Going to some shows

Non Vinnie discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Going to some shows

Post by Genebaby »

I've just got my ticket to see Gnr at the V8 Supercars Grand Final in Sydney this morning, haven't seen them since 1993 when they were at Easter Creek.

I didn't go to their show a few years ago as the new album wasn't out and I wasn't interested then but I like the new album so I'm keen to see the show.

Also in December is Bon Jovi, which the wife loves so we're seeing that in Brisbane and turning it into a Gold Coast holiday after until Christmas Eve. Bon Jovi tickets were a crazy price.

Also seeing Metallica in November. Another band I've boycotted many shows for and haven't seen since 1993. Not a big fan of their new album but it's better than the last one by a LOT!!! I figured it's time to check them out again too.

Earlier this year I saw AC/DC, Ace Frehley and Lady Gaga, who were all great.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Honestly ,I sneak into most shows that I go to . The only band that I have no problem paying for is CHEAP TRICK ,who always deliver the goods.I just went to see them and SQUEEZE last week. AWESOME.

I have to mention this. There is a QUEEN tribute band called 'ALMOST QUEEN' that is incredible. If they are in your area , GO TO THE SHOW !!

----The Poserboy has spoken----
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

Sounds cool! I saw Guns n Roses this year and loved it. I like the new album a lot and I really enjoyed when they performed some of the new tunes. That was my fav. part of the show.

Saw Bon Jovi a year or two ago and was also very good. They never seem to disappoint. Very good live!
I saw KISS two time this year, was excellent!

How was Gaga btw?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Batman, Gaga was excellent. Though I was by far not the first person in line I manged to be front row centre for the show and the "squeeze" was tremendous for the whole time. Well worth it though. I really liked her with The Fame, but the Monster EP is just another step above, was glad she came with the new show and all those new songs.

Rick, I saw Cheap Trick with Def Leppard and I gotta say I wasn't impressed. This was last year. The Leps were a lot better. Trick was sloppy and noisy, like they weren't give us their best. It was still a good double header for us.

I'm looking forward to Estranged and hearing some new tunes with GnR, I just hope Axl hits the stage on time!

I last saw Kiss in 2004 and was wondering last week how I missed their 2008 shows. I can't remember a reason I didn't go as until last week I thought their last shows here were in 2004, but they weren't. Saw them in 2001 for the Farewell tour, 5 times on the Reunion tour in '97 and in '95 when they finally came back to Australia after 15 years!!
teej

Post by teej »

Have only seen Yngwie, Steel Panther and the Wildhearts over the last 18 months ,,, knocked back the chance to see Scorpoins here in a month or so .. not a fan and tickets are stupidly expensive although Cinderella are supporting in the US I dont know if they are playing here but would love to see them someday ..

Would love to see GnR again .. saw them twice with the origional line-up (minus Smackead Adler) .. absolutely adore the new album although I know a lot of people that cant deal with it at all

Looks like I´ll be seeing Twisted Sister here in November .. yay :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Twisted Sister?...cool!

I'd like to see the Scorps, big fan of theirs, love Matthias' guitar work, very tasty player. Them with Cinderella would be a cool show to come here.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm going to see UNKNOWN HINSON this Firday in Toledo ,Ohio. I suggest everyone here Youtube's this guy. He is an incredible guitar player and has a very fun gimmick . He's The KANG of Country Western Troubadors baybay !!

Check him out !!! -PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:Have only seen Yngwie, Steel Panther and the Wildhearts over the last 18 months ,,, knocked back the chance to see Scorpoins here in a month or so .. not a fan and tickets are stupidly expensive although Cinderella are supporting in the US I dont know if they are playing here but would love to see them someday ..

Would love to see GnR again .. saw them twice with the origional line-up (minus Smackead Adler) .. absolutely adore the new album although I know a lot of people that cant deal with it at all

Looks like I´ll be seeing Twisted Sister here in November .. yay :D
This I love has to be one of the best ballads Axl has ever written. And Street of dreams is great. I remember standing at the concert with a buddy of mine and singing like REALLY loud when they played it. Everybody else was looking at us and probably thinking "What the fuck is this?" or "what song is that?" Man..the new songs were the best part of the show. they nailed em!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71 wrote:I'm going to see UNKNOWN HINSON this Firday in Toledo ,Ohio. I suggest everyone here Youtube's this guy. He is an incredible guitar player and has a very fun gimmick . He's The KANG of Country Western Troubadors baybay !!

Check him out !!! -PB71-
Who the heck is this guy? Not my cup of tea I gotta say, but have fun at the show. How old is he now?
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

A fellow Gaga fan! I thought I was the only person in the world who liked both Vinnie Vincent and Lady Gaga. For an extra credit project in chemistry we did a parody of one of her songs and changed the lyrics to be about cake :D
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
teej

Post by teej »

how do you hurt Lady Gaga? .....

Poker face hehehehehe
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:how do you hurt Lady Gaga? .....

