Better lock up your daughters........

Non Vinnie discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Better lock up your daughters........

Post by Genebaby »

......I'm comin' to your town!!!!

Well........I may not come to your town but I'll be the closest I've ever been later this year!!

I'm officially booked to go on Kiss Kruise 4 with my daughter, so it's going to be a fantastic Halloween this year.

I wasn't all that fussed on these Kruises until a friend from work went last year and her enthusiasm about it was enough for me to say, stuff it, I"m gonna go. Plus I've always wanted to go to the US but have never done it before.

So I'm majorly looking forward to this and I'm formulating plans on how to organise the trip. At this stage the plan is to basically get to Miami first to do the cruise, then drive back across the country to LA before spending some time there to do things like Disneyland etc.

For the drive I was just going to do it casual, stopping at hotels along the way each night.

What do you guys in the US think?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Re: Better lock up your daughters........

Post by poserboy71 »

I will definitely make plans to see you.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That would be hella cool Rick. I wonder what we could get up to?
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Uuuuuh Vic, you sure you wanna ask Rick that question?!

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I really didn't think that one through ALL the way!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

In looking online it looks to be that you can do a better deal on renting a car when you get there than pre-booking, so I'm leaving that one until I am ready to leave Miami.

Thinking ahead just now I will have to look into how I will get there after we get off the boat, so I'll see if I can arrange something when I first land in Miami, for four days or so later, or if I just taxi it to the airport and get one then.

From talking with a friend who went a few years ago it seems that heading straight to the nearest Walmart to buy a new GPS is the way to go, and then we can be on our way.

I don't plan to book any hotels along the way of the car drive to LA until we get there either, just drive and find one to stay at each night. Obviously hand in hand with a rough idea of where they are when we are driving along.

Any thoughts on this?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vic, I am the same way. I like to improvise when I travel. Just wing it.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, looking at Google Maps I have mapped out what is a 3100 mile road trip to get to LA, approx 45 hours of driving!!!

After Miami I'll go past Graceland, stop in Dallas, see the Grand Canyon and then on to LA, with stops along the way as appropriate.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Vic, you're making me wanna go on a...
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

Europe, especially Germany, is nice too! And KISSIN TIME are on tour in MAY... :wink: :wink: :wink:
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm sure it's lovely Stef, but the Kruise is in the USA, and I've always wanted to visit, so the time is right this year.

PW, road trip from hell I think this will be!!

I'm starting to wonder if I've gone a bit overboard with the idea. 3100 miles is a LOT!!!!!

Post by 1031 »

Fantastic, you'll have a great adventure. If your going to hit Memphis stop on Beale street guitars and great food, hit Nashville as well , same deal take the Gibson tour. The Grand Canyon is very cool... if you Run through Saint Louis let me know I will put you up.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for the heads ups and ideas, and for your offer of accommodation, much appreciated.

I may have to apply for a green card and see if my department at work wants a US office, lol.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Kruise update! We will be on the boat one night early for the pre-party and I've just found out that Cheap Trick will be playing it! Not a bad little bonus.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:Kruise update! We will be on the boat one night early for the pre-party and I've just found out that Cheap Trick will be playing it! Not a bad little bonus.
8) 8) 8) 8)

Take a photo of me and show it to the CT boys. You might get a few humorous grumbles from Rick and Robin. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I thought you'd like that. I will have to deny all knowledge of you.

Should be pretty cool though, I'm looking forward to it.

They still haven't announced the other bands on the regular Kruise days.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This just keeps getting better and better. Kiss have released news they are doing a residency at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, and I have secured VIP tickets in row 10 for the Nov 19 show, which will be my last night in the US, so I head to the airport in LA the next day.

Very stoked about this, the timing was fantastic.

http://www.axs.com/series/805/kiss-rock ... ?skin=kiss
metatron

Post by metatron »

PinkWiz wrote:Uuuuuh Vic, you sure you wanna ask Rick that question?!

