Double V Forum Re-Opening

News and information from 2018 onwards
syncophile42

Double V Forum Re-Opening

Post by syncophile42 »

Update at the bottom of the YouTube announcement :
  • *thanks for your touching emails-It may take awhile but i'll try my best to answer u. I invite u to the official doublevforum which will open this weekend. "A time for love, a time for peace" Vinnie
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
shramiac

Re: Double V Forum Re-Opening

Post by shramiac »

Cool bananas!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Too bad unless something has really changed that all are not invited!
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

I prefer here.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

A time for love? Love? Will there be bannings for speaking your mind or questioning the Great Wizard?

Does this mean the end of fakes like Spyder and Vinnie will speak to us as himself? That would be a huge step forward by itself.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

And the moderator of the Doublevforum is??????
Surprising: SPYDER :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Vinnie's talking to us trough the forum?? Hey, he is a huge rockstar, a legend and he will never ever directly speak to us :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Ok, a joke! We will hope that it will be happen. The master himself is talking directly
(Mhm, I have a big smile in my face when I'm typing the words and I don't no why *lol*)
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

maybe i shouldnt sign up using Skwint then - lol.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'll give it a shot. He seems like he is trying to turn things around. I hope he doesn't turn anyone away.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
TXjason

Post by TXjason »

i was never on that board...think I'll be allowed to have an account?

Jason
ozone73

Post by ozone73 »

I was never a part of that board either. I'd be somewhat interested in joining up but I hope it won't be the way that it used to be (from the stories I've read on here). We'll see ...
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

will they let anyone:

A. use his mugshot as a Avatar?
B. Post his Home Address in a thread?
C. Speculate about his fight with Diane ?
D.Question Vinnie about Box set?
E. None of the above
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Answer is the obvious choice - E
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

poserboy71 wrote:I'll give it a shot. He seems like he is trying to turn things around. I hope he doesn't turn anyone away.
Right, I'm with Rick on this. He is trying to reach out and open up a little. We can choose to hold presence for Vinnie and remind him that he also has choices.

Yes, I choose to hold presence for Vinnie.
For the last time, my name is ANGEL NOT Venice !

Love prevails in all ways - always!

VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

scottysixx wrote:will they let anyone:

A. use his mugshot as a Avatar?
B. Post his Home Address in a thread?
C. Speculate about his fight with Diane ?
D.Question Vinnie about Box set?
E. None of the above
Using his mug would be highly insensitive ... and who would want to do that?
Why choose it?
How would it serve anyone?

Most of us would rather see a smiling Vinnie or "The Wiz" in the avatar ... if a pic of Vinnie is used.
Not only that but it would depress the hell out of everyone else as well. :cry:

scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

Where is the humor ? I think I need to make sure I put a :D after certain posts..
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie is indeed trying it seems, so let's give him a go. I really hope he posts as himself.
VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

scottysixx wrote:Where is the humor ? I think I need to make sure I put a :D after certain posts..
That would help, scottysixx but discernment can be helpful as well, when merging humor with such a sensitive subject. :wink:

metatron

Post by metatron »

strangeways wrote:I prefer here.
I going to take the Vinnie Vincent approach to signing up @ the newly refurnished 'doublev' (you know the one guys & gals, the one he stole from Dino) The approach will be unless Vinnie Vincent has got something valid to offer, like new music @ a reasonable rate (itune prices, normal CD prices), there is no need for me to sign up. I urge others to follow suit. Don't want to hear any Bullshit peace, love crap. All that talk is him trying to look good in the the eyes of his pending court case. Actions speak louder than words. Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned. We want action Vinnie.

[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

VeniceAngel wrote:
scottysixx wrote:Where is the humor ? I think I need to make sure I put a :D after certain posts..
That would help, scottysixx but discernment can be helpful as well, when merging humor with such a sensitive subject. :wink:

We have already expressed our feelings about that and Scotty graciously took it down. Reporting the news is one thing but let's refrain from jokes about Vinnie. This "IS" still a FAN FORUM.

