Mark Slaughter Talks In Depth About Vinnie Vincent, Early Sl

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Re: Mark Slaughter Talks In Depth About Vinnie Vincent, Earl

Post by doublev2 »

Very good. Mark is correct. Vv needs to keep making records and not thinking of old ones all the time.
New music new music new mudic!
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Even gfh is old. Why is vv not writing and recording. Other than some secret stuff he tries tonsell via his lawyer in nashville it seems he has not wriiten a song of note since 1990.. WHY!!!!!!
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fantastic interview. So cool the interviewer is a fan as well.

This is the sort of thing Vinnie would censor and not allow if he was running a Forum still.

He does live in the past, big time. Too bad he couldn't look forward anymore and just focused his anger and hate on the past.

Mark was really nice in that interview, if only Vinnie could find the decent human spirit to be the same, towards Mark and his fans.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I interviewed mark in 2007 and he said nothing but great things about vv. Infact he wanted to meet with him
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

THIS:

LRI: Vinnie….if you are reading this…myself and many other people are going to buy your next release on iTunes, just put it out….

Mark: Yeah, I look forward to his next record. I look forward to him making more new music, I mean even if he were to turn around and make a country album or a jazz ensemble record it would be great. I’m telling you, the guy is one of the most brilliant guitar players I have ever worked with, it’s just that he has to commit to whatever it is he’s going to commit to doing as an artist or have a producer whose job it is to say “Ok, that’s good enough” and see it to the finish line. Like that record he had, I had heard he had completed a full record for Enigma and then just decided it was garbage and recorded over the entire thing. I mean, he’s just too hard on himself as an artist. Would Amadeus have ever stopped composing if he would have been able to just keep endlessly revising? I don’t know and I think that some of that same artist way of thinking is what’s probably going on with Vinnie.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Maybe Mark has read the VVFF before BECAUSE that is EXACTLY what a lot of us have been saying for MANY years !!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: 8) 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

It has already been said but if a gentleman such as Mark Slaughter can extend the olive branch like that after being truly shit on all Cusano needs to do is reach out and take it. Many here have offered the same - no apologies needed at this point, just come back, treat people right and honestly while not being a dick.

While he punishes us he really hurts himself and his legacy the most. It pains me to think of the guitar icon who he could have and should have been rather than a fringe infamous legend. Cusano's best work has only been heard as secondary quality bootlegs, what a shame and think of all the cash that his stubborness has cost him.