tukoztukoz

Re: Jackson RR1 gold flakes #1

Post by tukoztukoz »

say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So both guitars are the #1 First Five Gold Flake RR? LoLs.....

Gee, on the first one, how could someone treat such a nice guitar like that? And that case is not a $300 bonus, it's just the regular case you get these days, the original case would actually be the G&G that the second guitar does come with. It's big, but it's the bomb.

And now way was Mark going to bring that guitar in that case on a plane. I have two Rhoads with cases that big, a PCS with the G&G case and a more regular Rhoads Pro with a Jackson case of the same size and they are huge and annoying. It's like you're a keyboard player. Once I wanted to use the Rhoads Pro at a rehearsal so I just put it on the back seat of the car and just drove carefully, rather than dealing with the big case, ha ha.

More recently I did buy a new, smaller case like that first one, for the Pro and I am going to one day mod the Rhoads case to fit my Monster VVV. One day.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I still have my gold RR1 #30, and the case is huge, true! Maybe bigger than Jackson cases, and heavier too.

About those RR ads, I think it’ s the same guitar, the second one is ended, and the first one is the actual available. Seems to be Mark’s guitar, cool!
say two sky two say fare
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

That is one good looking guitar!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Cool bananas!

I thought it may have been the same guitar as well. Though that case situation is curious? Interesting that Mark got #1.

Wish I'd bought one back in 2012 from a former member here who had put it up on ebay in Australia. It ended up going for about $2500 if I remember correctly? The US and Oz dollar were worth about the same at the time. I remember being on holiday, walking through Brisbane going to catch a ferry to cross the river, umming and ahhhing about whether I would bid on it. I decided not too as I had another Jackson I was eyeing off, at the same time! Cue Vic's rage! :P :P :P The seller lived in Brisbane too! I could have met up, chatted about Vinnie, then taken it home with me on the flight back! Oh well. Snooze ya lose!

The cases would be big, I know my Jackson VVV ( ;) ) G & C case is HUGE!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wait, what, you were on holiday? As in, a time in your life when you weren't working?....I don't beleive it!

Hindsight is always 20/20, we see what a bargain that guitar would have been, but at the time it was, yeah, I dunno, maybe!

The caase definitely would have given you trouble on the plane, it would not have fit inside, as Mark was having trouble.

The idea for touring musicians is they may have the original and sweet case for their guitar, but they would also have a full on, super tough and heavy touring case which can survive being with the luggage handlers.

I'm not into those cases, as I baby my guitars to gigs in their regular cases, as I don't fly to gigs, but if I did, I'd have that other case for that, to protect the gutiar, and the original case from harm.

My guitar guy, Vance Custom Guitars, sells all his guitars with flight cases, ready to tour the world. Great, but too much just to cart a guitar around in my house and car. But kudos to him for going the extra mile and using high quality parts all the way in his guitars.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:03 pm Wait, what, you were on holiday? As in, a time in your life when you weren't working?....I don't beleive it!
Yes it's true! It was February 2012. Myself and one of my guys were flown down to watch India play Sri Lanka in a One day (cricket) match by one of the companies we buy from. Flights, accommodation and full service box seat tix to the game. Sadly, it was the last time I got the "royal treatment" as the company doesn't do that anymore! :(

Was lucky enough to get that three times. Those were the days....

Guitar would have been nicely wrapped up and put with the check-in luggage, not on a seat!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I wonder where that guitar is now?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Found the old thread in the buy and sell section. It’s still in Oz in New South Wales.

Probably on the north coast somewhere... 😜😜😜
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's still fairly close by!