Post by doublev »

going through good headstocks

http://www.kevinchilcott-luthier.co.uk/ ... mepage.htm

i thought the medley head stock was ok

anyone else?
doublev

Re: best headstock designs??

Post by doublev »

also Kevin who made the Royal Guitars with the wholes in is a VV fan and wanted to make the double v for him. He is an amazing guitar maker. The necks are as good as I played and he used only the highest grade wood.
he was a member of the dv board.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I like Jackson headstocks and the Charvel version of the Fender strat headstock. There is something cooler about the Charvel strat heads.

Bad headstocks? The two from GMW, especially the one dubbed "the ballsack".
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I like a reversed Jackson and the Ibanez headstock!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

How about the Lynch esp's?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I own an E.S.P. Kamikaze with the reverse banana headstock. I always have loved that look.

Bruce Kulick played that blue Kamikaze-like guitar on the Revenge tour. One of my favorite guitars of his.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Banana style.. just like my man tits are looking like today.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Was lynch the first to make reverse headstock popular. Robin guitars claim to be the first to do it, but i can not recall anyone using robins.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Robin may have been the first mass produced guitar with a reverse headstock. I never thought of it before . The only person I ever saw play those on a regular basis as their main guitar was Tim Kelly. Yep, I said it !!! :D :D :D

Stevie Ray and Jimmy Vaughan did a fun lil' thing( "Pipeline" ) on a Robin doubleneck years ago. Youtube it !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Who's tom kelly?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tim Kelly, Slaughters original guitarist. How could you forget he played Robin guitars Dino!!!!

Robin may have done the first reverse headstock, but did anyone notice?..lol...great guitars though....

When I get the chance, I'll post some of the ugly GMW ballsack headstock.....
metatron

Post by metatron »

Love the.Kevin Chilcott's Custom Electra MkII Royal. Always wanted that exact guitar.

I love the original Peavey Vandenberg Head stock. Got two of these guitars. Love the 3 steps .A Work of Art.Think the AZG Pear ripped it off a little.

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Also love the newer Peavey Vandenberg V type. This is one of two V types I have. Got a Black one too. Cool headstocks
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Like the headstock on the BC Rich JR V NJ Deluxe. One of the reasons I purchased one. Hate that dumb metal horn looking BC's.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I got a royal. Awesome guitar. Tom looks such a good guitar maker but Kevin would have been a good choice too.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Show photos of the Royal
doublev

Post by doublev »

Royal didn't have too many endorsees .. tigertailz ,, nuclear asult and some euro bands. But the ekektras and strats were awesome
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nice top on that Peavey Dan. And yes that BC Rich huge headstock IS ghey!!!

The ESP banana head looks good but the Kramer banana that Eddie had on his 5150 was "Bruce Lee's brother"!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dannii, how many guitars do you have right now?
Go ahead cough up the number and make Vic and I envious! :-)
metatron

Post by metatron »

In Australia, forget it...No sign of Royals, The only reason I know about them is cause I'm a big Tigertailz fan. And for the rest of my guitars, fluked getting the two Peavey Vandenberg in second hand store. Purchased my Charvel 750xl from a second hand store. Purchased the Gunslinger new. Purchased my Charvel model 4 new. I imported my two Peavey Vandenberg V types, Imported my two Fernandes Ravelle. Purchased the Takamine acoustic new. Imported my Godin Multiac Spectrum Steel SA. Imported by BC Rich king V. Imported the BC Rich Bich. Imported my Jackson Roswell Even had to import my pink Jackson RR5 & pink Jackson Dinky (for my Daughter). Imported my TTM. And Imported the ESP LTD KHJR Kirk Hammett Jr 3/4 (for my Daughter. Australia doesn't have the population & we are the ass end of the world. If you want selective stuff you got to import it yourself. Retails won't even import them for you. Thank God for Ebay & stores like Musicians Friend. So Kevin thats 18 guitars, two of them my 3 year old daughters. Wife is gonna kill me one day.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, the legend of the GMW Ballsack headstock.

A bit of history. I hate GMW with a passion. They could do some stellar work but only gave me the shaft, big time.

In their day they were excellent and making an old school Strat Head Charvel.

After being given a cease and desist notice they came up with thier own headstock designs, which we know is hard to to.

One of them was this:

Which became this:

Ballsack = BIG FAIL!!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO...as my dad would say 'eh wrongo!' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:In Australia, forget it...No sign of Royals, The only reason I know about them is cause I'm a big Tigertailz fan. And for the rest of my guitars, fluked getting the two Peavey Vandenberg in second hand store. Purchased my Charvel 750xl from a second hand store. Purchased the Gunslinger new. Purchased my Charvel model 4 new. I imported my two Peavey Vandenberg V types, Imported my two Fernandes Ravelle. Purchased the Takamine acoustic new. Imported my Godin Multiac Spectrum Steel SA. Imported by BC Rich king V. Imported the BC Rich Bich. Imported my Jackson Roswell Even had to import my pink Jackson RR5 & pink Jackson Dinky (for my Daughter). Imported my TTM. And Imported the ESP LTD KHJR Kirk Hammett Jr 3/4 (for my Daughter. Australia doesn't have the population & we are the ass end of the world. If you want selective stuff you got to import it yourself. Retails won't even import them for you. Thank God for Ebay & stores like Musicians Friend. So Kevin thats 18 guitars, two of them my 3 year old daughters. Wife is gonna kill me one day.
Nice! Very Nice! - Thanks for answering. My wife feels the same way :lol:
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:
metatron wrote:....the two Peavey Vandenberg in second hand store. Purchased my Charvel 750xl from a second hand store.... Purchased the Gunslinger new. Purchased my ....Charvel model 4 new..... So Kevin thats 18 guitars, two of them my 3 year old daughters. Wife is gonna kill me one day.
Nice! Very Nice! - Thanks for answering. My wife feels the same way :lol:

Well Kevin, at least I'm in good company
:D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Part of the reason I don't have a wife anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:Part of the reason I don't have a wife anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on Poserboy, more information....It's time to cough up...Time for 'confession of a serial guitar addict'.. How many & want are they? Also which was the guitar that broke the camels back. :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Soon. I want to take pictures .Let's just say that I suffer from "Noah's Arc Syndrome". :shock: :shock: :shock: As for the one that broke the camels back, I will say ALL OF THEM. She didn't like anything that brought me any enjoyment . :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You've ALL got a serious GAS problem!