Diane Cusano's passing final update

News and information from 2018 onwards
FISHEYEDFOOL

Diane Cusano's passing final update

Post by FISHEYEDFOOL »

I want to say this has been a very sad story from the beginning. as many of you know she did pass away on jan 13, 2014. I just spoke with the authorites and have a confirmed report that Mrs Cusano's death was determined my state medical examiner due to chronic alcoholism. no foul play or drugs/suicide/murder were involved. I want to clear the air and set the record straight. many people like to assume and talk about others on various websites. this I feel is a close net group of fans and friends that care about each other and the past, present and future of the artist known as Vinnie Vincent. by NO means is this post ment to be disrespectful. some people have different ways of dealing with problems, issues and just life in general. NONE of us are perfect nor will we ever be. Please let Mrs Cusano and her family rest in peace. my heart goes out to all who knew her and her parents.
FISHEYEDFOOL

Re: Diane Cusano's passing final update

Post by FISHEYEDFOOL »

alcoholism is a disease, I know this first hand because my father passed away from it on a cold jailhouse floor when I was 11 months old. this hits home with me hard.
n3p

Post by n3p »

Very sad news indeed, RIP Diane Cusano and condolences to Vinnie and family...
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is a very sad tale indeed.

My heart goes out to her family.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

As much is it may hurt, closure is a good thing!

Kick *ss upstairs Mrs.C!!!! R.I.P.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

RIP Diane!

Best wishes to the Kero Family
metatron

Post by metatron »

Very Sad. Much too young. Prayers for the Kero Family.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

:|

Post by 1031 »

:cry: coming up on 10 years of sobriety next week , I am very grateful I made it this far. And sad when I hear someone didn't.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think everyone should be very careful and respectful not to take this as fact. This is an opinion from autopsy not fact. No one will ever know fact unfortunately.
Bye Bye
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

I think everyone should be very careful and respectful not to take this as fact. This is an opinion from autopsy not fact. No one will ever know fact unfortunately.
I'm rather confused by this post. Are you insinuating that the results of an autopsy are merely someone's (be it professional) opinion? Why won't the fact ever been known? Autopsy results (coroners reports) are public record.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No I just am saying I wouldn't think an autopsy can 100% prove alcohol abuse. Not saying anything worse. Also yes we have some sort of unofficial explanation but it's not a published report. Also I will certainly say professional opinions from autopsy can be wrong look at the millions of times that doctors have a different opinion in these cases.
I think i am just saying it would be cool if people on other board don't start saying she was a drunk etc.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Autopsy reports in usa are no longer public record either. Not arguing just wanted to say room for error.
Bye Bye
vvjunkie

Post by vvjunkie »

My sister struggled with drug and alcohol most of her young and adult life which took a toll on her body. I lost her in 2010 at a young age of 41. It saddened me that diane had to pass away like this at an young age. My sister had bleeding ulser due to alcohol abuse that is what the corner report stated. My sister and I had bad child hood with a stepfather who molested us she turned to drugs and I battled with my weight. Like stated before we all have troubles most are worst then others we don't know the whole story just let her rest.

Vvjunkie :(
If you see me fallen and endless fall
If you hear me calling a never ending call
If you see me bleeding I'm losing control
If you see me dying I'm dying alone.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

When and if Mr kero feels upto it it would be fantastic to hear some stories and see pictures of past.
Diane was very well liked by all that met her. I know felix cavilere, Richie ranno, tom Palecki and a few others said she was very nice.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

doublev2 wrote:No I just am saying I wouldn't think an autopsy can 100% prove alcohol abuse. Not saying anything worse. Also yes we have some sort of unofficial explanation but it's not a published report. Also I will certainly say professional opinions from autopsy can be wrong look at the millions of times that doctors have a different opinion in these cases.
I think i am just saying it would be cool if people on other board don't start saying she was a drunk etc.
Long term alcohol abuse leaves very distinct health issues on organs. And alcoholics are masters at hiding their abuse. If an autopsy gave this as a cause of death I would except it.
She seemed to stand by him when no one else did. That alone no matter what other issues as a husband and wife they had, should have garnered some sort of outward respect by V towards her at the last.

But this seems just another day for one very strange person.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Alcohol abuse causes severe health problems in women a lot sooner than it does in men (studies prove this). Whilst the issues around why people turn to alcohol vary tremendously from person to person, it is truly tragic that Diane passed away at a relatively young age.

What, in my mind, is truly abhorrent (if in fact true) is Vinnie's no-show to his own wife's funeral. No matter the recent troubles that may have plagued their marriage at the end, there was a time when both were madly in love with one another.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

My mother had alcohol problems when I was growing up and it was so awful bring a kid with parent like that I vowed to not drink when kids are around which is always but it's not always easy. I think conditioning mind not to worry about things helped me but that's not easy either. . My problem is excess coffee abuse which does make me seem like i am on illegal drug at times. I really don't know the long term effect on health from coffee but i bet in amounts i drink it's not good. I keep getting pneumonia so maybe that's the case.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I feel bad that she wasn't able to break the cycle. I'm having to quit drinking all together with the help of an alcohol monitoring bracelet on my leg for the next three months. I'm beyond sick of falling into the same rut time after time so if this is what it takes for a lifestyle change I'm all for it.

As I've posted on here before I don't drink every day and can go long periods without alcohol even but there's always the times of over doing it that gets me in trouble. If I don't learn from this then I never will (fighting and all the other bullshit that can happen in bars after one too many). Facing a year in prison will sober you up quick.

And yes Dino, I'm a coffee addict also. I suppose too much of anything can't be good in the long run.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Pink wiz. You are inspirational. ny addiction is not simple and it just takes one moment to drop your guard and you can fall back into it.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Thanks man. Yep the mind of can addict sucks. I was doing good for two months in early 2012 then bam, my fukn 40th bday had to fuck it all up. ;)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I've never been drunk, never smoked a doob!!! Some might say I'm boring (I am!) but I'm happy!

I'm a cat funt though!!!! Nearly as bad I guess!

Best wishes to all who battle their demons!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

PinkWiz wrote:Yep the mind of can addict sucks. )
See... I can't even say "an" without spelling "can"...

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Andrew has an original jackson vv and he says he's boring. :D
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Trust me! Apart from my rhinestone undies, the VVV is the flashiest thing I own!
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:My mother had alcohol problems when I was growing up and it was so awful bring a kid with parent like that I vowed to not drink when kids are around which is always but it's not always easy. I think conditioning mind not to worry about things helped me but that's not easy either. . My problem is excess coffee abuse which does make me seem like i am on illegal drug at times. I really don't know the long term effect on health from coffee but i bet in amounts i drink it's not good. I keep getting pneumonia so maybe that's the case.
My mother's father struggled with alcoholism. Fortunately the next generation broke the cycle, and nobody else in my family has struggled with alcoholism. My grandfather lived a long life. He's 90 years old. It's a miracle he lived to 60. He nearly killed my mother in a drinking and driving accident, and gave her asthma from second hand smoke. I don't want to make my mother cry or cough like she does. Even though she is a strict disciplinarian, the effects of substance abuse on children keeps me away from it.

As a Libertarian, I think others should have the right to harm themselves, and not other people. John Stuart Mill is correct about liberty,“The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental or spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest.” Being a guardian of one's own health does not include depriving others of their health, which is the time society should intervene.

It's unfortunate that people don't take care of their bodies. I shouldn't drink coffee either. It won't put me in an iron lung or give me wet brain. Coffee is not good for my body. I can't judge, either.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I heard that the darker the roast the less healthy as the burnt part is quite bad for you.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Better then drinking the possum poo flavoured coffee from Indonesia I'd say!!! Blah! :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

I'll stick with Starbucks. :lol: "It (civet coffee) tastes like Folgers."In a way, that makes sense.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

[youtube][/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Has anyone heard or have the recording of Paul's scream for a Honda Automobile commercial from about 10 years ago ???
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think he did a lot in 1987 like buisquick and something else.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

"The best part of waking up" is for morning people. I'm literally going to drag my ass to school fueled on a pot of coffee and try not to mentally drift off. I went on an Excel spree involving numerous cups of coffee, two nights in a row. :lol: These are my weekend warrior confessions. :lol: :lol: I can't stop beveling the edges of a pie chart and adding texture to the slices...maybe a marble back wall...whoo yeah.

[youtube][/youtube]
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

:lol: If Paul Stanley can sell Midol, then I will be impressed. :lol:
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

Great video!
crossroads

Post by crossroads »

VV, may the Lord G-d of heaven & earth bless you & your family at this difficult moment.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Amen.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Just to confirm. Diane was V's ex wife. They divorced well over a year before her death which explains why vv didn't go to funeral. Official divorce in summer 2012. Diane got back house and vv owns front house and still resides in it. I guess fans may buy Diane's house soon.
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

This is very sad news and the first I've heard of her passing :(