as well as Brian May's book about his guitar,
Image The Red Special.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Re: Whatcha Reading ?

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I haven't read a good book in a while...

Should pick back up on Mein Kampf.
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

the decline of the west
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

As no one talks about it now, I've read "Da Vinci Code". I thought we could ask Dan Brown to write some "Da Vinnie Code". Maybe he's the holy Grail?
say two sky two say fare
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I had some crazy ideas about a story with Vinnie inspired by Dan Brown's book a few nights before. I was half asleep maybe that's why it seemed so awsome. Unfortunately I can't remember anything of it now.
say two sky two say fare
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

AnkhWarrior wrote:I haven't read a good book in a while...

I tried reading that. Ironically, that is the book that always get stolen from the local library according to my friend who volunteers there. I think I got to the second volume (both original books [two volumes] are contained within most editions) and couldnt get any farther since Hitler just rambles on and on about doctrine not making very much sense. It wasn't until later that the Nazis had solidified their political ideology and it shows in Mein Kampf.

I am reading 1914-1918 The World Crisis by Churchill (World War 1 history), some of its pretty dry tactical bullshit. However, parts of it are enjoyable.
I also decided to bite the bullet and try to read Origin of Species by Darwin since biology has been an interest of mine since going to college. If I could have made it past the lab experience I might have gone that route but it seemed incredibly boring to me. Not taking chemistry in high school didnt help either.....since my grandparents didnt want me to go to college.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

MatthewF wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:I haven't read a good book in a while...

I tried reading that. Ironically, that is the book that always get stolen from the local library according to my friend who volunteers there. I think I got to the second volume (both original books [two volumes] are contained within most editions) and couldnt get any farther since Hitler just rambles on and on about doctrine not making very much sense. It wasn't until later that the Nazis had solidified their political ideology and it shows in Mein Kampf.
Yes I believe more than likely I have the book which contains both volumes.
And true. Mein Kampf is just the book of a mad man. I have always had interest in Hitler. My fav historical person.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Bank statements mostly! Sux paying bills and accounts, especially when your customers are slow paying! :(

But it keeps the world turning I guess.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
ankh

Post by ankh »

"Sinuhe" by Mika Waltari( an interesting book about ancient egypt during the time of Amenophis the IVth, aka Akentathon, completely fictional but based on a true fictional book written in ancient egypt).
"No God but God" by Rezla Aslam, about the time of Muhammad and the rise of Islam, very interesting, it explains a lot of things about it,it clears also a lot of misinterpratations, hightly accurate historical report.By the same author, "Jesus the zealot" was also a great report about historical and political situation in Palestine, and what supposedely really happened.
"High times", about the life of the rock and hippy community in Frisco back in the late 60's.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"