Jason Becker guitar

Non Vinnie discussion
doublev

Jason Becker guitar

Post by doublev »

any comments on this guitar? I know it was an Ash body but the new re-issue was maple.
doublev

Re: Jason Becker guitar

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

this is the re-issue http://www.paradiseguitarsusa.com/jason_becker.html
i don't like the headstock too much
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good headstock designs are hard to come by. Jackson made a copy of this for Jason a few years ago.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

any pictures of the jackson??
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

the becker family has contacted Buddy blaze bout doing this guitar again for becker if i hear anything ill let you know.. :-)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I was at a Hard Rock Cafe' years ago and think I saw the original . Where is it ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

the jackson one has black pick ups.. seems like they toned it down a little.

I am not a real big fan of the numbers on the neck.. reminds me of those telephones for the elderly.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The Jackson was a one-off prototype. Can't remember now why they built it.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i can not believe becker used Hurricane guitars. those things were basically student guitars.. goes to show you can make anything sound good.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Probably took the first endorsement they could get then got a decent luither to get them to a playable state! Then Carvin came through for the second album.......hmmmmm now where have I heard that happen before! :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:The Jackson was a one-off prototype. Can't remember now why they built it.

Yeah, weird! He never used Jacksons I think? It is a wonder since Peavey made the 1st, that Jackson would make a copy??
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote:the jackson one has black pick ups.. seems like they toned it down a little.

I am not a real big fan of the numbers on the neck.. reminds me of those telephones for the elderly.
I think it was meant to look like a wooden kids you. Just guessing as my daughter has toys that look like that...Big painted numbers on a stained wooden background.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:
Genebaby wrote:The Jackson was a one-off prototype. Can't remember now why they built it.

Yeah, weird! He never used Jacksons I think? It is a wonder since Peavey made the 1st, that Jackson would make a copy??
It had something to do with Jason, like it was for him or something, I can't remember.

They didn't just do a copy for the sake of it. It was some sort of tribute or something.

The details are on the JCF (Jackson Charvel Forum).