9.5K worth of guitar

Non Vinnie discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

9.5K worth of guitar

Post by Genebaby »

This is what spending 9 and a half G's is all about. Lists for more than that but you get a case (it's a repro of Randy's road case) and free shipping in the USA.

http://www.mattsmusic.com/RRTRIBUTE-prod.html

Has it all, authenticity, the blessing of Randy's mother, certificates, photos etc. Made by Jackson who made Randy's original and were allowed to recreate it exactly.

Bloody hell but I want one!! But can I get it with a Floyd? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Re: 9.5K worth of guitar

Post by poserboy71 »

I love the guitar, but I still think that those prices are fucking ridiculous. To put black duct tape on the back and correct a few minute details to charge that much. FUCK THAT.

I tell you what though, the Rhoads family are super people.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i love the old jackson logo.. would they do that for any custom guitar?

Obviously i like the vv model but you get a lot of collectability with the roads and not risk.

The vv model should be 4k in my mind or 3k to sell. the gold one maybe 5k
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This guitar will not present like new, as I'm sure you're all aware. Every nick and mark that Randy's actual guitar has you will have. These are a LOT cheaper than the EVH version.

It's a lot of money but it's coming from a company like Fender, who have done this before.

The brand is solid, the guitarist it's linked with is solid. Other versions not quite as accurate in the actual guitars physical properties have still been expensive. They are all awesome, but this one is the ultimate Randy Concorde guitar. It has provenance.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It is the ultimate Randy guitar but...

NEWBEGINNINGS
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

I really don't get the 'with all the nicks and scratches' thing that they do these days. Waste of money IMO, I'd much rather have a pristine original of what my hero(s) play.

(Look! Mine has a burn on the neck just like Eddie's, but mine's fake! :? wow :? )
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

My sentiments exactly.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not into relicing for other guitars, but for Randy's, which is a time capsule now, I can dig it.

I saw a Custom Shop Fender that had been reliced a few years ago. The defects in the paint had been cleared over!!!! What a loser way to do things.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:This is what spending 9 and a half G's is all about. Lists for more than that but you get a case (it's a repro of Randy's road case) and free shipping in the USA.

http://www.mattsmusic.com/RRTRIBUTE-prod.html

Has it all, authenticity, the blessing of Randy's mother, certificates, photos etc. Made by Jackson who made Randy's original and were allowed to recreate it exactly.

Bloody hell but I want one!! But can I get it with a Floyd? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HATE synchronized trems! $9500 with a synchronized trem? It is historical though Vic!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's the problem, I hate them too but it's all Randy had so that's what you get on this version. The first versions of these, known as LTD's, did have a Floyd option for those wanting an updated trem. They are not as accurate in the body dimensions etc as they have always gone from pictures/memory.

On my PCS Rhoads, which is a replica of Randy's second Jackson in black/brass, it has his original, smaller pre-production sharkfin inlays, which I really don't like the look of, but that's the way that guitar has to be. I would love it more visually with bigger inlays, but I love it anyway as it's a special guitar of Randy's.
doublev

Post by doublev »

None of these guitars are built to play. They are built for wealthy non players to hang on their walls. Sick. It's like a vegetarian collecting taxidermy.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

If you buy it you can do what you want with it.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

True, but it's still a fake.

I can understand buying the model that your hero uses/used (and do what you like with it), but to spend a fortune faking it's condition is beyond me.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yeah, I agree. But what player has 9k and wants a clone of a guitar someone else played. I just think the Target audience is wealthy collectors which a lot don't even play. It's like antique collectors or something.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, if there's a guitar you can buy today that is actually worth over 9K, then this is one of them. Choice between this and a VVMG I would always pay more money for this. Same for the other ones they made which were not full recreations and were in new condition.

Unfortunately for Tom, besides Vinnie's endorsement which holds little clout in the world, an AGZ guitar has no provenance to demand so high a price for it.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Plus vv will only sell to a select few.