Vinnie Vincent verses Roxette’s Marie Fredriksson

Non Vinnie discussion
metatron

Vinnie Vincent verses Roxette’s Marie Fredriksson

Post by metatron »

Saw Roxette Last Night. Marie Fredriksson is a Mega Warrior....

'On 11 September 2002, Fredriksson fainted in her bathroom, hitting her head and receiving a concussion. Scans indicated that Fredriksson had a brain tumor in the back of her head.
The diagnosis led to the cancellation of Roxette's planned performance at the 2002 Night of the Proms concert series. After waiting several weeks for the concussion to subside, she underwent successful surgery to remove the tumor. It was malignant and she endured months of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. She had difficulties reading, writing and counting for a period of time, and is now blind in her right eye. In January 2003, Roxette were awarded the 'Royal Medal with Blue Ribbon' by King of Sweden Carl Gustaf XVI. The ceremony was the first event at which Fredriksson appeared after her operation. This was one of very few public appearances she made during her illness. She withdrew from the public eye for almost two years. On 21 October 2005, Fredriksson stated, "It’s been three very difficult years", but in an interview with Jens Peterson published in Aftonbladet, Fredriksson says she has won her fight against cancer. "I’m healthy", she says. "I’m not receiving treatment any more."
'
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... 3bgt8.html
[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie Vincent verses Roxette’s Marie Fredriksson

Post by Genebaby »

I actually really like Roxette, but have never gone to see them play. I like the first two albums and a bit off the next. Like Abba, amazing pop from Sweden.

She is a true warrior, yes, and Vinnie a fallen, broken, sad sack of a warrior. He's a "once were warrior"?

I knew about her illness and come back but I didn't remember she was now blind in one eye.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

She'd didn't look well, & it was evident that she'd had an illness but she gave it her 110%.
& the audience respected her with multiple Standing Ovations.
No pity, just respect!
She's got the light in his eyes. And the look of a champion. A real champion!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool you went to see them man.

Look at what she was dealt, and look at how she handled it.

Look at what Vinnie got given, and what he did with it........
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is embarrassing how much he's failed.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Respect to her.

As for Vinnie, We may never know if he is dealing with a life threatening illness or just still dealing with the ghosts of his past.
We all wish he would just let go of his obsession with sticking it to Kiss BUT it looks as if his anguish is still strong.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS