pyro review on kissonline

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Just copied this from kissonline .. looks like pyro was selected..
Check it out - KISS' "Hell or Hallelujah" single is topping the charts all over the world!

The KISS Army is giving the song rave reviews on the download sites. Check out some of them below:

5.0 out of 5 stars By PyroMessiah
Bye Bye
MatthewF

Re: pyro review on kissonline

Post by MatthewF »

I submitted a short review of Euphoria and it was posted.
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Thats cuz its a great song ! Anybody wanting a gem stone should go listen to Rush or something. This is a simple rock song that is actually pretty good so, good for KISS. People who wish for other song writer's to come in ( or to have V.V. back ) are dreamers. Why would they bring Vinnie back when they can top the charts w/ out him. Besides it was V.V. loss not theres , hope he can admit that to himself one day !
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good points
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I'm a Big Kiss fan and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but this song may be adequate for a filler but it by no means should it have been released as it's 1st single !!! I know that there are Kiss fans out there that will buy it on Amazon and make it #1 for a few weeks and that's there choice...Gene & Paul will thank you for your donation !!! KISS concerts have become skipping records in my opinion, they need to play some never heard before songs and concentrate on making not just good music but great music, regardless who is helping them write or not....
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
I agree Ed. Personally I think it sucks wet dogs ass. Not that good. Listenable, but that's about it. Isn't the worst song I've ever heard, but very far from even being mediocre.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

BigEd wrote:I'm a Big Kiss fan and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but this song may be adequate for a filler but it by no means should it have been released as it's 1st single !!! I know that there are Kiss fans out there that will buy it on Amazon and make it #1 for a few weeks and that's there choice...Gene & Paul will thank you for your donation !!! KISS concerts have become skipping records in my opinion, they need to play some never heard before songs and concentrate on making not just good music but great music, regardless who is helping them write or not....
I understand your feelings, H or H maybe not the best choice but, let US not forget these guys are 60 something and for 60 somethings it's a pretty dam good song. I will agree w/ you on the concerts being skipping records. The problem there has to be Gene & Paul. I have heard & read countless interviews to which Tommy & Eric are always trying to push for different songs and Gene & Paul ALWAYS pull rank by saying most people who attend dont know the un-played classics and only want to hear R n' r all night. I can only speak for Canada when I say, back in the day kids ( real fans ) would stand in line for tickets. Today everything is bought online so you are getting people ( not true kiss fans ) who have only heard of the " KISS experience " and want to see it . This became relevant when I went to see them and Paul tried to get people to sing the beginning of Black Diamond and no one knew the lyrics. Thats because only rich yuppies who can afford Kiss tickets but arent true fans, So , in this respect Gene & Paul are right and seem to be happy those yuppies the night before went to see Rihanna too. Sucks ass. Hope this made sense as I am disgusted by the whole thing, times have changed and sometimes not for the best. Gene & Paul dont care about the fans as much as they make people believe. $$$$$$$$$$$
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good points. Also kiss usually have some cool songs that are not singles..I do wish they would have a new guitar player with some attitude and great writing ability but yeah they are almost old enough to retire and they are certainly not doing bad for that.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

GREAT POST JJ !!!! :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

The song has grown on me a bit, but I still don't hear it as a single...but maybe it IS the best song on the album?
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Gee, I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

erg2 wrote:The song has grown on me a bit, but I still don't hear it as a single...but maybe it IS the best song on the album?
Ah yes, the old theory of polishing a turd. Maybe it's the best KISS can do these days. Or maybe they don't care cause they know the yuppies will buy it any way.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I still have hope for the album but it might not be that great.

