Freezing cold in the US

Non Vinnie discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Freezing cold in the US

Post by Genebaby »

Which board members are experiencing the big chill I was reading about?

Where are you and how cold is it?

Is it getting worse each year, as I remember the past few years it has been pretty bad and I've noticed is.

So much so that I label this picture: Meanwhile.......in America......

Having been in the US during November and chasing the warmer weather to California along the way, I can't believe how bad it gets.

It was cool in California in November, at least in the evenings, a hoodie or jumper would have been nice at Disneyland and the theme parks but I kept forgetting.

Do you guys that live in the cold zones look at the calender and groan as these months come up?

Have you considered moving?

Now, living in Canberra, Aus, it does get cold here, but we don't get snow here, it's not high enough, but we do get some bitter cold at winter. Which is hard to remember right now in summer, but it will happen. I do like that we get all four season here, you can really enjoy each "time of year".

Pure cold I can handle, but I"m not sure what I'd do about snow and the weather that comes with it. I know they get this in the UK and other parts of the world but the only snow we have in Australia is in the mountains where the ski resorts are, so you have to travel if you want to see snow, save the occasional freak fall we get now and then.
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Re: Freezing cold in the US

Post by 1031 »

It was 6 degrees the other night then warmed up to 30 and we had freezing rain then snow. Its not getting worse it just goes through cycles. it will be 90 and 80% humidity in no time. I was in North Dakota one time 15 below zero wind chill 35 below that was freaking cold . The north east coast is getting hammered with snow though lots of roofs collapsing. The TV makes it all out to be worse than it is, we adapt quick.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oooh, 90 and 80% humidity doesn't sound much fun either! We don't get too much humidity here either, save the occasional sun shower, and then I'm all annoyed at the "tropical" weather we are experiencing, ha ha.

The north east coast does seem bad. Both our coasts here have pretty relaxed weather. Sydney is way warmer than Canberra. In winter in Sydney I can have a t-shirt on with the car window down. Not so in Canberra, ha ha.

I think California is the place for me, who's sponsoring and paying for us all to move over? :wink:
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Got down to single digits last week in NC... too friggin cold for me. It snowed but it just turned to ice. Had to let all the dogs sleep inside... which gets chaotic. :)

I love spring and fall... summer can get too hot and winter too cold but I do like experiencing all four seasons.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I am too busy masturbating in my warm house to notice the weather.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:I am too busy masturbating in my warm house to notice the weather.
As if the weather would make a difference anyway! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:I am too busy masturbating in my warm house to notice the weather.
As if the weather would make a difference anyway! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
EXACTLY !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

I'm in NJ and we're averaging about 18 degrees
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

18 degrees rocks.....wait...18F!!! No thanks! Best wishes to all getting through the next couple of weeks.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VVWarrior82 wrote:I'm in NJ and we're averaging about 18 degrees
18F? Whoa, that's colder than Canberra, plus you have snow etc right?

Are you pretty used to it?

Do you want to move somewhere warmer?

I don't like it too warm, so the warmer climates in Australia are nice in winter (mostly) and then way too hot in the summer, so moving is not a big consideration, I just put up with some cold nights and days and the rest is quite ok.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

13 degrees in Connecticut, with snow up the Wahzoo !!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

13 and site is even worse! Dude, I feel for you.

Autumn starts here on Sunday.