Closing of Doublev Forum and no new music; we are to blame

News and information from 2018 onwards
Batman

Closing of Doublev Forum and no new music; we are to blame

Post by Batman »

ALL UPCOMING EVENTS ARE CANCELLED
DUE THE LEGALLY ACTIONABLE CONDUCT OF A CERTAIN NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS, A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE TO CANCEL ALL UPCOMING PLANS AND EVENTS. THE CONTINUOUS PERPETUATION OF A HOSTILE AND NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT, DECIDEDLY CREATED BY THESE CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS, IS SIMPLY NOT CONDUSIVE TO THE CREATION OF MUSIC NOR ANY RELATED CATEGORIES. IT IS THESE INDIVIDUALS WHO SHOULD TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS DECISION.

FURTHER, ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO CAUSE HARM OR INJURY, IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER, TO THE NAME OR PERSON KNOWN AS VINNIE VINCENT OR ANY INDIVIDUAL RELATED THERETO,INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO; PHYSICAL HARM, DEFAMATION, SLANDER OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, WHETHER THROUGH THE USE OF A COMPUTER BY PUBLIC DISSEMINATION, PUBLICATION, INTERNET, PRINT, OR BY ANY PRIVATE OR MEDIA OUTLET, INCLUDING ANY FORUMS, FACEBOOKS, MYSPACE, TWITTER, MESSAGE BOARDS, INFINITUM, WILL BE MET WITH LEGAL ACTION AND PROSECUTED TO THE
FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.

WHY THE BOARD HAS BEEN LOCKED
THE FORMER MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM, WHO WAS ALSO A MEMBER, WAS TERMINATED AND DELETED FROM THIS FORUM FOR MISCONDUCT.
Unfortunately, upon learning of the "former" Moderator's direspectful, uncalled for, bitter and vindictive false and slanderous remarks "post" termination, it was necessary to modify the original "saving face" language, to a more factual description using the word "misconduct" to explain why termination was necessary. Spyder

THE DOUBLEV FORUM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY NEW MEMBERS. ALL REGISTRANTS WILL BE DELETED.
teej

Post by teej »

Vinnie Vincent .. your a fucking nut-case ... sue me!
Batman

Post by Batman »

at least we can still appreciate the old music and unreleased that is available.
And we do have this board : D
doublev

Post by doublev »

Sue your fans. That's a new one. I see the headlines now. most of us are overseas so good luck. facts are facts, proof is proof. Making music would have been the coolest thing, not fighting with fans . I hope Chris, Eric spyder and Suzie g sues one of us too, even I would enjoy meeting them. Lol
speak with music not courts. make fans jaws drop with music. That's what I say. People forget if you blow them away. Blaming fans for not releasing fans is a failure of the fans or the musician. I wonder.
lerxstcat

Post by lerxstcat »

teej wrote:Vinnie Vincent .. your a fucking nut-case ... sue me!
The truth is an absolute defense against a libel suit. I bet there's a rubber room or two in VV's past. He's apparently an agoraphobic, narcissist and also a sadist in the way he abuses his fanbase.

I wonder if I set him off? Sorry guys, I don't walk on eggshells, and neither should you. The guy owes his fans some respect and tantrums like this are bullshit. If he wants to completely drift into oblivion... let him.

If he wants to put out some music and actually deliver it when it's paid for, that'd be an awesome step in the right direction.

His fans have waited for him for far longer than he was ever actually a force in rock music. Commendable, but also enabling.

And he was a great player, but it's not like guys like Paul Gilbert don't mop the floor with him. Jeff Loomis would annihilate him in 30 seconds.

So get real, Vinnie. The world has passed you by and if you spent the energy thinking everyone's out to get you just producing some new music, putting a band together and hitting the road, you could still have great success. But the be-all, end-all, you are not.

Consolidate your feces, Cusano...
teej

Post by teej »

you know the sad thing is .. even though I have said many things in the past .. I never really would have said that till now .. the whole episode unfolding is just utter insanity .. is he actually still sane ? It seems not .. I have been a fan of his since I was a kid but he is acting like a mental patient ..
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Unbelievable, totally wrong and a big mistake. Vinnie is an individual that had he not been a mental basket case could have earned he and his wife millions of dollars over the last 20 years but now he likely won't even be able to cover the legal fees that are court ordered his responsibilities. This is a sad and total waste of a GOD given talent but when it comes down to it is Vinnie's talent to waste.

Totally disappointed with this lunacy but totally committed to this board as the only true Vinnie Vincent Music Fan Page.

"Vinnie is a guy that you could hand the keys to the kingdom to and he would through them back in your face" "He is a very talented musician but probably the most destructive personality that I have ever met" - Gene Simmons
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

It sounds to me like he announced all these new projects, thinking once again that he'd have his day in court with Gene & Paul...once that didn't happen and the judge ruled against him AGAIN is when it seems all this shit hit the fan.

I guess it's easier to blame the fans than to pay your debts or to actually get your ass to a recording studio and produce something of value.

As Batman said, we have the old music and lots of unreleased material that has floated in fan circles for years. Yeah, I'd love to have a mint copy of Guitars From Hell or the Warrior demos...but not if I have to put up with these needless rants from VV.

You know Bruce and Tommy regularly interact with fans online...Ripper Owens is very verbal on Facebook. David Reece sent me a nice note though MySpace. And what does VV give us? A big middle finger for keeping his name alive in the internet age.
BearFan

Post by BearFan »

Wow, I have never seen anything like this, he really needs some help.
Zinnie Zincent

Post by Zinnie Zincent »

I signed up a few hours ago and it's been canned already. Keep signing up so he will be kept busy deleting accounts :lol:
VVV

Re: lawyers

Post by VVV »

:arrow:
Last edited by VVV on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Detroit

Re: lawyers

Post by Detroit »

VVV wrote:First off, the threatening posture and legal ease he's crafted is amateurish at best on what was Dino's well-run site. Secondly, trying to stave off bankruptcy, I find it highly unlikely he can afford to have an attorney represent him, let alone retain one. After having read the NY Times story today (google it) he might be eating ramen and kool aid for the next 10 years?
Couldn't find the story from NY Times. Can you help?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We aren't to blame guys. Think about it, someone says something a celebrity doesn't like and they close up shop? There would never be any new music or movies or books.

Heck, if the internet was around in 84 then Metallica's last album would have been Ride The Lightning because there would have been heaps of negative vibes when they put a "ballad" on their album. They got bagged anyhow by fans and what did they do? Put out Master Of Puppets, another masterpiece.

I just said it in the What's Happening With Vinnie thread but if everything is canceled then Vinnie suffers just like us. We get no music or guitar, he gets no money.

With Paul and Gene looking to sell his rights to the LIU album there's an income stream gone. A perfect time to start a new one with the upcoming music.

It just needs to be done right the first time.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

what NYTimes article ?
VVV

VV

Post by VVV »

:arrow:
Last edited by VVV on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Couldn't be found for comment! What's new! Signed up on DV yesterday, took some screen shots to remember it by, locked out again today!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

forum

Post by doublev »

i got to say that the host of the doublev forum seems to have gone awol. i feel like the forum is running with out anyone. the board will automatically close if very few posts are made over a period of time, but i believe there is a good chance that forumco are not even operating at the moment.

funny enough the board may have closed soon even if we didn't want it to.

btw one of the long term members and good friend did the vv image at the top right hand side. not sure if he wants to own up or not just yet.
doublev

Post by doublev »

if vinnie wants the board to go away its simple, not sure why he is not doing it.
v-- you can go to admin page and go in and reset board values, this will take off everything and you can stop people registering also. you should remove the titles of the board so people would not even know its a vv tribute.

of course try to contact forumco but that may not work if no one is working there.

Also to let you know my email is on the board contacts. i am getting emails designed for you, so you can remove that also if you want.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Man, doublev.forumco.com wants your First name, Surname, City, State, Country, Birth Date, Gender & Occupation. (Why don't u just get a genetic sample from me while your @ it) And at the same him it states in Privacy Statement for Double V, 'Neither the Administrators of these forums, or the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information' :shock: It shouldn't be call doublev, should be called double standards. :idea: What, you put private information up there, with no protection & then identity theft is the users problem. Or they on sell of the information to a marketing bureau & you'll get shit in your mailbox forever. F**K THAT :!: , You know what, it's below me (get it blow me :!: ) :evil:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

metatron wrote:Man, doublev.forumco.com wants your First name, Surname, City, State, Country, Birth Date, Gender & Occupation. (Why don't u just get a genetic sample from me while your @ it) And at the same him it states in Privacy Statement for Double V, 'Neither the Administrators of these forums, or the Moderators participating, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information' :shock: It shouldn't be call doublev, should be called double standards. :idea: What, you put private information up there, with no protection & then identity theft is the users problem. Or they on sell of the information to a marketing bureau & you'll get shit in your mailbox forever. F**K THAT :!: , You know what, it's below me (get it blow me :!: ) :evil:
This issue is quite funny because Vinnie wants everyone to sign up with full disclosure but that Privacy Statement is a just a standard ForumCo statement as the board is in the public domain, which flies in the face of the information Vinnie wants to have.

You'd be crazy to register on a board with your full address details, and I don't even think there's a place for them in the registration page as it's not normally requested, so I'm not sure how that was going to happen.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: forum

Post by Genebaby »

doublev wrote:i got to say that the host of the doublev forum seems to have gone awol. i feel like the forum is running with out anyone. the board will automatically close if very few posts are made over a period of time, but i believe there is a good chance that forumco are not even operating at the moment.

funny enough the board may have closed soon even if we didn't want it to.

btw one of the long term members and good friend did the vv image at the top right hand side. not sure if he wants to own up or not just yet.
I have been wondering about that logo Dino. As you were the one to set the board up it uses your email and that logo as examples in the How To sections of that board. I figure you must own the Imageshack account it's hosted on?

It's a cool logo and worked really well on that board.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Genebaby wrote: I don't even think there's a place for them in the registration page as it's not normally requested, so I'm not sure how that was going to happen.

There isn't ... :P
zandrews39

Post by zandrews39 »

WELL. Vinnie(if it is you tht keeps fucking w/ us) Do you really NOT want ANY fans? Beacause thats whts gonna happen! I know you must be getting some sort of royaltys from your music on iTunes. I mean really!! What the fuck is going on. Are you a fuking fruit bag or what? Its not our fault that you keep loseing all your cases. If that is whats going on? ANd if your reading this GO FUCK YOURSELF!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

If that is true that he filed bankruptcy 3 times in 3 years, make sure you watch any deposit in the future. That seems wild. I think court cases are ruining him.
He wsnts you to sign with your reel name so he can sue you if you say the wrong thing. Totally dillusional to do this.
zandrews39

Post by zandrews39 »

Maybe this is just a big scam to get money. Think about it....you send him money for a guitar, no guitar.....he freakin scams his own fans!!!!
zandrews39

Post by zandrews39 »

And i just wanna know one think. Why arent u in a freakin insane asilume, YOu FUCKING NUT CASE
lerxstcat

Post by lerxstcat »

I think he moved to Nashville to write country music for other artists. He's done this throughout his career and he wouldn't necessarily have to interact IRL that much if he had connections. It's a job he's proven he could do since he was on the Happy Days show writing staff.

So I hope that he has a decent income from that - but he needs to quit filing frivolous lawsuits. The last one, he fired his lawyer, representing himself. I will bet that's because his lawyer gave him sound advice not to pursue it and he decided to disregard that.

Now the judge has told him that it ain't gonna fly, and he faces losing the copyrights Gene and Paul want to sell.

I guess my thought is that the $81,000 must hit him hard, but at the same time he must have more than that as his income. Otherwise how could he afford to remain a recluse?

It's a shame, to waste all that talent because of paranoia.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was thinking that if he is writing songs somewhere then what name is it under? V Vincent or V Cusano? Somebody would have noticed the writing credit?

There must be some money somewhere but how does that tie in with filing bankruptcy again and again?

Everything on the old board REALLY turned to crap when the judge ruled against him last week, not that it wasn't strange a bit before that, maybe he knew it might be a bad outcome.

Either way, no music means we all suffer. I don't understand the part in his message about the negativity not being condusive to the creation of music. Wasn't he releasing the masters of Guitars From Hell/Guitarmageddon?

He's already done the creative part on those. No need to find a word that rhymes with "baby" while keeping visions of Gene and Paul selling your LIU rights out of your head.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Rumblefish,
When you connected with Vinnie and his people regarding the guitar didn't you come across Diane? Did you ever know or hear if Diane worked back then?

I spoke with her on the phone one time back in the late 1997 regarding the Vinnie Vincent Archives. I had come across a phone number for what was listed as Metaluna Records. At this point in time or maybe even always it may have been there home phone number. She was real curious or even a bit paranoid about how I got that phone number. I was cool to her and after a short period of time she relaxed and told me that Vinnie had some set backs and some problems with the box packaging for the Archives but that the problems would be remedied soon. She also confirmed at that time that Guitarmaggeddon had been recorded and that he was putting the final touches on the mixing. I had just moved so I gave her my new address to ship the Archives to and that was it. Once she felt comfortable that I wasn't going to be hostile or threaten her or Vinnie she was very nice. The conversation as I recall lasted around 5 minutes.
Maybe they live on Diane's Money?
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Rumblefish won't be able to answer that question but I will tell you that you are pretty on in your assessment and I would advise EVERYONE on this forum to not bring Diane into this conversation.

I know hyou didn't mean anything by it but trust me on this.
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Wiz Kid,
Thank you! When you publish your story please let me know because I for one can't wait to read it! No one here wishes any harm to the Cusano's but after 16 years of paying for the Archives and never opening my mailbox and seeing it in there I would enjoying at least hearing the truth at some point in time. After this length of time and $125 dollars each the fans may be entitled to something. If the words won't come from Vinnie then I will be happy for the truth to come from another source.

Respectfully
doublev

Post by doublev »

This is a guess but I don't think there is any new music being made, country or rock. why some one would not want their music to be released, I don't know.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think you're right Dino, Vinnie just needs to package and release the two unreleased albums and that will be a good start.
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:This is a guess but I don't think there is any new music being made, country or rock. why some one would not want their music to be released, I don't know.
Everybody needs a hobby...haven't you ever written a song? 8)
metatron

Post by metatron »

OMG, I really am lost for words.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That stuff has been there for a while. The Vinnie Vincent impostor bit is a bit old as that came and went on here, there is no more Vinnie impostor.
metatron

Post by metatron »

:D There is no time like the present. Man release some axes & some music. Release it & we will buy :!:

Check this out on e-bay. Too funny.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vinnie-Vincent-ex-K ... 335b50caf3

birnie

Post by birnie »

metatron wrote::D There is no time like the present. Man release some axes & some music. Release it & we will buy :!:

Won't be long before that's on the old forum....
NOTICE
"Anyone caught wearing un un-authorised VV watch will be delt with, very harshly"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

birnie wrote:
metatron wrote::D There is no time like the present. Man release some axes & some music. Release it & we will buy :!:

Won't be long before that's on the old forum....
NOTICE
"Anyone caught wearing un un-authorised VV watch will be delt with, very harshly"
LOL!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
lerxstcat

Post by lerxstcat »

Indonesia is about to get its ASS kicked!!!111JUAN :evil:

Just like with Vinnie, if you order this watch you will probably never get it! How much more of a tribute could it BE? :lol:
metatron

Post by metatron »

This is a post from Rap Man127 (posted at 05-11-2010, 09:29 AM) http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backsta ... sucks.html
'I know there has been a lot of hate recently on Vinnie but he has still to this day got a reasonable following, coming from someone who was actually a fan of the ole hair metal era in the 80's haha. He had a lot of skills on the guitar to, just a little but of a shame where it just sounds like a beehive. For example listen to his 96 EP Euphoria, the first 10 seconds of the first song you honestly want to shoot yourself. But Ive heard that he may be releasing some new material along with a new signature guitar so hopefully he may come back into the spotlight and show these new bands a thing or 2. Anybody else who is actually a fan of Vinnie? EVERYBODY seems to be against him bar his reasonable size fan base. '

Pretty much says it all 'EVERYBODY seems to be against him bar his reasonable size fan base' which hE is killing off.
Last edited by metatron on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batman

Post by Batman »

metatron wrote:This is a post from Rap Man127 (posted at 05-11-2010, 09:29 AM) http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backsta ... sucks.html
'I know there has been a lot of hate recently on Vinnie but he has still to this day got a reasonable following, coming from someone who was actually a fan of the ole hair metal era in the 80's haha. He had a lot of skills on the guitar to, just a little but of a shame where it just sounds like a beehive. For example listen to his 96 EP Euphoria, the first 10 seconds of the first song you honestly want to shoot yourself. But Ive heard that he may be releasing some new material along with a new signature guitar so hopefully he may come back into the spotlight and show these new bands a thing or 2. Anybody else who is actually a fan of Vinnie? EVERYBODY seems to be against him bar his reasonable size fan base. '

Pretty much says it all 'EVERYBODY seems to be against him bar his reasonable size fan base' which his is killing off.
You know...it's actually really sad. I don't know if I'm pissed off or just think the whole situation is very humorous. I laugh at it, because we have to see the irony in this. Here we back up this guy through thick and thin and out of all people...he tries to frame us as like...criminals or something? hahah. I mean...people say it's hard to be a KISS fan. Try being a ffffin' Vinnie Vincent fan! :lol:

I cannot say I know a lot about Vinnie Cusano; the person/human being, and I think that I've already witness enough. Even though I've heard a lot of good things about the guy. I will forever be a Vinnie Vincent (the artist) fan...He sure made some a-rocking tunes and I love his work. I think most of us feel that way, but somehow Vinnie seems to think we all want to know what kinda car he drives and the name of his grandmother. Sorry to say this Vin, but you're overreacting. I don't give a damn about your personal life, but I admire you as an artist.

Peace !
Studrums

Post by Studrums »

I don't care about the legal bs I need to here from the man who saved kiss and wrote the music that made Kistory Vinnie grow a pair and do what you do best play the F...ing guitatr !
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Pretty much says it all 'EVERYBODY seems to be against him bar his reasonable size fan base' which hE is killing off. QUOTE FROM METATRON!

When I wrote that on the les paul forums, this was when the news about the guitar and the music was just coming around. I find it absolutely AMAZING that after nearly 15 years now of seclusion he still has a fan base AT ALL! He is slowly killing off his fan base and soon he wont have any fans left which is what Im guessing Vinnie may want at this point, if he is reading this, just think about this.

Like it has been said before! We dont want to know your dogs name or your grandmothers panty size, we just want to appreciate you and your talent in our own way. If you dont want any fans anymore, simply tell us and we will all go away out of respect. We can understand if you want to stay out of the spotlight.
doublev

Post by doublev »

No question he is a legend and we all hope he is not a quitter. does anything matter other than the music? He would be a hero if he pulls of an amazing u turn with this.
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

[quote="doublev"]No question he is a legend and we all hope he is not a quitter. does anything matter other than the music? He would be a hero if he pulls of an amazing u turn with this.[/quote]

I don't think anyone is questioning if he is a legend or not, he is definately a legend among guitar players and certainly inspired me to pick up my first guitar. I doubt anything such as music or the guitar will come anytime soon, but if he does he will certainly win back some of his fans that he has lost along the way due to his reckless nature. But we have to ask ourselves is that really what Vinnie wants, or does he want to lose all of his fans alltogether. Come on Vinnie, ANSWER US! We will leave you alone if thats what you want!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Maybe all this locking down the forum, not releasing any more music or the signature guitar, blaming it on the fans is a way for him to say, ' hey look Mr Federal Judge, I really have not money & no means of paying $81,000. So there. I am bankrupt'
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The recent case wasn't about not being able to pay the 81k. This dates back to '97 and at some point P & G petitioned to have Vinnie's rights to the LIU songs sold to pay the 81k debt.

Vinnie has been trying to have this stopped unsuccessfully, so there is no worry about the money being paid, it will probably happen now, Vinnie will just lose income from that album.

The more you look at it, the more it's obvious that now is the time to release music and guitars and showbags, what have you. Sell some stuff to people around the world Vinnie.
doublev

Post by doublev »

This is musical suicide to blame your fans.
All his carear there are the stories. Myron grumbacker his old drummer in Alcatraz and vvi. Early sessions never got paid by him and they tried to have his guitar confiscated I think at a Boston mass gig.
Many session musicians from asg came out that they were not paid and were still trying to track him down.
Rik fox we all know. Fred coury, Eric Singer, Traci guns, Bruce kulick, Adam Mitchell, ed roman and many many people including honest fans who lost hard earned cash all have stories.
He can not blame other people. It gets old. You got to take responsibility for your self and prove people wrong.