How did it come to this?

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

How did it come to this?

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie...where did you go wrong?

Firstly, it seems you made a lot of assumptions about your fans which turned out to be incorrect. We do like you, and therefore we like to know about you. If you find this creepy then you should have made a statement long ago that you wanted no fans and there would never be any more music available. We would have celebrated what we had and moved on. Instead there has always been hope you would return with something, anything for us to listen to.

Secondly, your interaction with your most loyal fans has been less than stellar. After being handed an already running message board your first actions were to censor us, which we accepted, in the face of upcoming news.

Thirdly, the news. It never came. We waited in the dark. Myself I checked the board all the time for an announcement, until last Saturday I realised there had been no posts due to locks being put on all Forum topics. What has been mentioned here elsewhere is that once everything was ready to go in the background, then you should have popped the info on a surprised and ready fanbase.

Fourth, instead of coming clean and sorting this mess out you post on here and insult us and everything just gets worse and worse. It’s never too late to fix this, but sooner would be better than later. Get in touch with us here, lets sort this out.

After the board was locked any number of Vinnie message boards could have popped up, and they still can. Even if you never locked the DoubleV forum, keep running it in a bad way and people will go elsewhere and start their own. Every person in the limelight has these same issues. How they deal with them is the key. The fact that someone wants to set up a place to talk about you is amazing. There are no boards dedicated to me, and if there were I can’t see there being much traffic.

Vic
Last edited by Genebaby on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teej

Post by teej »

well thanx to you Vic we have here to live the insanity .. cheers man
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

What a clusterf*ck!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I don't think the other board would have worked in the format that Vinnie seems to require. We give him all our personal info and are only allowed to speak on certain topics.

The world just doesn't work like that, people don't work like that.

Free speech means a lot and out of necessity people would go somewhere else and his board would not be the best place to discuss Vinnie, which it truly could have, what with the man himself there.
metatron

Post by metatron »

:D Vic, I could have said it better. Shit man, would have been jumping out of my skin if someone had gone to the trouble of setting a 'Pink Champage(band i was in)' Forum. Vinnie should count his lucky stars that people have been so loyal to him for so, so long. I feel that I just don't speak for my self, but for everyone on this Forum when I say, that you Vic, have done stella job with this site & had made it a place where everyone is warmly welcomed to reflect there thoughts & feels without the feeling of intimidation. 3 cheers for Vic :!: :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thank you very much! :o

Now it's time for us to fill this board with all the Vinnie info and knowledge we have.

Things will have hopefully calmed down now.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Noticed that one of the songs on what was going to be Guitarmageddon is titled, 'Cockteazer'. (http://www.kissfaq.com/krr/vinnievincen ... eddon.html) . Well, being a teaze is all well & good for a while & then you just becomes an annoyance. Nothing worse than for one, to be walking around with blue balls. Should learn to put out once & a while. Do yourself a favour, you'll love the money. Take it from $immon$. He'll tell you, being a $lut is so much more financially rewarding.

Suck my will, swallow me whole
http://www.actionext.com/names_v/vinnie ... ictim.html
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think we should all spring for a new bed for Vinnie being that it seems that he is getting up on the WRONG side of it every day.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Like I told v all along he just needs a website he can just put info on. The forum appeals to him as he can do it on his own. He will never do a website as he would need help. But Vic is correct you can not force people to say what you want them to say. Its basically propaganda on that board now.
He should stop that forum now as we all know he is going to make many more big mistakes. Much bigger than he already has.