Kevein Spacey

Non Vinnie discussion
poserboy71

Kevein Spacey

Post by poserboy71 »

Some very good points made in a recent interview . I believe this pertains to every aspect of an entertainer's life.
It would be easier for him to just admit it . In a way, HE DOES. The photos that the paparazzi have taken in the past don't lie.
I could only imagine how fame really sucks. I say to my friends how I'd much rather have the kind of fame Brad Whitford possesses instead of Joe Perry for the simple fact that Brad can walk freely down the street with only minor recognition and yet still enjoy the perks of being in a band like Aerosmith.

AGAIN, I am not saying that Vinnie is gay or a woman,etc... , I am merely trying to focus on fame and the right to a private life. Do you think artists give up that right ? Read the article ,then discuss...
The more I read things like this, the more I feel like an asshole for worrying about someone that I am only a FAN of. It seems that Kevin is a happy and content individual. That is what I would love to here from Vinnie. That he is HAPPY. ALL OF US WANT THIS. How hard is it to answer that for your FANS ? UNTIL THEN , WE ARE LEFT TO ASSUME AND SPECULATE. "Someone " must enjoy the drama.

Kevin Spacey (Sort of) Addresses Gay Rumors in Interview

By Jett Wells Posted Dec 16th 2010 01:33PM

Kevin Spacey (Sort of) Addresses Gay Rumors in Interview The rumors regarding Kevin Spacey's sexuality have officially been reignited. In a new interview with openly gay Daily Beast writer Kevin Sessums, the two-time Academy Award winner made pains to not directly come out, but did talk candidly about his right to privacy when it comes to his sexual orientation. When Sessums told Spacey that there's no shame in joining the gay "tribe," the actor deflected without denying it.

"Look, I might have lived in England for the last several years but I'm still an American citizen and I have not given up my right to privacy," Spacey said.

But Sessums didn't back down, telling the actor that being gay doesn't have to be a private matter, and Spacey calmly argued the opposite.

"People have different reasons for the way they live their lives," Spacey said. "You cannot put everyone's reasons in the same box. It's just a line I've never crossed and never will."

Spacey has battled gay rumors for more than ten years, and they're certainly not likely to stop after this interview.

Later, when Sessums admitted to quitting acting because he was gay and didn't want to live a lie, Spacey argued that privacy isn't lying.

"I don't live a lie. You have to understand that people who choose not to discuss their personal lives are not living a lie," Spacey said. "That is a presumption that people jump to."

Near the end of the interview, the actor closed the discussion of sexuality by suggesting there may be more to him than meets the eye.

"Look, at the end of the day people have to respect people's differences," Spacey said. "I am different than some people would like me to be."

► Use Google to read the entire interview in context if you would like.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Kevein Spacey

Post by Genebaby »

Once you are famous, people want to know about you. Vinnie is no different, and music, especially the kind Vinnie released, can affect people more than acting. So the bond between fan and artist can be stronger.

We are no different and that's why we're here. We want to know all about Vinnie and each day that he remains silent makes things more difficult as we are left along to gleam whatever info we can from wherever we can.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

You don’t give up your right to privacy because you are in the public eye, sure the public and media will be invasive but the relationship generally feeds itself. In each case some kind of equilibrium is reached within limits and everyone is happy.

It’s only when something dramatically changes, like an intrusive reporter or someone does something stupid, or disappears or whatever, that there is a reaction and it takes a while to calm down.

A lot will depend on how the players play it but some scenarios, two already mentioned, will always leave some people wanting – for good or ill.

Don’t forget also that everyone in all camps have different expectations, opinions and strengths and weaknesses. The ones with either the largest vested interest or depth of feeling are always going to be hit the hardest, and the interests of the parties may not even overlap, let alone coincide.

I don't think anyone can possibly anticipate or dictate their own personal roller coaster of fame, no wonder no-one else understands it either.

Unfortunately hearing other’s opinions, let alone understanding them, to ease ones pain isn’t always possible for whatever reason...

...catch 22?

ps ...we are only a post away...
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

syncophile42 wrote:You don’t give up your right to privacy because you are in the public eye...

We all understand that . Maybe I worded it incorrectly. What I was trying to get across is that the person that wanted fame and achieved it should've been careful what they wished for. That's what I meant by "giving up" their rights to privacy or freedom. Someone is always going to want something from you. You will never be able to escape it.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Absolutely, but can people really know what they are getting into and how it is going to affect them? I doubt it.

And everyone has their own adgenda and way of dealing with things, and things change in and out of our control, receipe for disaster really.

We're all all human, well most of you are!
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
warmachine:D

Post by warmachine:D »

syncophile42 wrote:We're all all human, well most of you are!
I'm not.. "cause I'm a war machine" :wink: :lol: haha. Sorry. Had to say it..
1SG of the VVFF Army