Cheap VV Guitars - Lawsuit coming ?

News and information from 2018 onwards
Slayer

Re: Cheap VV Guitars - Lawsuit coming ?

Post by Slayer »

So who is going to buy one?
I doubt that Vinnie could do anything to stop this if this is coming from China.

It might be an ok starting point for someone as long as they understand that they are going to have to replace the bridge, replace the pick ups and level and dress the frets. Probably depending on ones tastes they are going to need to spend an additional $500 in parts and labor to dial this in unless they have really good luthier skills themselves which most of us don't.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah he can not do anything. He doesnt have patent anyway. Patent would have expired evenbif he got one in 86 which I doubt he did. All he owns is tm which is a logo. He is spending fortunes on something that dorsnt do a thing for him. Either he is being mislead by that chicago tm lawyer or he knows and just hope he is fooling someone who doesn't understand patent law.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie is all about owning things that people can not have. Its one reason he is like he is. Its also why he doesnt put out gfh he wants to have something people can not have.. a tm is a total waste of money in regard to guitar. Yes the vvi logo is worth while so no one can use it but the guitar is useless. Anyone cam legally make the double v guitar . I am sure vv will have a lawyer send a threatening letter but its 100% legal to make guitar and in china they can do what they want anyway.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That place has been around for a while. All Chinese built. You can visit www.tradetang.com, search for Vinnie Vincent and the Ed Roman "black abortion" VVV comes up for sale.

Some of their "Les Pauls" look pretty good...... good for stage smashing I guess! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

..... actually I am considering one .. I have had lots of pics sent of the build process to date and looks ok so far .. waiting to see the finished version before I decide .. the thru neck option and ebony board are not expensive additions to the cost .. the one they are building for someone right now has a set neck I think
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Teej please keep us posted. Thanks
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, if you go through with it, tell us all about it.

I would go neck thru, but set neck is cool too.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Teej can I ask why you are not going to buy from tj monster? I am sure he would give you a good deal with all your support over the years.
Bye Bye
teej

Post by teej »

Quite simply he doesn't like making them ..

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

oh yeah. i kind of noticed that. hehe. Maybe a 7 year old making it in china likes it better.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ok i agree that was too far. Even for me.
Bye Bye
teej

Post by teej »

... Yawn ......

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

You got me yawning now. Contagious.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Man that kid's got a set of nostrils!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(