Peter Criss' "Makeup To Breakup"

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Re: Peter Criss' "Makeup To Breakup"

Post by doublev2 »

Lots of liu and creatures stuff carried over as well.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I bought the import DVD. Disappointing sound and quality.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

erg2 wrote:I bought the import DVD. Disappointing sound and quality.
That's what you get for getting a bootleg. That one wasn't an official release.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

erg2 wrote: Why they didn't do ALIVE 3 after Asylum still puzzles me. They had three to four moderately successful albums of new material. Pad that with a couple of new studio tracks and a couple classics...bammo. But no, we never get a proper Eric Carr live album.
Probably because for the most part the songs from Animalize, Asylum and every Crazy Nights weren't holding up in concert.

http://www.kissfaq.com/tourdates/set_lists.html

For the US shows--you'd be lucky to have 2 songs make it through the tour from each new album.

And they screwed up Alive III when they did it. It shouldn't have had any classic songs on it.

Now had Vinnie stayed they could have:

Creatures Of The Night
I Love It Loud
War Machine
I Still Love You

Fits Like A Glove
Exciter
Gimme More
Young And Wasted
Lick It Up
All Hell's Breakin' Loose

All it would have taken is for him to stay for Animalize and they would have had enough songs (15) to put out ALIVE III with those songs and 5 from Animalize. Would have been a hell of a live album.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That would have been a "Killer" live album!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Brainsaw wrote:
Well, shithead, I had already purchased the official VHS copy twice and burned through both. I still want to enjoy the concert but it wasn't available. Seeing as I had officially paid the band twice, I did not feel bad about buying a bootleg.

But I guess, as usual...as you ALWAYS are...you are right. I got what I deserved for buying an unofficial bootleg.

What a complete and utter jagoff.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

erg2 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:
Well, shithead, I had already purchased the official VHS copy twice and burned through both. I still want to enjoy the concert but it wasn't available. Seeing as I had officially paid the band twice, I did not feel bad about buying a bootleg.
You're the jackoff complaining about the sound and quality. What do you expect from a bootleg? You didn't say, I bought the bootleg import DVD. Some people may think it was officially released on DVD.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Might cheese some off but, I find LIU and Love it Loud as boring as all hell! And All Hells didn't work for me live!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Liu is boring because over played. I love it loud i still love. I dont believe vv had much to do with all hells breakin loose and i think it was a great live tune . Gimme more does nothing for me. The rest I like.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Brainsaw wrote:
erg2 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:
You're the jackoff complaining about the sound and quality. What do you expect from a bootleg? You didn't say, I bought the bootleg import DVD. Some people may think it was officially released on DVD.
Yeah. Of all the people on this board, I'M the jackoff.

"Derrr. Hay uhhhverrrybody. Vinny Vuncent wer a really popler rok star and uhhhverrrybody lurvedd his moozik! I red it in Medal edje magzine! Derrr!"

What a jagoff.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm upset that I'M not considered the Jagoff of the VVFF because I feel that I'm "EVERYMAN"... AND EVERY WOMAN .

[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

You want to be the undisputed sex symbol AND the jagoff?

Well, you need to start spouting unsupported statistics and making outrageous claims that Vinnie Vincent was the most popular rock star of the 80s before you can be the latter.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

dramatic_prarie_dog_blog.jpg
dramatic_prarie_dog_blog.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 7671 times
DRAMA DRAMA EVERYWHERE!
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

I was assumed to be Vinnie as well at one point.

I'll say it again...commercial value or not...Vinnie wrote better songs for them then gene and paul did individually / together in their entire career. Gene and Paul wish they had the talent Vinnie does. No matter how much money you earn, it still won't buy you the internal gift of natural talent.

My money is on Vinnie smokin' Gene or Paul on guitar / bass in a Crossroads Showdown. genie and paulie would leave the club shittin' their Depends undergarments and handing over their souls!!!

Enough said,

Happy Holidays...
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I believe that everyone agrees with you Eddie... :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Agreed. That argument could be made to dispute Ass Pimples statement that Bruce has no good music.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Brainsaw, your fantasy of Alive III (as well as mine) could've been reality had Vinnie stuck around. He didn't so move on.
Last edited by PinkWiz on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Also Rick., what's with the random pics? Are they pics u are taking discreetly?
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

PinkWiz wrote:Brainsaw, your fantasy of Alive III (as well as mine) could've been reality had Vinnie stuck around. He didn't so move on.
Move on to what? If you don't like a thread, Ignore it. Nobody is forcing you to read anything.

If someone wanted to cut your salary in 1/2, get most of your royalties for a song, sign you up to a long term bad deal.

Why don't you go back and find all the times Peter Criss was claiming in magazines that he and Vinnie were writing together. Peter was desperate for a while to latch on to any KISS member...

But back to ALIVE III....as Vinnie made clear:
Boyz Are Gonna Rock
No Substitute
Animal
Twisted
Do You Wanna Make Love

were intended for Animalize.

Ironic that the name of the album was ANIMALIZE and a song by Vinnie intended for that album was called Animal. Coincidence?? I think not.

But add those 5 songs to the other songs that were staples on the COTN and LIU tours and you've got enough for ALIVE III.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Like Rick said, it is hard to make any sense of you when you won't introduce yourself. I don't get the hard facts you are trying to get across like u are arguing with your worst enemies? It makes no fukn sense!!! We are all VV fans whether the motherfucker sold 2 albums or 2000,000,000 albums!!! Why are u trying to prove a point with people who are already diehard VV fans???
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

+ 1 Billion, Trillion, Million, Zillion.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

PinkWiz wrote:Like Rick said, it is hard to make any sense of you when you won't introduce yourself. I don't get the hard facts you are trying to get across like u are arguing with your worst enemies? It makes no fukn sense!!! We are all VV fans whether the motherfucker sold 2 albums or 2000,000,000 albums!!! Why are u trying to prove a point with people who are already diehard VV fans???

You mean the ones who are usually trashing him on a daily basis around here?

What kind of point do people have around here arguing with the facts? Why argue what they remember as kids?

Its laughable its come to this. All started with just a passing comment about sales and then the blows up and the false claims about no radio play, hardly any magazine coverage, this that. All shot down with facts. Yet, people are still arguing. Why? Because Wikepida said something? My goodness.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Until u can prove who you are and quit being a maniac with these useless stats then I will just assume you are a troll like the others here already have...
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

PinkWiz wrote:Until u can prove who you are and quit being a maniac with these useless stats then I will just assume you are a troll like the others here already have...
Golly that hurts! Coming from such a big fan like yourself. I mean, you've had to take time away from your Vinnie bashing to get made about seeing some sales stats that of course you don't like. They make VInnie look good.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Ha! I've never even disputed these stats! I'm not as "stat-worthy" as most here as far as record sales go and could give two shits if Vinnie sold two records or a million records!

Haha "Vinnie bashing?" I just got home from "bar hopping" and was proudly displaying my Vinnie Vincent Ankh Warrior T-shirt (two people thought it was Marilyn Manson). Although no one knew who Vinnie was suprisingly a couple people knew it was KISS. Far from "Vinnie bashing."

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Not vv bashing. We love vv but state facts not bashing. You like to make up history. Your stats change by the way.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah, I hate him so much that I bought one of his Jackson designed guitars last July! And I know how painful it was for the former owner and member here, to sell it!

Like everyone else here, I love Vinnie Vincent and the music he made. Like everyone else, I wish Vincent Cusano would let Vinnie Vincent come out and play! Like everyone else, I'd love it if Vinnie proved all of us wrong on our educated guesses and assumptions. Like everyone else, I'd love it if Vinnie actually got to take a bite out of G & P!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

ditto shramiac (& his big breasted avatar) :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Some of us MAY bash the man, but none of us bash the music.
None of which changes the fact that VVI was lackluster selling artist that the general, metal-record buying public did not drop their cash on OR even know who they were.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:Yeah, I hate him so much that I bought one of his Jackson designed guitars last July! And I know how painful it was for the former owner and member here, to sell it!

Like everyone else here, I love Vinnie Vincent and the music he made. Like everyone else, I wish Vincent Cusano would let Vinnie Vincent come out and play! Like everyone else, I'd love it if Vinnie proved all of us wrong on our educated guesses and assumptions. Like everyone else, I'd love it if Vinnie actually got to take a bite out of G & P!!
ImageImageImageImage

NEWBEGINNINGS
beano

Post by beano »

Brainsaw wrote:
PinkWiz wrote:Until u can prove who you are and quit being a maniac with these useless stats then I will just assume you are a troll like the others here already have...
Golly that hurts! Coming from such a big fan like yourself. I mean, you've had to take time away from your Vinnie bashing to get made about seeing some sales stats that of course you don't like. They make VInnie look good.
I'm sick of reading your @$$h0Le bull$h1T......get the f*** out of here man. ever since you've started posting here none of it has made any logical sense, and with NO EVIDENCE to back up your BS.

Leave.

Just go.
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

She is just saying what she thinks vv wants to hear. She sleped in the library, walmart and a church near vvs house while exploring his house all the time. She feels she has a spiritual connection to vv and is at one with him which in my eyes is very dangerous to vinnie.. but thats upto vv to decide .
Bye Bye
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

beano wrote:
I'm sick of reading your @$$h0Le bull$h1T......get the f*** out of here man. ever since you've started posting here none of it has made any logical sense, and with NO EVIDENCE to back up your BS.

Leave.

Just go.

Thanks for the love. Odd you wouldn't say any evidence to back it up when that's all there's been.

Granted, I know some are freaking out because their "memories" were shot and they got exposed for all their baseless claims and flat out falsehoods.

Also, thanks for the nice welcome! Kulick fan perhaps?
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:She is just saying what she thinks vv wants to hear. She sleped in the library, walmart and a church near vvs house while exploring his house all the time. She feels she has a spiritual connection to vv and is at one with him which in my eyes is very dangerous to vinnie.. but thats upto vv to decide .
Pow.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I was on the phone with a VVFF forum member that was IN the Smyrna Wal Mart as she texted me.
He saw her and described her to a "T"... ... or should I say, to an "A".
T-N-A !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

If ya missed Peter on Eddie Trunk's show:

[youtube][/youtube]
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

I'm on Chapter 10 and so far, it's been amazing ride so far.
I don't find Peter to be whinny at all...instead, very truthful and is extremely hard, even on himself.
He dishes it out about everyone...Everyone in the band, many of those associated directly with band members, management, security, finance, producers, road crew etc.

It's a great read and sheds some light on genie and paulie....me likey.

I'm surprised Peter was allowed to use a pic of himself in KISS makeup...I'm surprised genie allowed him.

I believe what Peter is saying in this book, and it has a more rock 'n roll feel to the read than gene's crappy fuckin' books. gene is so full of himself that he edited his own first book...it was full of errors in grammer and repeated a few 'big' words over and over again...fuckin' pathetic his ego...
So far, no errors in Peter's book...but then again, Peter doesn't claim to be an editor, doctor, guru, public speaking motivator and um, alchemist (I'm exaggerating about gene's ego but you get the point).
Peter makes me feel alive about the days of makeup for the band, he brings you back to those feelings you felt about the band as a kid...gene never did that in his writings.

You guys give gene and paul way too much credit here in this forum...

Way to go Peter...
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Eddie you are so funny.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

He is?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

eddiepagechicago wrote:I'm on Chapter 10 and so far, it's been amazing ride so far.
I don't find Peter to be whinny at all...instead, very truthful and is extremely hard, even on himself.
He dishes it out about everyone...Everyone in the band, many of those associated directly with band members, management, security, finance, producers, road crew etc.

It's a great read and sheds some light on genie and paulie....me likey.

I'm surprised Peter was allowed to use a pic of himself in KISS makeup...I'm surprised genie allowed him.

I believe what Peter is saying in this book, and it has a more rock 'n roll feel to the read than gene's crappy fuckin' books. gene is so full of himself that he edited his own first book...it was full of errors in grammer and repeated a few 'big' words over and over again...fuckin' pathetic his ego...
So far, no errors in Peter's book...but then again, Peter doesn't claim to be an editor, doctor, guru, public speaking motivator and um, alchemist (I'm exaggerating about gene's ego but you get the point).
Peter makes me feel alive about the days of makeup for the band, he brings you back to those feelings you felt about the band as a kid...gene never did that in his writings.

You guys give gene and paul way too much credit here in this forum...

Way to go Peter...

I'm sure you will really think even less of G&P when you finish.... after seeing how Peter and Ace were treated, lied to, ripped off etc....

Every KISS fan should read Makeup To Breakup.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What about how ace treated john reagan and some others. I have no issue with paul and gene but I wish they never hired tommy.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

John Regan is a true gentleman.

NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

it seems that Ace and john Della Chiesa(Regan) did patch up the issues.

If what i did read somewhere is true,Peter was part of the symphony mainly because the contract requested at least three original members and when Ace did turn the offer down-or simply didn't answer to their calls- they had no choice.

One of the forumites at the Kissfaq.com-who has worked with the band many times-also stated that Paul during theur last tour together,had enough of Peter's behaviour and lack of skills,so he was the one pushing to have another drummer on the next tour.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

ankh wrote:
One of the forumites at the Kissfaq.com-who has worked with the band many times-also stated that Paul during theur last tour together,had enough of Peter's behaviour and lack of skills,so he was the one pushing to have another drummer on the next tour.
What's funny is that Peter was really kicking ass on that Aerosmith tour. His chops were very good.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Santa brought me the Peter Criss Book for Christmas so I started reading it last night too. I must say so far that it's entertaining :-)
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I loved Peter's book. You just have to keep in mind that it's the truth "from HIS perspective". I think it probably has more truth/reality than Ace's book or either of Gene's propaganda pieces.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I think we will need to wait for Paul's book...then it's a matter of trying to find the commonalities between all the different autobiographies on KISS in the world.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I think Paul is just too private and afraid he would shatter the illusion he thinks people have of him if he writes a book.
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

Its Gene and Pauls band and they can do anything they want with it.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

PinkWiz wrote:I think Paul is just too private and afraid he would shatter the illusion he thinks people have of him if he writes a book.
Paul has announced that he is indeed writing HIS book to be released "next year". Announced it on the Sixx Sense podcast about a month back.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

A Paul book? Madness!!!!!

Is there a title? My life as a prima donna springs to mind......