That's harsh. Rick is more than a gentlemen.
Sure he'll throw a Burger & a hand full of fries down Vics throat b4 he has his way with him.
I mean, shit! we aren't animals here.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote: Nov 19
An important day in Poser history. :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71 wrote:
Genebaby wrote: Nov 19
An important day in Poser history. :wink:
I'll be thinking of you Rickster. :wink:

In other news, it turns out that after Cheap Trick play the pre-party that Robin will be staying on the ship performing solo!

I've also entered a competition to meet the band before they play the pre-party.

My friend at work who went to Wal Mart and bought a GPS to use on his trip has updated his Garmin with the latest maps and given it to me, so I don't have to worry about that anymore, the GPS is ready to go.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok people's your daughters are safe for the time being. My awesome trip to the US has been CANCELLED!!!

A little over six weeks ago I broke my ankle and I've been off my feet recovering. Luckily I had already purchased insurance for the trip so I advised them of my accident and they then asked me to get my GP to officially advise that I was fit to travel. Today I saw her and she advised the opposite.

Before this I thought that broken limbs were something that happened to other people.

Until August 31. That was a big weekend as I drove to Sydney to see Lady Gaga again and drove home afterwards so I could race RC cars on the Sunday, which is also my wife's birthday.

Well, she got even less of a birthday when my brother called to let her know I'd had a rather nasty fall at the track.

I had just finished a race and I was marshaling the next race, which is where you help the cars if they flip over or get stuck. I am pretty keen at it and the race was almost over when a car needed me.

I ran to get to it but I didn't make it. I had slipped over and my foot hurt. When I looked at it I could see why. My worst nightmare, my foot was at an awful angle to my leg. I knew it was bad, really bad.

The hospital is not too far away but I was kept waiting over half an hour, lying on the ground, contemplating what had happened.

The biggest factor I think was that, like a lot of people, I wear old, crappy sneakers to the track, as they get really filthy when it's wet there. These sneakers have zero grip left I realised, which I wish I'd understood better before. I don't know when I'll be marshaling again but I will have shoes with good grip.

At the hospital it was confirmed I'd completely broken all three bones holding my ankle on, so it was a complete dislocation and fracture. After avoiding broken bones for so long I made sure I did a good job of it.

Below is a look at the xrays.

They put me under to realign the bones and put on a temporary cast. I went under again the next day where they put plates and screws either side of my ankle and another cast.

Here's what all that looks like:

The prognosis was to put no weight on that leg for six weeks, so I went back on Monday and they said I could now put weight on that leg, but walking again I am not, it's painful hobbling.

It's been an incredibly uncomfortable and painful recovery, which is still far from over unfortunately.

While I was lying around I bought some stuff to help ease the pain.

One off the items is a Line 6 G55 wireless unit for guitar, that I haven't even opened the box yet, but I will soon now that I'm up.

So at this stage it looks like Halloween 2015 will be our time, pending any more injuries, of which I hope to have no more.

Missing out on the Kiss show in Vegas this time around is the hardest part of not going this year, but that's the way it is. :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Holy shit, dude... here's to a speedy recovery.

That makes MY ankle hurt! Hope you got some good pain meds... :)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:( :( :(

Sadly, it's for the best you have to cancel the trip. You never know what could happen with the weaker ankle as it is!

Double bummer though!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Unbelievable Vic.....

You'll just have to book a camp site with us instead ;)
Acoustic Kiss songs round the camp fire :P
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Get Well, health is first, maybe next kruise ...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

PinkWiz wrote:Holy shit, dude... here's to a speedy recovery.

That makes MY ankle hurt! Hope you got some good pain meds... :)
Sadly there won't be a speedy recovery, but I will recover in time and I will be right to go, but perhaps not fully recovered, in 12 months. I'm learning how bad this kind of injury is as I go along
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah, another thing I miss out on is the Almost Famous competition on the Kruise.

First you audition via the web and those picked then going into another playoff on the first night of the Kruise and then three of each instrument get picked to learn a Kiss song and then play it for the ship on the last day of the Kruise, with Eric Singer hosting.

It was a bit tricky but I got in!!

I was planning to upload my video on August 31, after I came home *cough, cough* from the track. Instead I was asking the Kruise people from my hospital bed for an extension if I was too late, as the competition was due to close and I was leaving it kind of close, not thinking I was gonna break my ankle.

In the end I came home in time to submit it, but in my pain and haste to do so I stuffed up the permissions so when they announced the winners via the website I was bummed to see I hadn't made it. Then I noticed my video had received no views and I wondered how they had reviewed it. Well, of course they hadn't, but speaking to the same person I fixed the permission and they made an exception due to my performance being so good and me being so nice!!!!!!!!!

They advised the activities director that I was in but didn't make a fuss otherwise, I was just going to surprise the other Spacemen on the night as an extra competitor.

Since then I got an email informing us of the play-off on the first night and whether we were going to bring our own instruments or needed one provided. Drums were always provided. I, and a lot of others, asked for instruments. The hassle and danger of bringing your own, and then you might not even make it in, so that would suck.

Well, that won't be happening for me anymore so there won't be any surprises for the other budding Spacemen. I guess someone will film the competition so it will be interesting to see what happens.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Damn. So sorry. Also for your daughter.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Sorry Vic....here's something to help speed up your recovery !!!Image
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Ed, where has she been the past six and a half weeks??????

For all you out there being squeamish about this, when I think about it too much I'm the same!! It's horrible to think this happened to me, that I snapped my ankle completely, uggh, it makes me shudder.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

She's been busy nursing Kev & Ric with their respected "Splinter's" :shock:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Splinters!!!!! I'll one-up their splinters!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Think Ed means they're having the poison sucked out!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yes, of course!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I am full of poison. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I bet you do Rickster, I bet you do! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Boy, almost seven weeks in and there is still considerable soft tissue edema (swelling) when compared to my regular foot. What's been making this worse, and if you look at this picture and at the X-ray with the screws you may see it, is one of the screws is way too close to the surface, so it's been painful when the boot is on to walk with.

At the moment it's still needed to keep things in place for a bit longer but not too much longer cause we want to take it out in case it pops through, and to make things less painful. I'm booked in for day surgery on the 9th to have that screw removed.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yikes! Looks like a a bbq sausage! :( :( :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, there is clearly something not right there. I can't wait to get that screw out but by then I won't be using the boot, which is what is hurting these days. Oh the joy.

Post by 1031 »

Just seen this ! Ouch ! GET BETTER SOON !
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I wish you all the best, even though it'll take time as you said!
say two sky two say fare
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Wish you as speedy recovery :) just seen this.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

All the best for you my friend,

Wolfi
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

Wow man, what a bummer. Sorry to hear about your ankle, and the fact that you had to cancel the cruise & trip! Best wishes on your recovery.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thank you for the well wishes everyone, it's not been the best of time as you can imagine, but at least things are getting better, because.....................

..............Hold the phone and stop the presses!!! My daughter and I are heading to the US for the Kiss Kruise after all!!!!

By last weekend I had stopped using the boot and was getting around much better in sneakers, going shopping and otherwise being normal within reason.

So I figured I could hang out here doing stuff, or hang out in the US doing stuff. I saw the Dr and got the ok to travel due to my change in attitude about getting around and it's been ok'd by the insurance company.

So we fly out on Monday as planned. Thankfully my accident has not ruined this long planned trip after all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yay!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I gotta say, I wish the accident had never happened, but going like this is far better than not going at all, though I"m slightly more stressed about getting ready and packing now with so little lead time and an already fairly busy weekend schedule ahead. I'm sure it will all be fine though.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Outstanding!!
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

Glad you get to go dude! Hope you have an awesome trip. If ya happen to be close to south florida at some point, feel free to say hey.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks man, it is good to be going after all.

After Miami I head north, are you south of Miami?