i seriously want to find Vinnie

News and information from 2018 onwards
poserboy71

Re: i seriously want to find Vinnie

Post by poserboy71 »

MickFury1982 wrote:At this point I would be satisfied with one good solid present day interview with one of the best guitar players in history, Mr. Vincent. It can even be generally softball questions but I want to see it or at least hear it.....not just read it. I want to hear his side of things, where he is at in life and have his take on all the rumors. I know it would require a huge amount of $$$$$ for him to do it but I for one think it would be worth it and would donate greatly to make it happen. Unfortunately I am saddened to say I think he will pass on before this ever happens :cry:
Stay tuned to the Decibel Geek for a future announcement.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
carvindc200

Post by carvindc200 »

^seriously?

And I have nothing to offer Vinnie. Even if I did he wouldn't want it (unless its $$$). Yes, it is for my curiosity. And no, he is not a circus attraction. I'm a fan. I like the guys music and guitar playing. I'd like to meet him is all. Don't over think it.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Not overthinking it, but i assure you he is not even remotely interested on meeting anybody.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

No one is over-thinking a thing. The DB Podcast has something in the works that may just draw Vinnie out to speak. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Streetbeat wrote:Not overthinking it, but i assure you he is not even remotely interested on meeting anybody.
Except me . :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

We are experts :)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Streetbeat wrote:We are experts :)
We are V-spurts.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

[quote="carvindc200"]^seriously?

And I have nothing to offer Vinnie. Even if I did he wouldn't want it (unless its $$$). Yes, it is for my curiosity. And no, he is not a circus attration. I'm a fan. I like the guys music and guitar playing. I'd like to meet him is all. Don't over think it.

Carvin,
I think that the responses here to you are a little strong and stated out of context as you obviously are not a stalker just a curious fan. Many of the folks that have been here for years have felt the same feelings as you and have been through this and have been squashed by Vinnie if they attempted to get too close. There is a mistaken assumption that you would know all the history by reading every archival topic on this forum and that is not a realistic assumption. Vinnie is extremely introverted and I'm sure that he has his reasons why which many of us have wildly speculated at one time or another but few to none of the speculations have been confirmed. Wouldn't it be great if he would entertain a simple question and answer session with fans as he did in the 1990's and maybe play a little guitar? I think that it would! In my opinion he has burned so many people over the years that he lives in fear of being in public for fear that people want to get him. Some may in fact want to get him but most would be fine at this point just to see and hear the slightest remorse from him for his past misdeeds. If he could muster the courage to do this he would be fine with most people and could move on if he had really turned over a new leaf. There is and has been so many talented people on this forum that could assist him in a comeback if he is physically capable of still playing guitar. He wouldn't get rich but he could likely live a comfortable life in his twilight years. We just want to hear him use his GOD Given talents which is to write music and play guitar if he still can. If he can't play anymore then we could help him clean up, master and release his existing archival music which frankly isn't doing him any good currently in his closet. What is it worth? He has an extremely high evaluation of his items but the reality is everything in this world is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Sadly, at this point I think that he will die before he redeems himself but as long as I live I will continue to watch to see if it ever happens. Even if he has lost everything including his once iconic guitar chops I would enjoy hearing his side of all things that have happened in his life.

"K"
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Great post Slayer, my feelings exactly
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Streetbeat wrote:Great post Slayer, my feelings exactly
+ me

NEWBEGINNINGS
MickFury1982

Post by MickFury1982 »

[quote="poserboy71"]No one is over-thinking a thing. The DB Podcast has something in the works that may just draw Vinnie out to speak. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I sure hope you aren't pulling my whammy bar on this one! I always hear its gonna cost five figures or more right? Is anyone doing a kick starter or something to help get this interview? Or to raise some funds to get Vinnie some studio time to get some of those unrealesed trax together? I know quite a few folks with studios in CA who would donate time to make that happen. Ohhh what a glorious day it would be if Vinnie would do any of the above :)
You can also call me LEE ROY WASHINGTON!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Some things you are close on.
Unreleased Vinnie MAY be closer than you think. :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
carvindc200

Post by carvindc200 »

I hope you guys get something out of him! And yes, I know he doesn't want to meet anyone. I'd still love to meet him though! Or hear new music! Or see a current picture! Or hear an interview! Or know that he is in fact real and not a hologram from the 80's. etc..
MickFury1982

Post by MickFury1982 »

[quote="poserboy71"]Some things you are close on.
Unreleased Vinnie MAY be closer than you think. :wink:

This would sooooooo make my year! If we had new Vinnie music and an interview I would be like a kid at Christmas!!! :D
You can also call me LEE ROY WASHINGTON!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes. New music this year would be a huge deal.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I am willing to be patient up until 2020. :)
metatron

Post by metatron »

why 2020?
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Will Vinnie still be alive? You may be able to visit his plot quite easily by then.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie will not release new material ever. He may but doubtful get out old demos that were scheduled for the boxset or guitars from hell but I really doubt that especially the latter
Bye Bye
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

I dont understand why Vinnie doenst do those "Movie and horror" conventions what Ace and Peter do these days. I never did one but from what I understood you can buy a meet and greet for something like USD 250.00 and you get a few minutes with the artist. Some signatures and photo. Vinnie can have his desired security and doenst have to show himself to a big crowd. I think he would make easy and good money by this.

He could bring along a table full of photos, posters and perhaps a nice new cd. (and vinyl!) Bring along as well some of his cool stuff to display and auction off. So many possibilities which he could do. Then again, I am following Vinnie for quite some years now and I know its not gonna happen. If he would release a new current photo on his guitarwebiste with a nice message or short interview, that would be awesome. I HATE it seeing the mugshot all the time. I dont want to remember Vinnie like this. I just dont.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Same here! I really wish i didnt see that photo. I rather think of the mystic Ankh character instead.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie's actions led to that photo, so he and we have him to blame. He had done a fairly decent job of not being seen and then he goes and blows it like that, added to the mug shots of shame.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:Vinnie's actions led to that photo, so he and we have him to blame. He had done a fairly decent job of not being seen and then he goes and blows it like that, added to the mug shots of shame.
This precisely!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

yes sad but true. He cant blame his actions or desiscions on anyone but himself.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Fuck it, IT IS ALL MY FAULT !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

haha you wish ;)