Can someone explain..?

News and information from 2018 onwards
warmachine:D

Can someone explain..?

Post by warmachine:D »

Okay, i'm a bit confused- why won't the other Vinnie forum let there be new members ? And he erased people from there ? And he thinks everyone over here is a traitor ? Can someone please explain some of this to me ? :P
1SG of the VVFF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You pretty much covered it !!! :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You got it in one.

Nobody can register on there at this time. It's been this way for a while.

A LOTof accounts were removed.

We are traitors for being here where you can speak your mind. This in itself would have spelt the end for the other forum as people would have been deleted at an alarming pace for asking simple questions.

It was getting very, very, very boring only talking about allowed topics and avoiding confronting issues. This was no way to live. We did so for a while until the place shut down and we did not know why.

This place was already going so we transferred across and the rest is history.

I couldn't take much more of the censorship over there so I would have begun inviting people over eventually anyhow.

You'll have to ask Vinnie for the reasons why he does what he does.
Commander in chief - VVF Army

:/ It's really sad how you think some people are so cool, but then you find out they're really kind of mean. Noone here is saying anything bad about him, or trying to hurt him! Honestly, maybe there's something wrong with him. And it's sad how he could've had alot more fans, if he hadn't hidden away from everyone. But maybe he really doesn't want people to like him, or have fans. I think he's done for good, because everything he plans never happens :(
1SG of the VVFF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I wish it would sink in. Fuck the image,come back, be gracious, smile, and kick some butt. Simple, RIGHT ? :? :? :?

NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

warmachine:D wrote::/ It's really sad how you think some people are so cool, but then you find out they're really kind of mean. Noone here is saying anything bad about him, or trying to hurt him! Honestly, maybe there's something wrong with him. And it's sad how he could've had alot more fans, if he hadn't hidden away from everyone. But maybe he really doesn't want people to like him, or have fans. I think he's done for good, because everything he plans never happens :(
I don't understand why Vinnie is saying " there will be a new personal custom guitar" and on the ozher hand there will be nothing,
Can anybody explain what this will be?????
When Vinne will not have fans then he don't say anything...
doublev

Post by doublev »

Its like we are school kids. If we don't do what the teacher says we don't get a treat. The guitar is no treat anyway as no one can afford it. Music is a treat but not if its used as a weapon to be extreme. V has no clue at all how to deal with people and I am sure that is at the core of every problem he has ever had. Yes.. he is a nice guy underneath, but the way he acts is so wrong. If only he just was more easy going it would all work out

wolfgang161272 wrote:
warmachine:D wrote::/ It's really sad how you think some people are so cool, but then you find out they're really kind of mean. Noone here is saying anything bad about him, or trying to hurt him! Honestly, maybe there's something wrong with him. And it's sad how he could've had alot more fans, if he hadn't hidden away from everyone. But maybe he really doesn't want people to like him, or have fans. I think he's done for good, because everything he plans never happens :(
I don't understand why Vinnie is saying " there will be a new personal custom guitar" and on the ozher hand there will be nothing,
Can anybody explain what this will be?????
When Vinne will not have fans then he don't say anything...
Really!! I don't understand why he even says anything if he's not going to go through with it. It's kinda depressing, because I was SURE this time what he said would really happen- but no. I think he just likes to mess with us, and to see who still cares. :(
1SG of the VVFF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think he intends to do what he says but either can not deliver and/or he takes the fans the wrong way and gets discouraged. He has no team remember. Like I say I believe he is a good guy, its just he acts in a way that is not cool with a lot of people and I think is very misguided and not so honorable.
kissdude92

Post by kissdude92 »

WE NEED PROOF THAT IT IS VINNIE BEFORE WE ASSUME IT IS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

How do you mean? Proof that it's Vinnie that took over the old forum and promised some stuff?

Believe you me it's the real Vinnie. His lawyer is on constant standby and if it wasn't the Vinster himself then there would be a whole lot of cease and desisting going on.

If you remember, when this forum first opened and DoubleV was closed, then opened again, Vinnie reacted with announcements to things said over here, like when *someone* came here and claimed to be Vinnie and was selling a guitar for 50k.

If that's what you mean, it's Vinnie. :D
doublev

Post by doublev »

kissdude, all the proof is out there.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

kissdude92 wrote:WE NEED PROOF THAT IT IS VINNIE BEFORE WE ASSUME IT IS
We have the proof. Some of us have been threatened legally. Dino has all the proof we need and has spoken DIRECTLY with Vinnie.

We all want Vinnie to make a comeback. He just doesn't like our curiosities.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

basically all the biggest fans have been told to fuck off made to think they are jerks. We all know how loyal we were for years and only since he started faking usernames and winding up and offending people did it all go sour. Its 100% clear he wants no fans. He stole from fans in the 90s and lied to them this year as well as kicking them all off the board he lied about when he took over. What more can he do then just tell everyone to fuck off in a personal letter.
He thinks he has more fans out there, but the truth is he doesn't. There are people who have a small passing interest but not people who care and spent valuable time looking into specifics of his music and technique.

If he wants to call us bad people like he has in the past he ought to look this very closely.

He himself in an email told me that the board was run very well and I was a 'true' fan. Well what he didn't do is listen to me when I said a new board would start up if the dv board was closed or controlled like it was and that opened a huge can of worms. If he had been just a nice cool guy like he was when I first talked with him none of this would have happened.

Why anyone would hate people who love him is the biggest mystery to me.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

This is a mystery for me too!
I don't understand him. A lot of different people are coming every day to me. But non person is like Vinnie. This fact is pissing me on every second because he was my hero in the past... And now he is a shame for every person who cares about him.
doublev

Post by doublev »

its clear he does not want fans or he just keeps making big mistakes.
doublev

Post by doublev »

even speedball jamm in 2001 was a little deceptive. It was advertised to pre-order as a new Vinnie Vincent record. We all thought when we pre-ordered it it was going to be a real 10 track album. They said it was the first VV release in 6 years or something and nowhere did it say it was just a taped live guitar solo. I remember waiting a few month for that and then it arrived and i was expecting tunes, i was pretty bummed. It could have been advertised as a guitar solo but it wasn't.. they used the slogan 'shock and awe' but I can not say that was totally true.
metatron

Post by metatron »

The worst thing that happen to Vinnie was being in KISS. He thinks he's more famous that he really is. He doesn't get it that most KISS fans don't care & some don't even know who is. The other problem is the fact that he so good & so many thing. Great Song Writer, Insane Guitar Shredder. Very good at Singing. Great Producer. So his ego is way out of control & his need for anyone else is sort of null & void. The guy could have easily been in the ranks of a Desmond Child, but he screwed it up, so he is not. In reality if he wants a music career then he need people who have a vested interest in him, shareholders...aka FANS!!! Vinnie,,, denial ain't just a strip club in Jersey. Wake up & smell the fans.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote: What more can he do then just tell everyone to fuck off in a personal letter.
H

I'd really appreciate that letter at this point.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's so true that if the old board had stayed up but continued to be controlled and censored we'd be here now anyway too.

I was dying under Vinnie's regime and that's why I took the time to casually set up somewhere else that could be fun.

You were correct Dino, but Vinnie did not want to listen. He ruined a good board and pissed off good fans.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

AND the sad thing is there is less than 90 of us here! Just 90 super loyal fans (although sadly Vinnie doesn't see us that way) who, as much as we are pissed off at him, still want the best for him! Vinnie man, come back to the true believers!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Hope in one hand ,shit in the other.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Personally, I think the problem with VV is that he hasn't had to work hard for what he has achieved. And because of this his ego is way out of control.
Landing in KISS was more about right place at the right time. He blew his opportunity to stay in KISS.
VVI was more about a record company signing a ex member of KISS and discovering the next big Hair Band of the 80's. He blew his opportunity to stay signed to a major record label.
Some people are able to cope with fame and maintain a sense of normality. VV unfortunately let fame well and truly get the better of him, resulting is some very poor career decisions. And making these bad decisions has continued right up until the recent past based on what we all know regarding his failed attempt to sue KISS (again).
I think his behaviour as of late, that has directed at the fans, is merely a reaction to the realisation that his greatest opportunities in life have passed him by.
Fame can be a hard thing to live with. Living with regret is even harder.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

TheGoodDr wrote:Personally, I think the problem with VV is that he hasn't had to work hard for what he has achieved. And because of this his ego is way out of control.
Landing in KISS was more about right place at the right time. He blew his opportunity to stay in KISS.
VVI was more about a record company signing a ex member of KISS and discovering the next big Hair Band of the 80's. He blew his opportunity to stay signed to a major record label.
Some people are able to cope with fame and maintain a sense of normality. VV unfortunately let fame well and truly get the better of him, resulting is some very poor career decisions. And making these bad decisions has continued right up until the recent past based on what we all know regarding his failed attempt to sue KISS (again).
I think his behaviour as of late, that has directed at the fans, is merely a reaction to the realisation that his greatest opportunities in life have passed him by.
Fame can be a hard thing to live with. Living with regret is even harder.