NEWBEGINNINGS
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

It was more poking fun at myself and others for doing All those I have mentioned. A thru D. So we cant joke about Vinnie huh? I see alot more than a playful post,or curious ones about Vinnie on here, thats for sure..I also see alot of others that dig around and post personal stuff about him too. Or watch his every move either on his locked down forum posting to himself and how much the property tax for TM1 is. I see alot of double standards going on.Im not sure how viewing his house(Google Earth) is much different. I also see alot of people who voice their dislikes on the man for ripping them off or for beating his wife and yet those fly right under the radar with most here. I'm not close with the man nor have I ever met him. I'm just a fan of the music he created YEARS ago.He turned his back on his fans so therefore I dont worship the ground he walks on. Alot of people havent seen or heard from him in many years and have wondered what he looked like or where he lived.So naturally after the news broke we wanted to see for ourselves.Some of you have known where he lived for awhile now.Did Vinnie give you his address?
I highley doubt it and if so Kudos to ya. All i'm saying is if you love him and wanna protect his precious soul from ever being hurt then great but ease up a little on those who wanna have a little curious fun..Afterall we're only fans who are willing to "pay" for his music if he ever legitimately puts it out. 8)
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

I have a strong suspicion that Vinnie will pick and choose who he lets into the forum. I'm not getting my hopes up at all. Besides, I think we've build a great community here. If Vinnie does open things up and isn't Stalin-like with the censorship then, well, we'll have 2 great Vinnie forums. If not, we've still got this one! Thanks to Vic again for providing the forum and to all of those that contribute to it!

That's about as hippy dippy as I can get. :lol:
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

WizKid wrote:I have a strong suspicion that Vinnie will pick and choose who he lets into the forum. I'm not getting my hopes up at all. Besides, I think we've build a great community here. If Vinnie does open things up and isn't Stalin-like with the censorship then, well, we'll have 2 great Vinnie forums. If not, we've still got this one! Thanks to Vic again for providing the forum and to all of those that contribute to it!

That's about as hippy dippy as I can get. :lol:
Great stuff
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Scotty , No one is getting on your shit and I am definitely the wrong person to come after :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P .

Like I have said before, All of us are curious and speculation is understood. If you have something to say that is negative then just BACK IT UP. Those people and instances you have mentioned have backed up their statements. To make a mean post to join in on supposed bashing isn't cool. As far as protecting Vinnie, that isn't the case. A lot of us don't feel the need to see the mug shot as an avatar.
As far as worshipping the ground he walks on, no one here does that. That is why this place exists.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: WATCH YOUR TONE MOTHERFUCKER OR I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Scotty, you're cool.

Back on topic, I have the feeling that those who were "banned" may not be able to sign up with our old usernames if they still exist but are not fully deleted. Maybe Vinnie can do a clean up so we can all start fresh?
birnie

Post by birnie »

I'll still be Birnie or Birnie_Take_2 or whatever i can think o
Weekend at Birnie's...decided
VeniceAngel

Post by VeniceAngel »

Thank you, scottysixx for removing the post with Vinnie's address.

As far as the forum is concerned, we will only know when we are able and Vinnie is ready. :)

doublev

Post by doublev »

He better be sure not to make things even worse.
I would only consider joining that board if I am asked, and some sort of hand shake offered. Also he doesn't use my username doublev.
I also would hope he may answer some questions about his washburn, ibanez etc, tech talk. That would be cool.
But i have too much pride and pain to go on the board without being asked.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I don't blame you Dino, I would feel the same way...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm looking forward to the re-opening. It's a chance for change. Change for good.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev wrote:I also would hope he may answer some questions about his washburn, ibanez etc, tech talk. That would be cool.
Nail meet hammer!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

If he doesnt accept hard hitting questions and is going to use the board to try and make it like he is good to his fans and they all love him.. he will be fucked. We can smell that shit a mile.
If he answers some age old tech questions and is alround pleasant it may be worth while.
It seems like even his oldest friends from ct that live in tn are coming out against him. He has got to change. Apologize for a lot of things including most recent issues and the boxset etc. If he doesn't what's the point of opening the board unless he has a plan for using it to help him in court.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes Dino, Spyder telling everyone to "have fun" was very hypocritical in a place defined by censorship and the constant threat of being banned for no good reason.

