Rick Derringer

Non Vinnie discussion
BigEd

Rick Derringer

Post by BigEd »

Rick Derringer is playing Saturday night in my neck of the woods and I may have a "SLIM" chance to meet Him prior or after the show. Is the any questions that come to the top of your head's that you would like me to ask him if given the opportunity ???
doublev2

Re: Rick Derringer

Post by doublev2 »

yeah. try and find out why he was drafted in for Exciter and why they didn't use Vinnie to do the solo?
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yeah, ask him about the studio side of Alive II also...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Exciter news would be awesome. Tell him I freakin' LOVE that solo.

I guess Sweet Pain would be another cool story. He's had a bit of a relationship with Kiss.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:yeah. try and find out why he was drafted in for Exciter and why they didn't use Vinnie to do the solo?
Ask him if he listened to and lifted any of Vinnie's Exciter solo (octave part, etc...).
I'm sure they hung out a lot so let's hear about that.

Edgar Winter band stories would be cool.
I'm sure some Vinnie stories from EWB (as well as theDan Hartman band) got back to Rick...

Thanks Ed !!!!

Rick used to play Youngstown all the time. Neil Geraldo (Pat Benetar) was in his band.
My brother went to see him and Rick would fake handing him(TEASE HIM) those cool BC Rich guitars he played.("You want it ?")
I remember being so freaked out when my brother would come home and tell me these stories...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Just a little recap of last night's show....At 66, Derringer casually dressed strolled onto the stage and plugged into his amp. The announcer proceeded to recite his music resume which included the rock group "KISS" on their Lick It UP album. He proceeded to play a few new songs and then eventually made his way into Free ride, Hang on Sloopy, Frankenstein and closed with Rock & Roll Hoochie Koo ! He had a great backing band and was very talkative with the audience, his voice was a 9 out of 10 and spoke fondly of the State of Ohio & the Legend of Poserboy !!! He played masterfully and was very technical, did his share of power cords, finger tapping and even chicken picking like Vinnie....I didn't get the chance to go back stage and chat, for a small emergency arose during the show and out the door I went...so I'm sorry I couldn't get any of your guy's questions answered. All I can say is he put on a unbelievable show and if you ever get a chance to see him, You better do it !!!
ImageImage
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sounded like a great time. Hope the emergency was minor...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Rick, everything is fine...it's unfortunate I didn't get a chance to meet him and ask him a few important questions but shit happens !!! The venue is great and would be perfect for Vinnie, people came to see Derringer for only 2 reasons...to see him & hear him work his magic on the guitar and to play the songs that made him famous!
Vinnie who's 5 yrs. younger could easily do the same....nobody came to hear his "New" music, they all came to see a legend....Vinnie this could easily be You too !!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes Vinnie, it could be you if you were reasonable about it.

Show the world a proper comeback.
Commander in chief - VVF Army