Happy 10th anniversary!!!!

Non Vinnie discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Happy 10th anniversary!!!!

Post by Genebaby »

This weekend it has been 10 years since this Vinnie Vincent haven went live!

A lot of crazy stuff has gone down (and up!) in that time.

Vinnie was quite active in the early days, having taken over the prevous board, then really running it into the ground after he locked it and we left.

There were the early board wars between us and Vinnie, which culminated in a hoard of Vinnie's followers coming here to spam the place. That took a while to clean up.

There was the $500 to join Forum idea that Vinnie had. Shame that one didn't take off.

Eventually Vinnie did go quiet again, only to resurface during "the incident", which was amazing, to have Vinnie in the actual news, but sadly not for something good.

Then, after a strange time of posting messages via Youtube he went quiet again and we settled into a groove of wondering, which was pretty normal to most of us.

Then, there was the grand re-emergance in Atlanta and the promise of so much to come, which sadly it did not.

We are again in a period of quiet. We've had some "parties", but it really isn't what was promised and what the majority of the fans wanted. But that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

During this time of Covid 19 there was another chance to do something cool, like Paul Stanley and Bruce Kulick, among many others was doing, but so far that hasn't happened either.

All the fans want is to know Vinnie is well, and if we can see a glimmer of music, even better.

Everyday is a new chance to make things better. There is always time to fix things, until there isn't. I hope time doesn't run out.

I hope you've enjoyed having a place to rant all these years.

Vic
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Re: Happy 10th anniversary!!!!

Post by Slayer »

YES :-)
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

I'm glad to see the forums still running after a decade. I was keeping tabs here and there on Vinnie and always thought about this forum whenever something crazy happened in Vinnie's life. Lots of passion of the people on this forum that love music and details in all things music.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks guys. It's a labour of love and it's to ensure there is always a place on the web for Vinnie fans. What we have here is stability, and that's a good thing.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Happy 10th!
...and thank you Vic!
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

tukoztukoz wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:25 am Happy 10th!
...and thank you Vic!
Thanks buddy!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes. Thanks to Vic and all of us for keeping the dream aiive.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

And what a dream!!
DarrenD

Post by DarrenD »

We are living in a vitally important timeframe in music history, and you all are part of it.

The electric guitar, KISS, Vinnie, etc. are all original innovators of Rock N' Roll history. I'm going to guess that most people on this forum are in their 50s/60s. Think about it, you all grew up in the 1980s, a decade that forever changed the music scene: advanced analog gear, guitar innovations, guitar solos, MTV, etc. When people 200-300 years look back at this decade, they will want more information and really appreciate this era of music.

I was talking to Andy Picaccio a few months ago, current CEO of Floyd Rose and former Vice President of Kramer guitars. I was trying to get Floyd Rose info from back in the day. Floyd and Andy can't remember a lot of details of those days. Hell, Andy is over 60 now. I told him, "Andy, you know you and Floyd and you may be dead very soon. You are primary sources for information. Once you're dead, who is going to get specifics?" He really thought about that (and thought it was comical). Overall, he realized the importance of getting this information now. Once primary sources are dead, it's difficult to get specifics. He told me he has many photos, videos of the Kramer days that no one has seen. I tried to convince him to release it because it may never happen if you wait.

Recently on Floyd Rose's official website, Andy mentioned he will be releasing photos of the old Kramer days that haven't been seen. Thank God! (maybe I was a part of this?) If he dies, we may never get it. This is an example of the importance of information in today's age. They don't realize we are living in the most vital electric guitar age in human kind. Think about it, the electric guitar is only 70 years old and music recordings similarly old.

All this VV info will be extremely valuable to someone in the future. 100-200 years -YOU GUYS WILL BE DEAD! You grew up listening to Vinnie, captured all the information available during your time, and will pass it along to whoever is interested. You are all great secondary sources to provide information to the future generation. 400 years from now: "KISS seemed to be this very important rock band in the creation of Rock. They seemed to have this guy named Vinnie Vincent, what was his deal?" Says some guy working at the Smithsonian or KISS history museum. Or perhaps some MTV historian showing "Boyz are Gonna Rock" as an educational documentary to people of 2400 A.D. I mean, imagine watching this stuff 400 years from now. What the hell are they gonna think?

The electric guitar, rock, etc. is very new. Damn, do you guys know you are living in the most important rock n' roll historical timeframe in the history of humankind? I think not. We are in it. In comparison to human history, recorded music is new, electric guitar is very new, and there will be some guy 400 years from now trying to gather info on Vinnie Vincent, KISS, VVI, and say: "Thank god these guys did this." But dammit a lot of what we discuss will be GONE. "VV Washburn, what's the deal? Well this dude named DarrenD, Genebaby, and Shramiac talked about it 400 years ago on this weird thing they called forums back in the day....early internet discussion that hasn't been used in 300 years. But we can't understand the coding or words...too old. We acquired this guitar from a vault and have no idea what it is. Can you recover this thing called the VV forums where these dead dudes talk about it?" Hopefully they have good recovery servers then.

This applies to most things regarding the era: EVH, 80s rock, recording, music labels, etc. There are so many experts on EVH on what he had, played, etc. It's crazy how much knowledge they have. They are all in their 50s, 60s and no one else will possess/know unless documented. Think about it, many you (and EVH 80s fanatics) will be in nursing homes or dead in 20 years. What then? Who takes over?

It's just something to think about. We all may seem like obsessed crazies on information, but eventually, some historian will enjoy the deep information we all discuss once you are all dead. It's a nice post-mortem thought to you all. :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

LMAO

100% correct though.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, I'll keep this place going as long as I can, and maybe pass it onto my kid to maintain, lol....

Still in my 40's, but ain't getting any younger!!