If Vinnie has turned over a new hippie leaf then that will be good, man.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i just hope he thought it out. having some people in and some out will be not a good idea. he should also lay down the law so people know what they can ask and can not etc.

like i said i will not be on my old board but i do have a question about the 1988 white/gold guitars i would likt to know about.. eg who made them? what were the y made from? were they the same spec as each other, how did they come about and which one did vv prefer? also wanted to know about when was the first jackson made and whats with the dot inlay one and the resprays. if he could clear that up it would be interesting. a history of the jackson, washburn, carvin and ibanez as well as the ESP.

Other than that I have nothing to say to him or ask him. I just hope he doesn't make more enemies than friends. Its got to be pretty well prepared I would say.
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

Lets hope for the best but please dont be as naive as we have been in the past with him. The guy is nearly 60 years old now and we know he has been mentally "off kilter" for at least 1/2 that lifetime (early 80's being kicked out of Kiss through present times) . Plus look at all the times we have gotten our hopes up in the recent past and then getting ass reamed - him taking over the old board (that Dino gave to him in good faith) only to kick us out and then use it against us, then the empty music promises (deja vu anyone ???) , then the guitar fiasco (unfinished, untouched and unsigned by VV, sketchy ordering tactics, insulting prices, etc) ....
I havent given up totally - mainly because I feel sorry for him as I am sure this is either due to a horrible upbringing or severe problems with his mental health that even he cant grasp , but I will never again be as trusting and naive , making excuses for him etc.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

mp5999 wrote:Lets hope for the best but please dont be as naive as we have been in the past with him. The guy is nearly 60 years old now and we know he has been mentally "off kilter" for at least 1/2 that lifetime (early 80's being kicked out of Kiss through present times) . Plus look at all the times we have gotten our hopes up in the recent past and then getting ass reamed - him taking over the old board (that Dino gave to him in good faith) only to kick us out and then use it against us, then the empty music promises (deja vu anyone ???) , then the guitar fiasco (unfinished, untouched and unsigned by VV, sketchy ordering tactics, insulting prices, etc) ....
I havent given up totally - mainly because I feel sorry for him as I am sure this is either due to a horrible upbringing or severe problems with his mental health that even he cant grasp , but I will never again be as trusting and naive , making excuses for him etc.
Totally agree with you. This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Good post!
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

thanks wolfie.

You know that old saying about how you might not want to meet your hero's or something like that. I bet I am not the only person on here who wishes they wouldnt have tried to get so close to this particular "hero". Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth which is sad because VV became a god to me the very 1st second I saw him on the Creatures tour - literally changed and shaped my life in many aspects since that day. I wouldnt have ever guessed he could do any wrong. I hate to think how many times I have paged through my Creatues program (I even bought an extra in case I wear 1 out). I saved up every penny I could get after that Creatues show to get a Rhoads v, waited for the UPS man to show up at my favorite music store for the Invasion releases, flew to NY to meet him at 96 Kiss convention, bought a Monster VV, collected pics and posters over the years etc. And its not that I ever expected anything back from him - BUT- when what he does give back in return to his fans is nothing but lies , insults, scams, etc , then I feel really stupid for having put him on my pedastal for so many years.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

mp5999 wrote:thanks wolfie.

