Wayne Charvel needs help

Non Vinnie discussion
Streetbeat

Wayne Charvel needs help

Post by Streetbeat »

Due to the "Camp Fire" worst fire recorded in the history of California, Wayne Charvel famous guitar builder of the stars has had his home and shop burnt down to the ground. He has lost everything he owns. And his family has lost their homes as well.

Any donations will be appreciated. Please keep the community in your prayers and please share this with your family and friends. Thank you, so much God bless, Michael Charvel.

https://www.gofundme.com/wayne-guitars- ... 40vAXXJVdE
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Wayne Charvel needs help

Post by Genebaby »

No insurance? I can't believe he would not have insurance.

Crappy way for such a devastating fire to start. We had one a week ago started from idiots burning out a car.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 am No insurance? I can't believe he would not have insurance.
Indeed! Very strange especially considering the guitars he would of had in his house?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

For sure.

And I was reading a comment saying insurance doesn't cover everything. Well, yes it does and should. That's the whole point of insurance, to cover everything in case something happens.

It's like idiots going overseas with no insurance, having an accident and crying for help. Geez, use your brain!
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 am No insurance? I can't believe he would not have insurance.
In this country, you are only required to have insurance if you are carrying a mortgage. It is a requirement of the mortgage company.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's the same here, you need insurance to cover if a bank or something has an interest in your house, but that's only for the building, not the contents. You can totally have one, the other, both or none, depending on your circumstances.

We had a bad fire 15 years ago and it revealed the people who owned their house but didn't insure it.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just saw this. Hope Wayne is doing ok. I was a huge Charvel (and Jackson) guitar fan, and emailed him several years back. He was kind enough to sign a couple of classic Charvel advertisements I’d printed out and mailed them back to me with a nice note. They are framed and still hanging on my wall next to my Charvel Model 5. I will have to check up and see how things are going for him. Thanks for posting this.