Best album you bought in 2016.

Non Vinnie discussion
shramiac

Best album you bought in 2016.

Post by shramiac »

For me with out a doubt....thanks to Birnie....was Stryper's Fallen! PIcked it up in May and it has come out of my car CD player only 3 times since.

Michael Sweet still kicking ass!!

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Re: Best album you bought in 2016.

Post by AnkhWarrior »

None. I use the internet for everything. And NO I do not do illegal downloads!!

Should start purchasing physical CD's though; would be smart to have in case the internet goes byebye.
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

Stryper's Fallen is an AMAZING album. My recent fave album is probably Revolution Saints. But since time fly these days it might even came out 2 years ago :D
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

shramiac wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:12 am For me with out a doubt....thanks to Birnie....was Stryper's Fallen! PIcked it up in May and it has come out of my car CD player only 3 times since.

Michael Sweet still kicking ass!!

If you liked Fallen a lot you should defenitely check out the SWEET/LYNCH (2015) album.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yep. Bought Sweet & Lynch before it. Haven't bought Sweet's "One Sided War" yet though. Local shops won't get it so looks like I'll have to do an "AW" ( ;) ) and buy the digital copy.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Yahweh !
What a top song with bloody fantastic solos.
Shows what a good solo can really sound like using the basic methods and not being Vinnie/blazing fast.
Some basic finger tapping and the regular stuff and it's just awesome.
Good old 2 solo tag team and love em both.....and then a mini wah wah blur which I wish someone would figure out and show me.
Love that part.

How's the Lynch/Sweet album ?
I've briefly listened to their youtube releases but nothing else
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

This was made JUST FOR YOU!!!! :P You have to put up with this guy's endless talking though!

You could work out Oz's second solo from this dude!

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I still buy a few physical CD's. Sometimes I don't even play them, I just use what I've downloaded either before or after I bought them.

Struggling to remember in full but last year I bought the Tesla live album. Very good as it's their whole first studio album live, with a not so good new studio track with Phil Collen, which I really thought would be better.

I also bought the KISS in Vegas packs, Vinyl, 3-CD, Blue Ray etc....had to do it.

And I bought the new Lady Gaga, but haven't listened to it much, she peaked with Bad Romance for me, that was such a good song.

I'm most excited about what I'll be buying very soon. The Turbo 30 re-issue from the Priest!!

Turbo remastered, with another live show from the Fuel For Life tour. Turbo is a fantastic album but the Priest Live album is just stellar, and the live video makes it even better. I'm looking forward to hearing this other show, not sure if a video will ever surface.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

I love Judas Priest! Especially classic Priest. I noticed the 30th anniversary Turbo package as well. Of course its cool but on the other hand Im very dissapointed with the content. With there releases I always hope there are a couple of unreleased/unheard songs. Remastered ... yeah nice ... remixed....wow wow, exciting. No, these anniversary sets only come out once or twice in so many years. It seems not a lot is available in the fault or the band just refuses to put them out. A downer for me.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm glad they didn't put any demo versions on there, I usually don't care about those. They did a few extra songs for Turbo which ended up on Ram It Down, which I don't listen too much for some reason. I did used to cover their cover of Johnny B Goode for a bit but it was a bit confusing for everyone as nobody knew that version, though I think it's a good one.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

I agree, demos of known songs are not that exciting but I wouldnt mind some tracks which didnt make the album though. But of course I am going to pick up this new Turbo release!
angusyoung666

Post by angusyoung666 »

Origins Vol. 1.
Ace's version of White Room alone makes it a worthy purchase.
n3p

Post by n3p »

A bit different, but Amorphis - under the red cloud
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Didn't mind that tune, Nick....but then Cookie Monster turned up and ruined it for me! :(
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Bon Iver 22, A Million
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

If iTunes and bandcamp purchases count, Lazerhawk's "Redline" and Gath Knight's "Goliath". What can I say? Retrowave is fucking awesome if you need a quick 80s fix. Or Synth Retro Core. Or whatever you want to call it. Seems to get a new name everytime you BLINK.

When it comes to metal, Blind Guardian's "At the Edge of Time" was purchased last year too, and it is pretty great. I listen to it from time to time when I'm working.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »