10th Anniversary Tour

Non Vinnie discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

10th Anniversary Tour

Post by Genebaby »

Today, Dec 16 is my 10th wedding anniversary!!! And as such the wife and I are back in QLD where we honeymooned, but this time we have our 4.5yo daughter Serena with us!!

After arriving in Brisbane in time for Bon Jovi on Tuesday night, we headed to Surfer's Paradise yesterday and went to WetnWild water park today and a special dinner out tonight.

I initially thought my internet access wasn't going to work on the netbook and would have relied on the blackberry but it's all good here. It just didn't work in Brisbane for some reason.

We have another week here, doing all the theme parks at least once. They sure are different with the little one. It's great fun seeing her enjoy herself so much.

We've been looking forward to this for months, with all that OT at work coming in very handy!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: 10th Anniversary Tour

Post by shramiac »

If you go to Wet 'n' Wild (steady Rick & Dannii) watch out for the 8 lane slide that looks like a giant slippery slide that you'd see at a carnival, you know the type were you sit on a hessian bag (potato sack) to go down it! You tend to get airbourne over each of the humps but unfortunately the first parts of your body that land are the sensitive bits!!!!!! Still kinda fun though but achy, as only a man would know!!!! Rest of the park is pretty cool though. Movie World was better than I thought it would be too but that was years ago.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Oh and happy 10th anniversary obviously too!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for the heads up. The first thing I did this morning was the Aqua Loop. Whoa, what a way to start the day. That one is new from when I was there last.

We thought Serena could do that one you were talking about but she was just under the height restriction.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A very HAPPY 10th to you and your wife. Seeing things through your daughter's eyes will only bring your family closer together. So awesome !!!

I have to admit, when I read the thread title, I thought we were going to talk in depth about the C.O.T.N. tour.
Even though I love that tour,This is much better news that brings a huge smile to my face. There isn't much better in life than a happy family.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ha ha, yes Rick, I chose a cool title for this, as we are touring the same area we did 10 years ago. It's also in the lounge, which would have made you wonder.

We are still having a great time. Had a great dinner at Crowne's revolving restaurant last night, great view of the city.

Still deciding where to go today but Movie World has a White Christmas thing happening over the next three nights so I'm looking at the weather to see when the best time is to go.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:Today, Dec 16 is my 10th wedding anniversary!!! And as such the wife and I are back in QLD where we honeymooned, but this time we have our 4.5yo daughter Serena with us!!

After arriving in Brisbane in time for Bon Jovi on Tuesday night, we headed to Surfer's Paradise yesterday and went to WetnWild water park today and a special dinner out tonight.

I initially thought my internet access wasn't going to work on the netbook and would have relied on the blackberry but it's all good here. It just didn't work in Brisbane for some reason.

We have another week here, doing all the theme parks at least once. They sure are different with the little one. It's great fun seeing her enjoy herself so much.

We've been looking forward to this for months, with all that OT at work coming in very handy!!
Congratulations! Have fun and be safe!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Kev, we are having fun, but boy, it's tiring!! :D :D :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Our tour of fun in QLD is officially over. We got some great days in there in this very wet time and leave with days of it forecast.

Now we are at my wife's parents farm outside Albury in NSW for Christmas. It's their turn to have us this year.