I think Eric is too stiff for that classic Kiss groove that Peter had. The 70's Kiss was special for a reason. They should try and just be themselves.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah Eric is actually the weekest link in getting the old sound. Not many rock drummers who can actually pull of the Peter Criss style and sound including Peter himself. I don't like Eric Singer's snare sound on the new song. Too Pearl Jam for me. I got to say Pearl Jam killed drums for me.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yep, A little RECKLESS ABANDON is needed to play classic Kiss. A little bit O' Moon.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I still wish they would bring Ace and Peter back as guests for a bonus tune each. I suppose they would want too much money.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

an original reunion will only happen again if things get tight financially. Maybe when they are all 70.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:I still wish they would bring Ace and Peter back as guests for a bonus tune each. I suppose they would want too much money.
[youtube][/youtube]

As Kevin pointed out.........Really???
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

please stop with that Ace video.. its the worst thing ever. You can never write Ace off he comes out with somethings he even doesn't know how he did it.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

metatron wrote:
erg2 wrote:The song has grown on me a bit, but I still don't hear it as a single...but maybe it IS the best song on the album?
Ah yes, the old theory of polishing a turd. Maybe it's the best KISS can do these days. Or maybe they don't care cause they know the yuppies will buy it any way.
I only listen to classic KISS. I'm finicky.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

jesternjeff wrote:Thats cuz its a great song ! Anybody wanting a gem stone should go listen to Rush or something. This is a simple rock song that is actually pretty good so, good for KISS. People who wish for other song writer's to come in ( or to have V.V. back ) are dreamers. Why would they bring Vinnie back when they can top the charts w/ out him. Besides it was V.V. loss not theres , hope he can admit that to himself one day !
Yeah Rush rules. Free will. Sticking it to the determinism.I am in the mood for Rush, now. See ya. :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I don't think the song is a turd. I just think it doesn't have that "spark" that makes a good single.
A few people mentioned that Eric is the weak link in this song. I agree to a point. His playing doesn't have any attitude...they might as well use a drum machine. It's correct, but it's lacking inspiration.
I also think Paul's lead vocals are problematic. He sounds better than he has in concert lately, but I can definitely tell that he is not "belting" it out like the old days. You can tell he's singing softer and they are pushing it higher in the mix. His voice is still a little raspy...a couple of spots it comes very close to being off pitch.

Also, I'm not sure what the song is trying to say. They have money now, so they can do whatever they want? And being that way is a blessing and a curse? Someone explain it to thick-headed little me. Because it almost reads like they are saying FU if you don't approve of every little thing we do.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If the song is better than Ghostbusters by ray parker Jr then in my book its good. If its worse even by a whisker it is a bad song in my book. What's my book... Errr I don't know
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Dino, I LOVE Ghostbusters, now and when it came out, great fun song, great movie. I have good memories of that time. I even bought the soundtrack!

Back to Kiss, it seems the lyric is more of the "do it your way and believe in yourself" line of Kiss songs, rather than the "put your hand in my pocket, grab onto my rocket" line.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I like it that you can perceive what you want .
Most people will only sing the pre-chorus/chorus and think it's about fucking.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

At first I thought it was another in the long line of Paul Stanley post 1984 songs about how you need to grab life and live it and you're great and rainbows will come out of your ass if you just believe in yourself. Now I think it's more about telling people that if they don't like the current KISS incarnation that they can go away...that they don't care.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Money makes the rules. Figures...It sounds like the courtship of a gold digger song.:roll:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We just watched Ghostbusters again this morning. Love the theme music!!!! 8) 8) 8)
ankh

Post by ankh »

Ray parker jr had to settle things down financially with Huey Lewis because of, well,"similarity issues",of that song with "i wanna new drug"
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

They sound similar but the chord progression is definitely not the same but close.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I never thought they sounded the same.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

huey Lewis and DLR sound quite similar vocally.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

from Wikipedia:

"Ghostbusters" song lawsuit

In 1984, Ray Parker Jr. was signed by the producers of Ghostbusters to develop the film's title song. Later that year, Huey Lewis and the News sued Parker, citing the similarities between the "Ghostbusters" song and their earlier hit "I Want a New Drug". According to Huey Lewis and the News, this was especially damaging to them since "Ghostbusters" was so popular, rising to number one on the charts for three weeks. Parker and Lewis later settled out of court.[8] Huey Lewis has stated that his experiences with the producers of Ghostbusters may have been indirectly responsible for getting his band involved with the movie Back to the Future.

In the 2001 Behind the Music special, Huey Lewis stated: "The offensive part was not so much that Ray Parker Jr. had ripped this song off, it was kind of symbolic of an industry that wants something—they wanted our wave, and they wanted to buy it. ... t's not for sale. ... In the end, I suppose they were right. I suppose it was for sale, because, basically, they bought it."[9] As a result of this statement, Parker Jr. filed a suit against Lewis, claiming he violated the settlement's confidentiality agreement and seeking an unspecified amount of compensatory and punitive damages as well as attorney fees.

An issue of Premiere Magazine would later feature an anniversary article about the movie Ghostbusters. In that article, the filmmakers admit to using the song "I Want A New Drug" as temporary background music in many scenes. They then said that they had made an offer to Huey Lewis and the News to write the main theme, but they declined. The filmmakers then provided Ray Parker Jr film footage—with the Huey Lewis song in the background—to aid Parker in writing the theme song.[10]

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/3 ... ew%20Drug/
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
erg2

Post by erg2 »

It could've been subconscious.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I am struggling to see/hear the similarities. I guess there was something in it.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I would say its a very close call.
Bye Bye
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

Ace is so sloppy.
If you didn't know his background, some people would say he sucks.
He's #1 in my book.
He's the reason I started playing 30 years ago.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ace may not be dynamic but he sure has something. Not just a session player like tommy.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Some people just have a natural, inexplicable quality.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

Same with Jimmy Page.
The guy is amazing, but he can be VERY sloppy at times.
I prefer sloppy over robotic.
I'm sloppy without even trying.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I would slay all of ya at being sloppy...
:twisted:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ace is just one surprise after another. I still can not believe he managed to record so many good songs. A Scientist could not explain this phenomenon.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Ace has got talent. Loads of it. Many talented guitar players have struggled with substance abuse. It is not a phenomenon. But hey, any tactic to sell you on the new guy.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

no. yes. no. yes.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:Ace is just one surprise after another. I still can not believe he managed to record so many good songs. A Scientist could not explain this phenomenon.
Great producer?
Last edited by erg2 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:Ace is just one surprise after another. I still can not believe he managed to record so many good songs. A Scientist could not explain this phenomenon.
It's definitely up and down. I think the Ace Frehley KISS Solo album is one of the best hard-rock albums of all time. Probably top-10. (Notice I said hard-rock and not heavy-metal or metal.) The songs, the playing, the tone, the lyrics...it just all came together.

However, nearly 40 years later and he has yet to record anything that's even stylistically similar...much less equal in quality.

Frehley's Comet:
I practically lived 24-7 listening to the first Frehley's Comet cassette when it came out. Even then I knew it wasn't a pimple on the ass of the KISS solo album.

Live +1:
Anton Fig on druuuuummmss! I think it killed Ace when Anton left the band for Letterman. And why the hell didn't the record company release WORDS ARE NOT ENOUGH as a single? I think that was the only song off of the first 3 releases that had all the right elements to be a hit single.

Second Sighting:
Second Sighting is just an abomination. The demos were probably better than the final product.

Trouble Walking:
Trouble Walking is a great sounding album, but lyrically is amateurish. I prefer Trouble Walking sonically over KISS's Revenge as I think it's a better example of how KISS's sound can be well recorded without sounding over-produced or too polished.

Anomaly:
Then Anomaly came along with promises of it being the true follow-up to the KISS solo album, which I never once let myself hope for and it's a good thing I did not. I think there are bits which sound like the KISS solo and the original s/t Frehley's Comet, but overall it feels unfocused. And the Angels song is completely destroyed by the spoken word section!!

I love his work, but none of these are comparable to his KISS solo album.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good review.
Rock soldiers was genius. 78 solo album genius. Shot full of rock, 5 card stud , 2 young 2 die great.
I like only the acorn is spinning from the second coming album.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I like Second Sighting, Tod's songs are great.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Genebaby wrote:I like Second Sighting, Tod's songs are great.
I like IT'S OVER NOW and TIME AINT RUNNING OUT from the Tod songs. I just don't think they sound anything like Comet songs. In retrospect, we all know that it's just Tod and Jamie Oldaker on those recordings. And having Jamie as the drummer for the Comet was a poorly thought out decision.

I like INSANE knowing that it is...in all actuality...just terrible. But it has it's own charm. Like when you eat breakfast at a greasy, hole-in-the-wall diner. It's terrible, but somehow you don't mind eating it. Other than that, I think the Ace material is nearly unlistenable.

As a rule, Second Sighting is not an album I choose to listen to.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They are good but its like two bands .
Bye Bye