Poker face hehehehehe
Dude, that's old.....but I still find it funny 8)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:A fellow Gaga fan! I thought I was the only person in the world who liked both Vinnie Vincent and Lady Gaga. For an extra credit project in chemistry we did a parody of one of her songs and changed the lyrics to be about cake :D
No idea, but I'll guess Weird Al?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:I'm going to see UNKNOWN HINSON this Firday in Toledo ,Ohio. I suggest everyone here Youtube's this guy. He is an incredible guitar player and has a very fun gimmick . He's The KANG of Country Western Troubadors baybay !!

Check him out !!! -PB71-
Who the heck is this guy? Not my cup of tea I gotta say, but have fun at the show. How old is he now?
He can play a mean guitar. He has silly songs and has a great schtick. When he's not in character ,he plays in Billy Bob Thorton's band 'The Boxmasters". He's probably in his late 50's ,early 60's. Just some fun stuff. He has some comedy skits on Youtube that are hilarious!! He's coming closer to my town next month so I'm gonna go see him then.
-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

saw Yngwie with Lita Ford and Greg Howe opening up. Yngwie got close to selling out arenas in the states during the late 80s. I am not sure how as he wasn't blasted over mtv as much as some.

It seemed that Yngwie and Joe Lynn Turner were not so friendly with each other.. not sure if thats the case.

I saw Cinderella I think with the Bulletboys. I though Bulletboys had a great singer and a couple of good tracks. I loved the remake of the OJs tune.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's hard to believe that the singer for the BulletBoys actually HAD the Ozzy gig for a day or so after Randy died. :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

say that again? i have no idea the singer in bulltboys was a guitar player for ozzy?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A drugged -up Ozzy gave him the gig after Marq auditioned for the band. Tommy Aldridge and Rudy quickly put an end to his tenure.Read Rudy Sarzo's book 'Off The Rails'.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

cool. i never really followed ozzy. i loved shot in the dark, but Zakk Wylde was not my brand of chinotto.

I thought he had a good voice that guy.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Zakk's playing doesn't flow enough for my tastes. Jake E. Lee is one tasty player though. Jake incorporates all of the tricks INTO the music. Zakk's solos annoy me. Zakk's acoustic stuff is very good and his voice(as you said) is really good on THOSE tunes.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Zakk was cool until he began looking like an unwashed viking....so sad.

Ozzy's albums up till No More Tears area really good.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I can see and hear that .

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

AVENGED SEVENFOLD! Aug21! I have to see the as the band may not exist after this tour.
Batman

Post by Batman »

TJMonster wrote:AVENGED SEVENFOLD! Aug21! I have to see the as the band may not exist after this tour.
Album out on monday! at least in Norway. I saw them once in Norway with the Rev still hitting those skins.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I believe that A7X will continue. I don't believe they would be doing this tour if they didn't want to continue. R.I.P.- Rev

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

HEY ! less of the Viking bashing
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:HEY ! less of the Viking bashing
teej

Post by teej »

dear god .. am sure I used to work with that guy hahaha
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Teej in 10 years . :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:dear god .. am sure I used to work with that guy hahaha
Well...Vikings got to stick together..don't they ? :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

ME- now !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

I prefer this look hahaha
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

That should be the picture used to represent this forum !!! :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:Image

I prefer this look hahaha
All this band need...is a gimmick
teej

Post by teej »

no gimick required .. red flowing cape .. glow in the dark pointy snakeskin thing .. good to go :P
Lil' Jack Horny

Totally agree with you guys on Zakk Wylde, though I'd say Ozzmosis is the last good Ozzy album, but even so, it only has a few good tunes on that one. My favorite Ozzy album is naturally The Ultimate Sin, in fact, I'm listening to Jake's live solo on Suicide Solution. No Floyd, which I think is really cool!
metatron

Post by metatron »

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/stores/sydney.aspx
Bruce Kulick 'BK3' Clinic - Exclusive SYDNEY Performance!

By popular demand! The return of ex-KISS axeman Bruce Kulick - for one night only!
Guitar hero Bruce Kulick has played with some of the world's best, from touring with Meatloaf on his Bat Out Of Hell Tour, to a lengthy tenure as lead guitarist for KISS, providing the rifferama on five of the band's studio albums, including fan fave Revenge! Currently on the road with legendary band Grand Funk Railroad, Bruce has taken a quick detour down under equipped with his critically acclaimed brand new solo album BK3. See, hear, meet and experience Kulick as he showcases tracks from BK3 and learn why he is one of the world's greatest guitarists!

Allans Music + Billy Hyde
228 Pitt St - CBD
Monday 4 October @ 7pm
Tix: $20

EXCLUSIVE ONLINE TICKET PRE-SALE ON NOW

OR Get your tickets @ the following Allans Music + Billy Hyde stores from Friday 20 August at:

Pitt St CBD
Clarence St CBD
Alexandria
Camperdown
Parramatta
Willoughby
Taren Point
Newcastle
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
birnie

Post by birnie »

$20 !
That's good value!
Lil' Jack Horny

I missed that you guys mentioned Marq Torien the first time I looked at this, and on that note: SMOOTH UP IN YAAAAAA!!!!