So how many were in a Band ??

Non Vinnie discussion
Skwint

So how many were in a Band ??

Post by Skwint »

I dont know you all that well but i just wanted to know how many of you were / are in a band and what were/are they called.

Dont be shy.

I was in a band as a teenager - we didnt do much just messed around really - we were called Red Sixx.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
wolfgang161272

Re: So how many were in a Band ??

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I was in the band called Baron Age as a keyboarder for about 6 years. We've played a lot of concerts. Baron Age was the same style of Depeche Mode a bit harder.
Now I play in my paddles cell guitar and drums. Not very good but with a lot of fun. My best friend says: "Wolfi you are a big poser but a little player". That's ok for me 8) on stage it's important, he he!

Now I'm searching a new band. My dream is playing in a 80 style hair metal band like VVI
Attachments
Scannen0005.jpg
Scannen0005.jpg (73.08 KiB) Viewed 9579 times
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

My first band back in 94 I joined was doing originals and covers, just having fun. I hadn't been playing long so was doing rhythm only, which was fine with me at the time.

Then it's been cover bands. I started doing leads when I was doing Ace's parts in a Kiss covers band from 97-2000, which was a lot of fun. Tried to do it again last year with mostly the same people and it wasn't working. There were reasons I stopped playing with those guys.

Then another cover band with a guy singing, then a band with a few girls singing and now I have joined what was left of Moose Knuckle (a bass player and singer) and it seems we found our other guitarist, so we're set to rock again.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Started my band in 89'. We called ourselves Concorer ( Very METAL sounding, purposely spelt wrong name!) but had changed it to FYRE by the time of our first gig. We were a 4 piece, vox, drums, bass and 1 guitar. We played Maiden, Kiss, Skid Row, Ozzy and a bit of Megadeth and Dream Theater. Later we jammed with a keyboardist but never got to play live with him. Metal in the 90s in the Cairns area was pretty non-existant and we did have trouble getting gigs but we did get to play in front of about 1500 at an outdoor festival at the amphitheatre in Kuranda, just west of Cairns. It's a bit of a hippy place but many international artists have played the venue so we were proud of that. In 2000 we decided to call ourselves Fatal Tragedy (after the DT song) and put on a Dream Theater night! Busted our arses and learnt 15 songs for it! That was the best my crappy chops ever got to! Also we had a friend use his midi equipped guitar to fill in the sound with some keyboard washes. The poor bastard had tendonitis at the time and was all he could do. Just as well for me as he was on break from doing his Berklee Jazz degree and would have kicked my arse, playing wise, if he was fully fit! We broke even for the night so we were happy with that. Then I stopped playing! Well, I tried to quit! My old bass player & drummer asked me to join them with a "Tori Amos/Kate Bush style" keyboardist/vocalist. We gigged a bit, got to open for Christine Anu (Aussie guys will now her & the bitch never paid us!!!) but I wasn't into the music so after playing at a friend's wedding I quit in 2001. Didn't touch a guitar for 9 months after that! I ended up preferring to play golf again as I did as a teen. Although I have the occassional twinge of "the good old band days", I have no desire to ever play in a band again!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No desire? No way!!!! You just need a guitar with flames!!!

Seriously though, if you were playing Dream Theatre then I am quite impressed.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Trust me, we picked the "easier" DT songs to play! Although I did learn Erotomania! But....only to a level that sounded passable live, I would have never got it clean enough to record in a studio! I nailed the fast solo guitar part if anyone knows the song but I had trouble with the "Paganini" bit that leads up to that! And I couldn't get the second keys/guitar unison bit AFTER the main keyboard solo? My hands just don't stretch that far that fast! I did crack the neck slot in my No.2 Jem learning 6.00 though! :oops: :oops: Ah, anger with inanimate objects is a curse! :evil:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fair enough, but I'm still impressed.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I was the Singer for two GLAM! bands. The first was P!nk Champagne. Like a cross between VVI & Ana Black From round 1986 to 1991. Then that turned into Jettablack, which was a bit more Goth/Glam like 'London After Midnight'. A million member changes & then it all died around 1995.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

excellent.

you guys looked cool - release anything?
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
metatron

Post by metatron »

Shramiac,,,You Fucken Man Man! That awesome,,,you have kept going with it. If I knew u back, (when P!nk Champagne was around & we lost the lead guitarist), I would have hunted your ass down, slapped on some clown make-up on u , drenched u in PVC & away we would have gone down into Glam Metal Oblivion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are only 3 choices , Dead, Jail or Rock n' Roll
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

excellent. you guys looked cool - release anything?

Thanks Skwint
Yer, Got two songs that were done on a 2 inch tape & heaps of cassette demos. I gotta get time to covert them. I will get onto it soon...Let u know...Oringinals were SUCKer4Love, Living in the Limelight. FILM(Fuel injected Luv Machine), Sick Kick Society & Shoot it up!. We use to cover VV's Gypsy in her Eyes & Dirty Rhythm. Also covered Tigertailz's Love Over Load.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

metatron wrote:
excellent. you guys looked cool - release anything?

Thanks Skwint
Yer, Got two songs that were done on a 2 inch tape & heaps of cassette demos. I gotta get time to covert them. I will get onto it soon...Let u know...Oringinals were SUCKer4Love, Living in the Limelight. FILM(Fuel injected Luv Machine), Sick Kick Society & Shoot it up!. We use to cover VV's Gypsy in her Eyes & Dirty Rhythm. Also covered Tigertailz's Love Over Load.
would love to hear them
metatron

Post by metatron »

metatron wrote:Shramiac,,,You Fucken Rock!!! Man! That awesome,,,you have kept going with it. If I knew u back, (when P!nk Champagne was around & we lost the lead guitarist), I would have hunted your ass down, slapped on some clown make-up on u , drenched u in PVC & away we would have gone down into Glam Metal Oblivion. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Hey Meta,
I'm so impressed...without words....amazing, fantastic. This kind of band and style was my dream all my life...
Wow...

Wolfi
:shock:
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

My Band TJs Hooker
[youtube][/youtube]
14 year old Colt McNutt on guitar. He's our child! lol. Getting his training in early.
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

@Dannii - Long live the Cobra Club!!! You gotta get those songs transferred so we can hears them!

@TJ - You guys are a great sounding band. Colt did great playing GnR.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote:Shramiac,,,You Fucken Man Man! That awesome,,,you have kept going with it. If I knew u back, (when P!nk Champagne was around & we lost the lead guitarist), I would have hunted your ass down, slapped on some clown make-up on u , drenched u in PVC & away we would have gone down into Glam Metal Oblivion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! Guess I would have been called "Fat Fuck the Clown" in your band! :lol: :lol:

And TJ you don't count! The question was "how many WERE in a band?"! Not, who is in a band still getting regular gigs! :P :P :P
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

shramiac wrote:Trust me, we picked the "easier" DT songs to play! Although I did learn Erotomania! But....only to a level that sounded passable live, I would have never got it clean enough to record in a studio! I nailed the fast solo guitar part if anyone knows the song but I had trouble with the "Paganini" bit that leads up to that! And I couldn't get the second keys/guitar unison bit AFTER the main keyboard solo? My hands just don't stretch that far that fast! I did crack the neck slot in my No.2 Jem learning 6.00 though! :oops: :oops: Ah, anger with inanimate objects is a curse! :evil:
D'oh! "And I couldn't get the second keys/guitar unison bit AFTER the main keyboard solo?" was from the song Take the Time!
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

shramiac wrote:
metatron wrote:Shramiac,,,You Fucken Man Man! That awesome,,,you have kept going with it. If I knew u back, (when P!nk Champagne was around & we lost the lead guitarist), I would have hunted your ass down, slapped on some clown make-up on u , drenched u in PVC & away we would have gone down into Glam Metal Oblivion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! Guess I would have been called "Fat Fuck the Clown" in your band! :lol: :lol:

And TJ you don't count! The question was "how many WERE in a band?"! Not, who is in a band still getting regular gigs! :P :P :P
ive been in many bands. lol
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
metatron

Post by metatron »

wolfgang161272 wrote:Hey Meta,
I'm so impressed...without words....amazing, fantastic. This kind of band and style was my dream all my life...
Wow...
Wolfi
:shock:
Thanks Wolfie...Long live the transvestite GLAM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
EricFoxx

Post by EricFoxx »

metatron wrote: I was the Singer for two GLAM! bands. The first was P!nk Champagne. Like a cross between VVI & Ana Black From round 1986 to 1991. Then that turned into Jettablack, which was a bit more Goth/Glam like 'London After Midnight'. A million member changes & then it all died around 1995.
Cool man! You guys looked like very much like Pretty Boy Floyd back in the day!
TXjason

Post by TXjason »

I grew up in LA and have played in bands my whole life. I stopped about 7 years ago when my kids started getting older.

Here is a pic of my band when i lived in Texas about 8 years ago. We were called Dirty Sanchez.

I'm the one with the bullseye strat.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Dirty Sanchez, good one!! My new band is called Moose Knuckle.

Excellent guitar too!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Eeeugh! Moose Knuckle!!!!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Soundcheck

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sammy= PURE ROCK ATTITUDE .
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

Metal Symphony of Darkness (2001)

[youtube][/youtube]

Degameth (2009)

[youtube][/youtube]

Voyager (current)

http://www.myspace.com/voyagercleveland
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Damn Damian, Very STRONG.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Here in Oz i was in cover rock bands "Teaze" and "Justice Rose" also Kiss Tribute "Creatures Of The Night" during the late 80's early 90's,fast forward to 2011 im currently the Ace Frehley in DTK- Dressed To Kill Oz Kiss Tribute.
Play lead,rhythm and bass.

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Creatures of the Night Kiss Tribute cira 1992ish ( thats me as Gene )
Covers rock band "Teaze" ( me on bass )
Promo shot for Teaze with original girl singer ( thats me with all that blonde hair LOL )

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So you switched from being Gene and playing bass to being Ace and playing guitar? Cool!!!!

Great pics.

My new band is going great guns. We are recording 4 songs for an EP, I just got home from the first session.
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Genebaby wrote:So you switched from being Gene and playing bass to being Ace and playing guitar? Cool!!!!

Great pics.

My new band is going great guns. We are recording 4 songs for an EP, I just got home from the first session.
Im a guitar player foremost who dabbled in bass, i still have some basses in my swag and i was playing with Gods Of Thunder in Sydney last year for a short while ( to much travelling from Newcastle ).

Cool on the EP keen to hear it when your done.

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Did you ever tour the country with any of the tribute bands?
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

shramiac wrote:Did you ever tour the country with any of the tribute bands?
Sy

No just the Newcastle,Valley and Sydney areas.

Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

More of my 1991 band "Creatures Of The Night" ( me as Gene ) we made our own costumes and boots and had the best time,the Paul Stanley is the same guy im now in Dressed To Kill with,my best mate Wayne (aka Small Stanley ).
Enjoy my youth !

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great pics. No VV for the Creatures band?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

THAT WOULD BE SACRILEDGE. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That's "Bizzaro World" Kiss there Tony! "Eric" wearing sneakers and still being the tallest!!!!LOL
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

In the first picture of the three 'Ace' looks like an action figure!
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

syncophile42 wrote:In the first picture of the three 'Ace' looks like an action figure!
You are so correct !!! man i never noticed that, thats Kenny by the way he was only 16 or 17 at the time and could play like hell !

DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

Great stories!

I'm a beer saleman (aka bar band member) right now playing strictly 80s rock - split lead vocals and lead/rhythm guitar. We play about 4x a month and hit the occasional wedding here and there.
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

All of these posts are great,I never seen a kiss tribute band with a Eric Carr...
I been playing since I was 15..Played Bass with a few bands and sang for others

Some Names include Sybils Machine (bass)
Down For Five (bass)..both original
and a Cover Band called Octane Blue (vocals)

http://www.octaneblue.com

Im on the right

heres a vid with me on Bass with DFF

[youtube][/youtube]

I got a few albums (cds) out locally
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's a pretty full on vid Jason, very cool.
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

Jason ?
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

Jason is the bass player for my cover band that I sing for..Im Scott confusing I know :mrgreen:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Cool! A guitar solo and vocal harmonies!!! So rare these days!!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oops, my bad, sorry Scotty.
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Forgot my Telstra work band "Snotbox" ( its a nickname for a Telstra cable joint ).

Here's Snotbox doing a Telstra function belting out some accoustic KISS, Hootie & The Blowfish , Neil Diamond ( yes u heard that right ) etc etc
Attachments
Pic 3.jpg
Pic 3.jpg (69.48 KiB) Viewed 9063 times

birnie

Post by birnie »

i don't mind a bit of Neil Diamond.
Good work..
scottysixx

Post by scottysixx »

shramiac wrote:Cool! A guitar solo and vocal harmonies!!! So rare these days!!!!!
Yeah your right on that, dual solos especially..Janna can shred, not many girls can..Im drilling Vinnie in her head.. :mrgreen: