My own webiste - Help

Non Vinnie discussion
Skwint

My own webiste - Help

Post by Skwint »

Folks i have always wanted my own webiste for 80's Glam/sleaze and rock music in General.

I have never done anything like this before and would appreciate a few pointers in the right direction as to where to start off - domain names/hosting/layout etc.

I wont have a forum - just reviews/news and links etc

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated - obviously i would link the VVFF forum :wink:

This has been thought of for a while but i believe i need to act rather than just think now as im getting on a bit :D
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: My own webiste - Help

Post by Genebaby »

Do a search for a hosting company, it's pretty cheap nowadays, especially over 36months, you get good discounts.

They'll sort out the domain for you too if you have one in mind that's available and then all you need to do is populate it with a web site.

I went with Hostgator as they are affiliated with the mob that I had the forum with before and as part of the deal they transferred the forum over and setup a few days of forwarding. Now I have more control and can take it elsewhere next time as I have all the files and the database.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

thank u.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
ozone73

Post by ozone73 »

If you need help with graphics/logos, banners, Flash work (intro,banners,etc), I may be able to help. It's something I enjoy doing.
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

thanks Ozone - got an illness just now - once i get back on track i will hopefully get it up and running.
ozone73

Post by ozone73 »

Hope you feel better soon!
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!