That's a good statement. I think that is the reason why !
doublev

Post by doublev »

shit, i am not sure if i read this correctly but I am 100% sure Vinnie had to work his ass off for what he achieved.

The thing that I admire the most about Vinnie is that he took risks, lived on peoples sofas and was pretty much broke most of the time before he joined Kiss and he still kept going. Also he had to have worked a whole lot to become such a great player and writer. I understand that he got famous from Kiss but he was no way made by Kiss. He worked his ass off and I admire the sacrifices he must have made.

The issue to me is the way he treats people who admire what he has done, not what he has done or how he got there, and I think its just a mind set that has caused this, kind of a misreading of things. Everyone is good, just the way they end up presenting themselves and those fine line moral issues.

But I understand the fame issue that came from Kiss is most likely what you are meaning as the downfall.

I hope I didn't sound a jerk as I know kind of what you mean
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

All things aside, Vinnie still has the opportunity to have a successful and rewarding career in the public eye. It sucks that he doesn't want it.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

It would be a breath of fresh air if he just apologises. But its not going to happen.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'll start. I'm sorry Vinnie. O.K.- Now you 're next Vinnie.

On second thought -Just play guitar, record it, then release it. No apology needed for me. Just BE REAL !!!Start fresh. The floor is yours.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:I'll start. I'm sorry Vinnie. O.K.- Now you 're next Vinnie.

On second thought -Just play guitar, record it, then release it. No apology needed for me. Just BE REAL !!!Start fresh. The floor is yours.
A good start would be to just release the music and the guitar. Things could positively evolve from there.
doublev

Post by doublev »

yeah. in the late spring 4 guitars were on he go at azg.. so where are they?

Maybe VV got them and then Tom heard nothing from him. This is what happened with the Pear from what a few people have said.

Why Tom hasn't updated his blog to at least say its over or on its way. I am sure the 4 guitars were finished.

If it is still happening they must be waiting for NAMM.

I think by announcing it on youtube and also on Tom's facebook and blog and then not updating means the shit hit the fan somewhere down the line. I know contracts were exchanged so depending on what is going on, I would think neither can sell the guitars without each other.

A simple addition to Tom's blog would be cool. Some people want to buy an AZG non vv model.. maybe with the exact same specs.

I think Tom is a good guy and an update would be cool, but I know it maybe tricky.
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Practicing how to play guitar, paying dues by sleeping on couches and generally being broke before becoming famous is pretty much a right of passage for any musician.
Before KISS, VV was, by in large, a complete unknown. After KISS, VV has become, by in large, an unknown. If KISS never asked him to join the band I would bet my house that VV would have remained an unknown for pretty much most of life.....only known to those within the music business as someone who could write a decent tune and play the f*ck out of a guitar.
VV's fan base seems well represented here in this forum. And because of this it is extremely doubtful VV will ever put out new music (or any other product for that matter) because catering to 90 fanboys ain't gonna make him a penny.
I honestly believe that after KISS VV believed he was going to be on easy-street for the rest of his life. VV probably deep down believed at the time (whilst in KISS and shortly after he left) that he was going to be the next guitar maestro. The reality is, both VVI albums cater to an extremely SMALL market.......And unless VV completely reinvents himself as a musician anything he produces in this day and age will fail.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It seems as if no one listens when I speak. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thing is, we (the 90 fanboys/girls) are a great starting point of a loyal street team. Remember those? The difference being is that there are A LOT more avenues to get the word out on now. Catering to us is actually to his benefit because it is a nice START. He has the most loyal fans RIGHT HERE.We haven't backed down from naysayers and we haven't back down from the man himself. We would steer him in the correct direction. The time is NOW to start listening to the core of his fan base that have been through the worst with him. We've suffered with him and have also lashed out at each other when the ship was going down. There is STRENGTH in the solid fact that everyone here STILL CARES !!!

