guest on a demo

News and information from 2018 onwards
tyla

guest on a demo

Post by tyla »

well, read on th fb that a swedish band have been in contact with vv and that vv has promised to be a guest on their demo that will be released in jan 2015.

hard to believe.
Possio

Re: guest on a demo

Post by Possio »

what band? I can actually think of one,...guitar ?, vocals?..
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Would be cool if Vinnie did something....anything!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tyla

Post by tyla »

impera

one of the members has been in touch with vv for many years...

it will probably not happen.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Don't anybody hold your breath. Go on with your lives people....... ;)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i read the same years ago
tyla

Post by tyla »

will of course never happen, but the band is hopefully, poor boys :-)
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Wont hold my breath on this one. But we can dream, right? :)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Don't Dream It's Over.
[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote:Don't Dream It's Over.
[youtube][/youtube]
Actually LOVE that song.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

kisslolo

Post by kisslolo »

Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

lol maybe it was just to make some noise ....

Funny comment :
Doug Canipe I also did not record with Vinnie Vincent. I just didn't create a press release about it. Maybe I should. Hey...I also did not record with Ozzy. Maybe I'll mention that too.
tyla

Post by tyla »

Swedish rock band IMPERA featuring four well known members from Sweden managed to track down the legendary ex KISS guitar player Vinnie Vincent to play a guest solo on their new album "Empire Of Sin" that is coming out January 23rd on Escape Music.

IMPERA are known for their love and ties to KISS, they recorded a cover of Paul Stanley's solo album song "Goodbye" with Bob Kulick as special guest, band leader JK Impera used to run the Kiss Army in Sweden and has played with Bruce Kulick and Vinnie Vincent before, guitarist Tommy Denander plays on Paul Stanley's last solo album "Live To Win" and has recorded and performed with Eric Singer, Bruce and Bob Kulick before, bassist Mats Vassfjord has also played with Vinnie Vincent before.

“The whole rock world is wondering where Vinnie is today so I was very happy when I got hold of him, and I was even more thrilled when he said yes to play a guest solo on our new Impera album but unfortunately in the end it all fell apart because it was not enough time so close to the release to make it happen which is ok, I´m happy he said yes and we wish him all the best, maybe on the next one says JK Impera”.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, so they have a lot of Kiss and Vinnie connections, that's cool.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

tyla wrote:... but unfortunately in the end it all fell apart because it was not enough time so close to the release ...
Fucking fools could still record it and release it at SOME POINT.
I CALL BULLSHIT !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Impera just promoting their new album. Thats all.
Only the truth can set you free
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Detroit wrote:Impera just promoting their new album. Thats all.
Exactly. Very sad.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

poserboy71 wrote:
Detroit wrote:Impera just promoting their new album. Thats all.
Exactly. Very sad.
Those Impera guys actully knew Vinnie pretty well back in 90's. Some of them were supposed to play on GUITARMAGEDDON demos or on actual album. I recall they might have demoed something. The whole thing went down cos Vinnie didn't get that sweed vocalist he wanted to have (ex-Malmsteen). This guy waited and waited for VV to contact him and when he finally did this guy had already a new band. VV was very angry blaiming that he sabotaged his whole carrier. Do you know the story?
Only the truth can set you free
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Detroit please tell story again.
Are you talking Goran? Who did he blame for sabotaging his career? He has blamed at least 8 people of same thing in long letters inc robert fleischman, many execs at chrysalis, kiss, me, and Managers.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Never understood why vv always searching for singer when he could do it himself.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

he doesnt like his voice most likely, i really love his voice, it was a huge mistake that he didnt record more.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Streetbeat wrote:he doesnt like his voice most likely, i really love his voice, it was a huge mistake that he didnt record more.

Vinnie does have a great voice. I know he himself doesn't seem to like his voice but perhaps it's more because singing just isn't his thing.

Someone can be very good at something, but if they don't enjoy it then they have no interest in doing it...no matter how good they are.

At least we were blessed to hear his playing :D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think he likes his own voice
On dv board he was talking about releasing tracks with him singing. Gene simmons recently sad he sang great too.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Sing for us, Vin! :D
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yep, never understood his need for a singer... Eric Carr even stated that Vinnie had a great voice. It's odd that such a control freak like VV would put up with the headache of having another vocalist.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

If you've ever run a band you'll know the KISS approach is a good one. The more members the more potential for problems.
When I became the only guitarist it was that much easier to organise. A three piece is the dream but unless we found a drummer who can sing and play awesome we are stuck as neither my bass player or I are fit for covering the singing full time.

Vinnie doesn't have this problem and he could have eliminated his singer issues had he made VVI a power trio.

Post by 1031 »

Genebaby wrote:If you've ever run a band you'll know the KISS approach is a good one. The more members the more potential for problems.
When I became the only guitarist it was that much easier to organise. A three piece is the dream but unless we found a drummer who can sing and play awesome we are stuck as neither my bass player or I are fit for covering the singing full time.

Vinnie doesn't have this problem and he could have eliminated his singer issues had he made VVI a power trio.
I never could figure out as much as he wanted to be the center of attention why he didn't . Also he had to know that the money follows the vocals for the most part. He could have been a much better position biz and label wise.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Maybe record label didn't think he was right type as front man?
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not sure how they viewed Robert but Chrysalis was sure quite taken with Mark, which was not good for the band in the end.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:I'm not sure how they viewed Robert but Chrysalis was sure quite taken with Mark, which was not good for the band in the end.
The label (and Dana) were keen on a young pretty boy to front the band. It makes sense.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:
Genebaby wrote:I'm not sure how they viewed Robert but Chrysalis was sure quite taken with Mark, which was not good for the band in the end.
The label (and Dana) were keen on a young pretty boy to front the band. It makes sense.
And yet, you weren't considered! Shame Chrysalis, shame! :mrgreen:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:
And yet, you weren't considered! Shame Chrysalis, shame! :mrgreen:
I was turned down because of my lewd interpretive dancing concerning the lyrics.

NEWBEGINNINGS
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

That would be our great gift for Christmas?
Brings a longing to have new things in the ears with the voice of Vinnie, with powerful sound on guitar ...
Take to be released on time, anxiety is very large ...
kisslolo

Post by kisslolo »

1. The Beast Is Dead
2. Evil
3. Don’t Stop
4. Hole In The Sky
5. Ene Of The World
6. Thunder In Your Heart
7. Lights In The Sky
8. Darling
9. Lost Boy
10. Fly Away

Matti Alfonzetti (vocals)
Tommy Denander (guitar)
J.K. Impera (drums
Mats Vassfjord (bass)

On what title Vinnie plays the solo? :?:
kisslolo

Post by kisslolo »

Through Facebook, I asked the group on which title played Vinnie and here is the answers:

On what title Vinnie plays the solo?

He's not on the album, why do you ask?

EX KISS GUITARIST VINNIE VINCENT SAYS YES TO SWEDISH BAND IMPERA. Swedish rock band IMPERA featuring four well known members from Sweden managed to track down the legendary ex KISS guitar player Vinnie Vincent to play a guest solo on their new album "Empire Of Sin" that is coming out January 23rd on Escape Music. It is you who announced it Not !!!

Swedish rock band IMPERA featuring four well known members from Sweden managed to track down the legendary ex KISS guitar player Vinnie Vincent to play a guest solo on their new album "Empire Of Sin" that is coming out January 23rd on Escape Music. IMPERA are known for their love and ties to KISS, they recorded a cover of Paul Stanley's solo album song "Goodbye" with Bob Kulick as special guest, band leader JK Impera used to run the Kiss Army in Sweden and has played with Bruce Kulick and Vinnie Vincent before, guitarist Tommy Denander plays on Paul Stanley's last solo album "Live To Win" and has recorded and performed with Eric Singer, Bruce and Bob Kulick before, bassist Mats Vassfjord has also played with Vinnie Vincent before. “The whole rock world is wondering where Vinnie is today so I was very happy when I got hold of him, and I was even more thrilled when he said yes to play a guest solo on our new Impera album but unfortunately in the end it all fell apart because it was not enough time so close to the release to make it happen which is ok, I´m happy he said yes and we wish him all the best, maybe on the next one says JK Impera”.

Thank you for the answer, and I really hope for the next album! Vinnie deserves the biggest respect and what a guitarist and composer, I envy you to have been next and worked him with him!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Impera/329944293762910
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

“The whole rock world is wondering where Vinnie is today so I was very happy when I got hold of him, and I was even more thrilled when he said yes to play a guest solo on our new Impera album but unfortunately in the end it all fell apart because it was not enough time so close to the release to make it happen which is ok, I´m happy he said yes and we wish him all the best, maybe on the next one says JK Impera”.

Did Vinnie talk to them recently or years ago?
say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i think it was done to generate press and attention, but maybe they interchanged a few emails and Vinnie said yes he would love to
but ...ya know he is pretty shot
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This was a recent thing.
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

I think there was a lack of planning on both sides
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie will never play on someone else's album for less that 100k and pre paid at bands own risk, but will never ever happen