You know that old saying about how you might not want to meet your hero's or something like that. I bet I am not the only person on here who wishes they wouldnt have tried to get so close to this particular "hero". Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth which is sad because VV became a god to me the very 1st second I saw him on the Creatures tour - literally changed and shaped my life in many aspects since that day. I wouldnt have ever guessed he could do any wrong. I hate to think how many times I have paged through my Creatues program (I even bought an extra in case I wear 1 out). I saved up every penny I could get after that Creatues show to get a Rhoads v, waited for the UPS man to show up at my favorite music store for the Invasion releases, flew to NY to meet him at 96 Kiss convention, bought a Monster VV, collected pics and posters over the years etc. And its not that I ever expected anything back from him - BUT- when what he does give back in return to his fans is nothing but lies , insults, scams, etc , then I feel really stupid for having put him on my pedastal for so many years.
Every word you're saying could be the words out of my mouth! You have exactly the same history I have. 1982 when COTN came out I was 10 years old. Vinnie changed my life I began to play guitar. Because I haven't had a penny I made a self builded guitar in the look of the V Road in pink and I felt me amazing just like Vinnie my guitar hero. I followed him every step in his history and he gave nothing his fans back in the last 20 years, only lies, scams etc. Now I'm feeling me empty and like a trashcan for following him for nothing.
So you can see you're not alone with your feelings. I think many fans have this kind of story with him. It's so sad but ok, live goes on.
Thank you for sharing this story !
Wolfgang
metatron

Post by metatron »

mp5999 wrote:thanks wolfie.

Don't feel bad mp5999...We all copped the big sucker punch. We are all in the same boat. But no more Mr Nice Guy with me. He needs to prove me wrong. I'm with Dino on not going to the site. One, I want an apology, cause still to this day I don't know why i was kick out (like the rest of us). & two, a personal invitation. (I except neither of these will happen) Also unless he has something to offer, like NEW music. Once again, I'm have no interest. Not into the kissie, kissie, touchie, feelie bullshit. In his own words , 'he is a very private person' & i respect that. I really don't want to be his buddy. I don't want to know what he ate for dinner last night. I want NEW music. Maybe Videos of VVI if he has any. I am happy to purchase these things for a reasonable price providing I have a guarantee of actually receiving these items. And worse case scenario for Vinnie. Even if you blacklist me from being able to purchase your items, I'll do you big fat favor and down load them for FREE :!: from the net. What da ya recknon VV :?: :?: :?: Better to have me as a paying customer or what :?: Howz that for a mind bender. Vinnie, Welcome to the 21st century...LOVE DANNII ( KISSes KISSes KISSes Hugs Hugs Hugs) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh & did I mention I don't want a guitar either cause I'm getting a Monster custom built to my specs that BLOWS anything you could wipe up & for LESS than half the price of one I'd get from you. This shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S [4x]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Dannii - I love your posts !!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

wolfgang161272 wrote:Dannii - I love your posts !!!!
Thanks Wolfi. I think most of us know what the real deal is with Vinnie. Deal or No Deal Vinnie. Balls in his court. He can either serve it back to us & we play nice or he can get shitty, & run off home holding on to his fuzzy balls.
[youtube][/youtube]
I'm the linesmen!
doublev

Post by doublev »

He is changing colors on the board.. I respect vinnie when it comes to color combos, something that interests me a lot. My old color scheme was getting tired.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Now its back to the old colors. I wonder if he will keep the silhouette Sammy and I worked on.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Vinnie should go with a pink on black color scheme :D they're his colors! Maybe some gold too :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The colours are still mucked up, you can't see most of the text.

I hope there is an update to the Forumco board software, it was a bit buggy before, it could use an update.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Colours and text are back to normal again. It's the weekend here, waiting.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Hopefully he does get it up & running this weekend as planned...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think he will but its 50/50. Also what capacity??? Who's invited etc? Will he answer questions or will it be just a boost Vinnies ego weekend.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Obviously questions about his family life I don't expect, but I am talking vv trivia and music questions plus tech talk.. that kind of thing would be very cool and I wish I could be part of that.