a statue for the space invaders...

Non Vinnie discussion
tukoztukoz

a statue for the space invaders...

Post by tukoztukoz »

IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG
I’ve been listening to a very nice 3CD box of Jimi Hendricks, unreleased tracks (live, studio…) in my car just before. My 6 year son, who likes to tease me, said « this is awful… ». I said no, you can’t say that... Then he asked me who is the greatest guitar player of all time. He didn’t want any answer, because he added „you!“
Very nice, but not true at all, I told him…
Anyway, I think it’s an interesting question : if people (young, old) from everywhere in the world were asked to mention the name of the most famous (not necessarily the best) guitar player of all time, what would it be? Or like if we had to build a guitar player statue for the space invaders that will come soon, who would be the model?
I hesitate between Django Reinhardt and Jimi Hendricks. What do you think?

PS for Vinnie : that Hendricks box-set is great, please do release yours!
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Re: a statue for the space invaders...

Post by shramiac »

Never owned anything by Hendrix! Just not interested I'll admit. Vinnie box set..... yes please..... one day.... hopefully?!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

My wife offered me that CD box three years ago and I only listened to it these days for the first time... I used to listen to him twenty years ago, and I made my opinion. Some surprises here with that box. I really enjoy the quiet, jazzy songs, like "Taking care of no business" or "Little wing" instrumental. Very fresh. Funny tracks also when he talks to aliens. I still don't like his noisy blues-rock songs.

Tomorrow I'll ask my dad, who's not into music at all, about the name of the most famous guitar player from his point of view. I'm sure he'll say Django or Hendricks, even though he doesn't know a single song from them...
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I also never got into Hendrix. I don't see the musical genius in his playing others do.

I'll stick with Vinnie's music. A CD box set would be nice, wouldn't it Vinnie?
Commander in chief - VVF Army