POLL: should I ?

Non Vinnie discussion

POLL: should I ?

Post by 1031 »

Ok after a seemingly never ending rotation of Bass player / vocalists I am very close to the Fuk it stage.
The grind of cover band playing has pretty much lost its luster. We seem to keep attracting guys who are talented and at first agree to the band formula and set up have no issues with anything then in a few months unveil there grand band vision then toss out the boat anchor till they get there way.

We have a very simple setup, three piece dance / rock songs 70s to now . I can move key or tune in any way to help the vocalist. Set list is very danceable vocalist get veto on anything that will blow his voice out. Me and the drummer can learn about ten new songs a week ship to stern ready to play out. We are super easy to get along with. Book easily and can play a lot of places others cant because of a small foot print.

So should I ?

1. Just go to playing the music I love yet has no real draw power and lucky to gig once every couple months.
2. Draw the shades put on a metal wig and dedicate the rest of my days to learning VV material.
3. Its a faze find another band slot and keep grinding the cover band cash out.
4. At 51 your to dam old, turn on the all Mattlock channel and occasionally open the front door and yell "Get off my lawn" no mater if anyone's there or not.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: POLL: should I ?

Post by Genebaby »

If its becoming a grind I would go for option 1.

I could handle being in a and that played a lot less often than most cover bands want to, but I don't think there are many like that here.

The pain of managing my own bands was also why this time I just joined someone else's, let them organise and handle everything while being a good, reliable band member who isn't a problem.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

5. play bass and sing ;)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

#1 AMENDED _____ PLAY THE MUSIC YOU LOVE AND PEOPLE WILL COME.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS