I just pulled this off melodicrock.com for you all

News and information from 2018 onwards
Slayer

I just pulled this off melodicrock.com for you all

Post by Slayer »

From melodicrock.com

VINNIE VINCENT'S HIDDEN GUITAR TREASURES:
when Kiss fans think of Vinnie Vincent, menacing heavy-handed riffs in songs such as "Not For The Innocent," "Young And Wasted," "Killer," and "Fits Like A Glove" are likely to come to mind. Or over-the-top shredding solos on Invasion songs "Animal," "Boyz Are Gonna Rock," "Ashes To Ashes," and "I Wanna Be Your Victim." Or even his twisted (no pun intended) take on the solo for Kiss' classic "Calling Dr. Love" from Rio 1983.
It's no secret that Vinnie's guitar work with KISS and the Invasion is as subtle as the deep growl emanating from Gene Simmons' Punisher. However, in digging deep within Vinnie's personal discography, 1977's eponymous "Treasure" offers a beautiful contrasting overview of his six-string sensibilities, showcasing a youthful Vinnie Cusano in a musically mature, melodic light.
A project formed by Rascals' alumnus Felix Cavaliere, "Treasure" is steeped richly in elements of '70s melodic AOR rock, lying somewhere close to the musical ballpark of bands such as Foreigner, Boston and Kansas. Cavaliere's "blue-eyed soul"-laced vocals add a unique element to Treasure's sound, which is rounded out by ex-Fabulous Rhinestones drummer Jack Scarangella and journeyman bassist Rick Laird.
Matching the veteran Cavaliere's impressive vocals and keyboard stylings, Vinnie's guitar playing is a high point throughout this lost album, both in terms of his rhythm guitar work and solos. With regard to the latter, on "Treasure" we find tangible evidence of Vinnie's self-professed love for Jeff Beck and a smattering of techniques that would become hallmarks in the style of Vinnie's shredding alter-ego.
Entire Vinnie Vincent's Hidden Guitar Treasures here: http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopi ... 38&t=76758.
jesternjeff

Re: I just pulled this off melodicrock.com for you all

Post by jesternjeff »

It was on Kissasylum.com a few days ago, thats what led me to the Treasure c.d. at Amazon. I just sent Jack a message asking him if its Digitally remastered as I will want a copy. I have it on record but, dont have a record player and last heard it recorded on a tape cassette. The samples supplied in this article sound better then the Youtube stuff so, Im thinking it is remastered but I am asked Jack to be on the safe side. Will let everybody know once I get a reply.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks Jeff . :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, thanks Jeff and Uncle Kev too!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Possio

Post by Possio »

I have the Japanese CD Version from a bunch of years back and to be quite frank,
it sounds fine. no Remastering needed if you ask me..
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Yeah, thanks Jeff and Uncle Kev too!
I agree. :D :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Haven't heard the Japanese c.d., I would like to hear this record on a turn table to be honest ... that would be the best sounding of all !

P.S. No word from Jack yet. Not sure if he likes to talk about the Vinnie days. He would be a great guest
on Decible geeks !
Possio

Post by Possio »

I have the vinyl too, and a decent turntable, sounds good, would´nt say necessarily much better than CD, different. softer.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

reel to reel sound is the best for me ... then vinyl, then cassette on a nakamichi dragon then CD and finally mp3 the worst... something tells me music is going backwards but more convienient.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Convenience is King Dino! I can't remember the last time I saw someone on the bus with their headphones and reel to reel deck.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i have a few. I play a lot of stuff on my Stellavox and then I have a cheap Geloso 651
[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:Convenience is King Dino! I can't remember the last time I saw someone on the bus with their headphones and reel to reel deck.
True but now days you see kids wearing $200-$500 headphones listening to mp3s?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(