Vinnie being nice to us would start the chain reaction of positivity that is needed for the general public to hear him again. We would get the word out and be persistent.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

There's no doubting the loyalty, passion and admiration that exists within this forum. But the reality is, the costs to produce music in a 'quality' format (CD and/or vinyl) is more than just a few $$$. He'll need to find a record label and a distributor willing to take the risk with him. And given his 'history' I'd suggest none would want to touch him with a barge pole. And any agreements signed or promises made would end up in court FOR SURE at some point!
Any comeback from VV is extremely unlikely in my opinion. His behaviour as of late (directed to his fans of all people) smacks of someone who is bitter with the world.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I understand your point yet quality music and manufacturing can be made very cheaply in someone's basement (or their second house on the corner :wink: :wink: :wink: ).

The grass roots approach, in a lot of ways ,is entirely MORE PROFITABLE than signing to a label. The artist pays their own bills directly and reaps the profit without paying a label or any management. Vinnie does need to at least let down his guard and seek out some help from fans with contacts and power.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Has VV at least been writing songs/music for other artists? I'd love to hear something/anything that has his touch on it from the last decade.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Like I've said before : A Doctor doesn't move next to a hospital to retire and a musician does not move to "MUSIC CITY" to retire. It is in Vinnie's soul to forever have music come from every pore of his body. Someone of his talent couldn't stop making music even if he wanted to.

The question is, Does he have the tools(the studio,proper computer programs,etc...) to make an easy go of it ? If he'd only reach out.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

It would make total sense that he is writing music in secret for other artists. But I am not so sure. Many people confirmed he was writing country tunes to sell in the90s but no one has any knowledge of what happened to them. Some journalist said they didn'tgo over too well. If he was shopping them around you would thing one would have gotten out in the world. As for now I swing towards the idea he is not writing for others. Surely this would come out and also would be assets to declare in bankruptcy hearings.
Who knows however.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I wonder if Felix has sold any songs ???

NEWBEGINNINGS
birnie

Post by birnie »

TheGoodDr wrote:There's no doubting the loyalty, passion and admiration that exists within this forum. But the reality is, the costs to produce music in a 'quality' format (CD and/or vinyl) is more than just a few $$$. He'll need to find a record label and a distributor willing to take the risk with him. And given his 'history' I'd suggest none would want to touch him with a barge pole. And any agreements signed or promises made would end up in court FOR SURE at some point!
Any comeback from VV is extremely unlikely in my opinion. His behaviour as of late (directed to his fans of all people) smacks of someone who is bitter with the world.
I would be guessing that he has a lot of spare time up his sleeve.
Shame he doesn't use that time to learn how to do all that stuff himself.
I get the impressiong Racer X did their stuff in a garage and Paul did most of the mixing.
Their stuff is top quality that's for sure!
VVWarrior82

Re: Can someone explain..?

Post by VVWarrior82 »

It's a damn shame what happened, it pissed me off enough to stay away from the boards for a good 8 months or so, just because I didn't have anything positive to say in regard to any of what happened. But, I still stand behind him as one of my favorites and hope maybe eventually there's some sort of archival stuff released, but I don't get why he keeps treating us like this. I mean hell, I've devoted alot of my adult life to defending the guy and being a fan.

-Greg
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Re:

Post by strangeways »

poserboy71 wrote:
We have the proof. Some of us have been threatened legally.
Dino has all the proof we need and has spoken DIRECTLY with Vinnie.

Wow!
Threatened legally?

That's no fun.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
poserboy71

Re: Re:

Post by poserboy71 »

strangeways wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:
We have the proof. Some of us have been threatened legally.
Dino has all the proof we need and has spoken DIRECTLY with Vinnie.

Wow!
Threatened legally?

That's no fun.
Honestly, It kinda was fun. We received a little truth from my harmless shenanigans.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

warmachine:D wrote:Okay, i'm a bit confused- why won't the other Vinnie forum let there be new members ? And he erased people from there ? And he thinks everyone over here is a traitor ? Can someone please explain some of this to me ? :P
Simple...cause he is a nut job...a head case...he is f**ked up, mentally. :lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Short timeline...
..on the old board...
People started getting kicked off for rediculous reasons, with no explanation.
Run like a dictatorship with everything censored.
They shut it down for a short while with no explanation..

People were confused, Gene made a new forum and we all jumped on.... and continued on.
Old site re-opens...
Vinnie bans everyone that joined the new forum, we were considered traitors...
Redonculous
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We would sneak back and get kicked out again until Vinnie finally shut the Doublev Forum down to new members.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

I find it sucks what he did. But I won't look back on it again.