New Jackson Guitars For 2014

Non Vinnie discussion
thattimeofyear87

New Jackson Guitars For 2014

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

http://jacksonguitars.com/features/coming-soon/

A couple of interesting ones...

RHOADS RRXMG
The Jackson Rhoads RRXMG has a basswood body, through-body maple neck and active EMG® 85 (neck) and 81 (bridge) humbucking pickups that deliver well-balanced tone with tight bass, glassy mids and crunching highs. Its bound compound-radius rosewood fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out. Other features include Floyd Rose® Special double-locking two-point tremolo, 24 jumbo frets and three-way pickup switching. Available in three new finishes for 2014 - Black with White Pinstripe, Black with Pink Bevels, and Black with Yellow Bevels.

JACKSON 30TH ANNIVERSARY SOLOIST
New for 2014, Jackson commemorates 30 years of sonic mayhem with the 30th Anniversary Soloist. This master-built limited-run homage to the godfather of high-performance guitars is the perfect combination of past and present, with features that evoke the Soloist’s debut year of 1984 and contemporary Jackson design elements.

Hand-built by longtime Jackson Master Builder Mike Shannon, the 30th Anniversary Soloist is armed with a poplar body and a three-piece quartersawn through-body maple neck with original-era “old skool” neck joint. Other fearsome features include a compound-radius ebony fingerboard with 24 frets and mother-of-pearl inlays, EMG® SA1 active single-coil neck and middle pickups, EMG® 81 active humbucking bridge pickup, three mini pickup-selector switches, top-mounted vintage-style “1984” Floyd Rose® bridge and more. Available in original Gloss Black, Ivory, Ferrari Red, Pink and Yellow finishes, and includes commemorative 30th Anniversary Soloist hard-shell case.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: New Jackson Guitars For 2014

Post by Genebaby »

I wonder where the Rhoads is made?

My 1987 Soloist is basically exactly as pictured, down to the EMG's and mini switches. It is Ferrari Red but has almost invisible Ghost Flames.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
n3p

Post by n3p »

I'm liking the soloist! Don't think I have enough space for another at the moment though :(

A Charvel Model 6 on the other hand... ;)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

30th anni model should have a Kahler to be accurate! :P :P :P

Kahler = blah!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Funny. This is a classic Soloist as specced with a Floyd. I am sure the price is crazy.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I think a Guthrie Govan Charvel would be awesome but........$$$$$$$$$$$ no doubt!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I have no idea what his model is worth, but l love the neck on it.