Rock soldiers coming and going...

Non Vinnie discussion
tukoztukoz

Rock soldiers coming and going...

Post by tukoztukoz »

Just thinking: since VV's return in Atlanta, some people have disappeared, while others made an entrance. Also this forum's been generally quiet since then, which is not the case on Kissfaq.
What's been going on? Any idea?
say two sky two say fare
Kuron

Re: Rock soldiers coming and going...

Post by Kuron »

I never joined KISSFAQ and can't remember when the last time I even visited their forum. Tends to be way too much negativity there. I only listen to the podcast if it sounds interesting.

It reminds me of the KISS mailing list back in the late '90s. That was really bad at the end. I made the mistake of asking politely if we could please quit talking about the Village People since it was a KISS mailing list. EGADS! I was labeled a homophobe and we had at least another week of emails spouting the virtues of the Village People. I left after that.

KISS fans are fickle. You have those who love KISS and those who love to hate KISS. The latter spend part of their day telling you how much they hate KISS.

I have been a KISS fan since the beginning. Has my love for KISS waned? Sure, but that love has never disappeared. As you get older, you reprioritize things in your life. Especially when you are way past the midpoint of your life. But, over the past year when I saw two different KISS tshirt designs at Walmart, I bought four of each one. As a musician, music is a major part of my life, but KISS is merely one of many bands I love. I am just glad I am in a position where I can afford to buy 8 KISS shirts if I see ones I like and buy a new CD if one comes out I want.

My daughter died 20 years ago.

My wife almost died a year ago. She had four emergency surgeries in a month, three of those were in a week and a half. She still needs a fifth surgery for a potentially life-threatening issue.

There is no greater priority in my life than my wife.

I do not have time or energy to waste on things I dislike. Life is too damn short and way too precious.

KISSFAQ: busy and filled with hate. VVForums: less busy and no hate. The lack of hate is why I am here. It is a wonderful group of people that I am proud to be a part of. You gals & guys rock!
Vinnie who?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

My heart hurts for you.
It is inspiring how strong you are.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I can't give/don't know a good enough answer but VVForums is the only forum I have ever been on, wouldn't have it any other way. :)
I don't mind the quietness at times. People come and go all the time throughout life.
Met some cool people and will be forever grateful. 😊
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We're a cool group at the VVFF. We're made up of newer sign ups, and those who have been on a Vinnie forum since the 90's, as they came and went.

The VVFF is here to stay, so it will always be home to fans of Vinnie and his music.

Sometimes it's quiet, sometimes it's not. It's all good either way.

Have your Vinnie say and have a good day!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
slim87

Post by slim87 »

I joined in January of this year, although I don't say much (about zero :D ) I do check in every single day to see what's going on. Thank each and every one of you for all the info you post. I truly appreciate it. I'm sure there's many here just like me!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We have ben spot on ...We have been completely wrong...
WE OWN IT ALL.
We honor Vinnie. He has honored us.
There is no other place on the internet that is comprised of the devotion we have shown him since the initial Vinnie forum of the 90's.
Honestly, we stirred the pot (like assholes) years ago because we couldn't get Vinnie to come out and play.
Now we know he is ready...
...and we respectfully will give him his sweet time to do so.

NEWBEGINNINGS
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Nice and cool comments!
I was just wondering about Tom or DoubleV for example. I hope they're fine.
say two sky two say fare
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Tom and DoubleV are both fine
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:50 pm Tom and DoubleV are both fine
Amen.
A very good man with integrity and class aplenty.

NEWBEGINNINGS
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Ok, good. Thanks
say two sky two say fare