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Sad thing is he has no music to put out either. Yes he has some interesting demos but gfh was not finished. He has only his louis xvi mock antiques to sell. Good luck to him though
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Just before Xmas it all goes to pooh. Oh Vinnie, what is your game plan here?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:(
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

WHAT?!? Could it be...finally done? Even with pretending to make comebacks?

Tired of it all and threw in the white towel...

Right before Christmas and a New Year, too

</3
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

Vinnie is playing with us u-u
Cruelty .... But I hope new things, have to be mysterious ... x-x
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i really hope for no news or good news, i hope he didnt screw someone this time.
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

Streetbeat wrote:i really hope for no news or good news, i hope he didnt screw someone this time.
The good news ... The bad take arrive faster then we calmly ...
Here there is a saying, "In the end gives everything right and took still not sure is because they have not reached the end."
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

If he has truly decided to stop pursuing music and pretending like hes going to release something; getting our hopes up...

Then good for him. He is 62 years old. He needs to start focusing on himself and taking care of himself.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Amen.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

But that's not the case. Also he could have easily posted a retired notice but not the case. He always talks to people of new releases coming.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Maybe he doesn't feel the need to have to post a retired notice.
Don't see why he should or have to.

But since everything has disappeared now, we will see what happens over the next year. If any activity from him occurs. :)

If he has really thrown in the towel, good for him, like I said.
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

I'm not expecting any new releases from VV, but it would def be a welcome surprise. Happy Holidays Vin, hope you're staying nice & toasty !!
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

Look, I believe you can even try get out the music, but the music never leaves you.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Merry Xmas Cusano...

Hope you finally realize humans are only given one life and as far as we know in our own little world... no reincarnation or god exist. I understand how disheartened you may be about music and thinking you have been fucked over... But at the end of the day, you've had more lucky breaks than most. I only wish I had your fan base...
Sincerely,
A fan who realizes you'll never change
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

In a few months we will hear something I am sure. There is no music he can put out unfortunately unless rickety old demos is what you want and that's not going to happen either. As for playing and recording new music I wonder why he never ever talked of that it was always old demos and gfh but never totally new music. As far as new music and plating he has been retired 20 years. Playing live he has been retired 27 years.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:(
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MickFury1982

Post by MickFury1982 »

Well the enigma continues. Just have to wonder if something shifty went on with the auction? The site didn't have much to it but I liked leaving it on to stream the music while browsing. Also kind of gave me hope he might do something more....I firmly believe musically he is spent at this point of in activity but at least write a book and do some interviews and get paid a little Vinnie :)
You can also call me LEE ROY WASHINGTON!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes agreed. Writing a book is the only option. Ofcourse we will be at hand to pick it apart if it stretches the truth. :D
I just hope vv understands he wont sell 1 million copies. He can not charge 50 bucks a book or 200 signed. And even at 5 bucks a book he would be looking to sell 5000 copies. Obviously chance it could sell a lot more but he just needs to know the minimums I guess because he really is about a tenth of peter criss in popularity and I doubt peter sold too much more than ten thousand books at best.
Bye Bye
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

doublev2 wrote:Yes agreed. Writing a book is the only option. Ofcourse we will be at hand to pick it apart if it stretches the truth. :D
I just hope vv understands he wont sell 1 million copies. He can not charge 50 bucks a book or 200 signed. And even at 5 bucks a book he would be looking to sell 5000 copies. Obviously chance it could sell a lot more but he just needs to know the minimums I guess because he really is about a tenth of peter criss in popularity and I doubt peter sold too much more than ten thousand books at best.
Look Peter's book sales was very big in Brazil, it was just to get a new batch in the bookstore that all have the pratileira leave immediately ... I say this because I am a moth books, bought the first batch of books and my book came defective when I did not change any more ... and so it was for months ... I think the book is a really good thing, generates great sales ...
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Tick tock, tick tock! :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes book great but vv is not peter criss. Vv was in band from November 1982 to march 1984 and not officially in the band until release of lick it up album. So vv will expect to sell books for like 50 bucks and think he is in similar league to peter but that's not reality. Still could get good sales though if priced normally.
Bye Bye
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

Yes ... But still it is a great alternative.

Post by 1031 »

This is a good thing, and possibly doctors orders. What was the point of having a site for guitars he could never deliver ? Or a Youtube page promising something again he had no way to deliver. The best thing he can do is live in the reality of his present situation. Then maybe move forward musically if he can, If he can't there is no reason to pretend.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great point 1031
1031 wrote:This is a good thing, and possibly doctors orders. What was the point of having a site for guitars he could never deliver ? Or a Youtube page promising something again he had no way to deliver. The best thing he can do is live in the reality of his present situation. Then maybe move forward musically if he can, If he can't there is no reason to pretend.
michaellevay

Post by michaellevay »

I bet he didn't even have half the merchandise he was selling if any?
I guaranteed he sold that stuff along time ago! He probably just fucked a bunch of people for money now he's on the run.
Why else would you have to delete all traces of yourself? The man is nuttier
than squirrel shit!!!!
michaellevay

Post by michaellevay »

I wouldn't trust a son of a bitch selling me a guitar pick for five dollars!!! Lol he would keep your five dollars and fuck you over!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Who sells very expensive stuff with no address, no officially registered company, no phone number and no real people? It's fraud 101 if you buy and then he dissappears so anyone who has been taken by this scam if it is should contact us as we have all info you need for police. but also you would have to be either wealthy enough not to care if you loose or really really trusting person.
Also I really do think the fact he registered on multiple bankruptcy he only owned one guitar is the real reason he got the shakes.
He has a louis xvi mock furniture business so he is just going to fall back on that. It's unclear if he is passing off new for old but we will find out from sources eventually I guess if anyone cares.

My feeling is he sold nothing though.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If he is going to sell he just needs to do it through a real auction house like burt Reynolds did but he can not because of his historic bankruptcy declarations
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Who bought those Louis XVI furniture? Any idea?
Not a very trendy thing to sell...
say two sky two say fare
carvindc200

Post by carvindc200 »

Sad stuff. I hope the next time I hear about Vinnie it's not some tragedy on the news :(
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

I really really hope so, as for NOW i think he went back to store his guitars out of his big ego and pride (no sales)
or he screwed someone or ...he sold some and he is fine for now (hopefully this).
nowonmai

Post by nowonmai »

holy shit folks.... i leave for a couple days and this is what's up.

well i'll be dipped. He nuked his site? and what's up with the Louis the XiV furniture? seriosuly what the fuck all that noise about? Ya'll tellin me VJ had a furniture business? what the hell...

this shit just gets better and better. please. share your stories.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Nothing to share, he is gone
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Plus he runs a business importing furniture under a different name.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I believe he is always in the process of doing something...

But maybe just taking a break right now.

Like I said if he is truly calling it quits, good for him.

So yes, depressing that for sure he will never make a return with anything. But no more getting hopes up and such.
nowonmai

Post by nowonmai »

thats too much... this enigma is too much.

i'm very late to this party, but i really like what i see.

I'm not even a fan of KISS. But I am a true fan of Hollywood Babylon. And the VV story is that in spades.

*popcorn*
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

AnkhWarrior wrote:I believe he is always in the process of doing something...

So yes, depressing that for sure he will never make a return with anything. But no more getting hopes up and such.
He may pop up again but we can rest assured that nothing will come of whatever he is doing, it's just a pattern he keeps repeating. He tries to do something, does it completely wrong, becomes an internet laughing stock, shuts down for a while until next time.

I wish he'd stop doing this, or take a sane persons advice to make something successful. Each time he just opens himself up for ridicule all over the web, and this was no different.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He needs to make music and put it out. Action purifies everything. playing music is what he was meant to do.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Genebaby wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:I believe he is always in the process of doing something...

He may pop up again but we can rest assured that nothing will come of whatever he is doing, it's just a pattern he keeps repeating. He tries to do something, does it completely wrong, becomes an internet laughing stock, shuts down for a while until next time.

I wish he'd stop doing this, or take a sane persons advice to make something successful. Each time he just opens himself up for ridicule all over the web, and this was no different.
One can only do/take so much before stopping entirely. If nothing happens this year then I believe that's the end. Which, I am perfectly fine with. Better to just quit with the lying, promises and bogus upcoming material. All he's doing is stressing himself. If he can't be honest and actually put out music, then he needs to just focus on his personal life and mental well being.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

doublev2 wrote:He needs to make music and put it out. Action purifies everything. playing music is what he was meant to do.
Everyone is meant to do something. Unfortunately not all follow the path they were destined to.
JimmyJames

Post by JimmyJames »

Very true AW
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's too Hard for vv to keep playing music sessioning. I assure you he does not think he is retired. He just looses faith very easily and quits easy. I guess we are all the same but sometimes you gotta grind your teeth and ride through it telling those voices in your head to fuck off
Bye Bye