****IMPORTANT*** If you buy or sell guitars on EBAY

Non Vinnie discussion

****IMPORTANT*** If you buy or sell guitars on EBAY

Post by 1031 »

It seems that Ebay's shipping partner Pitney Bowes is inspecting instruments that use rosewood and if it falls under the restricted trade and sales laws it is being seized. The reports that I have verified are so far Indian and Brazilian rosewood, and have been international sales from the US to another country. One being Australia, so far Ebay on these cases has considered it a valid sale covering the seized item, refunding the buyer and allowing the seller to keep his sales proceeds... I don't expect this to continue as there is no way for Ebay to sustain the loss or that given there ability to squeeze every cent possible from a sales that they would out of the kindness of their heart. Expect a change in the written shipping polices and sorry charlie letters to those with seized sales.

Scratchyrat.com scratchyratgtr@twitter
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
MatthewF

Re: ****IMPORTANT*** If you buy or sell guitars on EBAY

Post by MatthewF »

I swear the legal system is written in such a way as to jail or to cause trouble for as many people as possible. If you fish and capture an endangered species in one country, that is THAT specific country's law forbids it, and customs finds it when you are back in the States you will be arrested and imprisoned. An example would be the Bony Fish in Venezuela. Capturing a lobster under a certain size is another example.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is nuts, if a guitar was built before the restrictions what is wrong with that?

I just bought a guitar but it was local and all maple neck but I think I saw an auction in the US mention something like this and not shipping international.

What a joke.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Commander in chief - VVF Army
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

Thanx, that explains something to me. I wndered, why two sellers would not ship their guitars outside USA... 8)
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
metatron

Post by metatron »

I went to buy my daughter this Peavey ¾" Composer Parlor Acoustic Guitar from an e-bay store.

Parlor-size body design
Natural or sunburst satin finishes
Spruce laminate top
Birch laminate back and sides
Mahogany neck
Body and neck binding
Offset sound hole for optimum resonance
Chrome machine heads (15:1)
14-degree angled neck
Two-way adjustable truss rod
Backpack-style gig bag included
24 ¾" scale length

Was looking all good. Was shipped & then I got a notice was that it was a 'restricted item'
Really pissed me off. Refunded my money & that was that. No real explanation. Not fucken happy about it.

On one hand 'they', Governments....WOLRD GOVERNMENT'' want globalism. (the bullshit even playing field crap that can't work) And then they don't want you doing anything like buying an item from another country.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

if you order a new guitar with Rosewood use Paraguayan Lapacho instead. It is the same species of Rosewood as the highest grade Brazilain Rosewood but grows just across the border in Paraguay. the trees are not protected and are older growth than brazilan rosewood and they supposedly are well managed as well as much cheaper. they opted not to call it rosewood just to get it through easier.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i played a brazilian rosewood body fender a few years ago and it was awesone sounding. i can not really tell much when using on fingerboard. I actually like maple boards for playing most but like the ebony and rosewood for looks. but i suck as a player anyway.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i would think that old rosewood would be fine. this will seriously damage prices of old guitars i would guess if they can not be shipped. I never ship guitars overseas anyway. with custom charges i always find its cheaper just to pick up guitar ones self. i check case in and put guitar in a gig bag and bring it on board. If you live in europe never fly direct from states. Eg flying from USA to Germany direct customs guys are waiting for american flights but if you change in Amsterdam there is no customs for connecting flights and when you arrive in Germany you are coming in from Amsterdam with no customs guys. but you wouldn't have a problem anyway if you just say you played some gigs in the states with it.
Bye Bye
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

In Germany there is an expert, author for "Gitarre & Bass" magazine, who makes reports about your guitar built before 1992. If your instrument was built with Rio Rosewood he can "legalize" it even without the original bill or custom papers.

Just mail to Carlo May at: prae1992@gmail.com

Cheers Stef
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Once again the law creates money for lawyers but does no real or measurable good.
metatron

Post by metatron »

ebay fucked me again. Found a way around them...I hope. Fucken cock suckers!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote:ebay fucked me again. Found a way around them...I hope. Fucken cock suckers!
Elaborate please????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

I have a big Dick & people do stuff for me :D
metatron

Post by metatron »

Find the shop.
Contact the shop.
See what the shop will do for you. Better deal?
Shipping cost...maybe a problem, but nothing that can't be 'fixed'
There you go.

Sometimes you Kick.
Sometimes....you get kicked.

FUCK EBAY!