An offer for Vinnie, and the Fans

Non Vinnie discussion
Raa

An offer for Vinnie, and the Fans

Post by Raa »

Hi Everyone :). Please forgive the longevity of this post, I felt I need to be a little drawn out, and most of detailed so noone gets any wires crossed and start any shit, or rumors. Because I know you will if I dont some of you ;). Been reading and catching up, and wow let me starting by saying. I miss Vinnie's music. So being I own an amp company now, can build just about anything, I had an idea. My thing is this, I'm not coming out here to be negative, but there is a dark cloud around my life span, in me being honest, I may not be on this planet 3 years from now. I love Vinnie very much as a musician, and I know all of you do as well.

Vinnie I don't know if you can see this, or read the board. Not sure how you feel about me. Wondering if I may give you one of my amps? It's a gift, and you can use it for whatever you want. You gave me a chance once V, from my experience with you, people don't always allow you a straight shot at a second chance, they are counting you out before you reach the starting line. so for that I want to do something to return the favor. I'm sick of everything being about money, I could give a rats ass less about money. And I know the fans want music. And we know you have LOTS of music! :) I have no way of contacting Vinnie, or any way of reaching him, so today I putting myself I guess in a line of fire to make this offer. Some of you will say WHY should I give Vinnie anything. Because the man gave me a chance once. That's why, and because honestly I'm not out anything but a little money, but fuck it man. It's only material shit, and I can't take it with me. If something happens to me, one thing I'd like to see before I go is new Vinnie music but only if he wants to do it. I would also like to see his fans happy as well. Do I think this can happen. YES! I do.

Vinnie if it would be ok with you, I'd like to send you a 100w Jose modded Marshall type head, that is very close to the one you used in the 80's. And the deal is you don't have to make music, and if you chose just to keep the amp, your welcome to do so, I even use your fav color for the tolex :D. Should you chose just to keep it, that will be ok with me. I'm sure someone will get pissed at me trying to help. But here is my question for this forum? I know the hearts of those of you I know well, my question is can all be resurrected and turned around, and every thing be fixed in a day. No it can't but I believe some things an be mended over time. So people want to laugh cause I want to help V> go ahead hahahahahahahhahahah! :D But I believe Vinnie would be interested in making music. I don't know that he has any gear to do it with honestly, I don't know what he does or doesn't have. But a new amp would be a good start. I know most of his music is on tapes, and feel for the most part the music maybe would just need a little mixing and mastering. I love the Soto material personally, and would love to see it on cd. I read an article in which V talked about doing an album of Ballads, I'd love to hear it, I think Vinnie's most soulful playing is on Gypsy (soto version).

I'm here on this forum because I'm tired of living with a past with a bad ending. And sometimes just SOMETIMES in life these things can not be repaired but they can be slowely mended. Many people have their own feelings about Vinnie. I think about him all the time, and I'd like to see Vinnie happy, and the fans, everyone deserves to be happy. So if it's cool with you peeps, and vinnie, I will send him a 100 watt head, and I can't do it in a day, but I wanted to run this idea by you. All my cards are on the table. I am not seeking some form of fame, or trying to be cooler than someone else. I care about Vinnie, I care about the fans. And we are at a time when everything has gone silent. Now that there is a silent moment on both sides of the fence. I wanted to make this offer.

But here are my thoughts on V. I do NOT believe his talent has dried out, i do NOT believe he has stopped playing guitar, and if he has there is a good chance he could pick his guitar up and still mop the floor with all our asses lmao. V has more musical talent in one of his toes than most musicians have in their entire body these days. But in making this offer if V is not comfy with me sending him anything, I wouldn't want to disturb him.

So if it's ok with Vinnie, and the fans. I'm game for giving V an amp to record with, or use for whatever he wants. And if someone doesn't want me to help him, whatever. GIving Vinnie an amp is not going to make or break me in ANY way. Shit I've lost more money on website crap to be honest. Money burns. And I'm trying to make a positive movement in the direction of music. Like I say many of you are going to long outlive me, so take to heart, my life I don't have time to think what could I have done, what could have been. I live in the present, not the past, it's been 3 years now.

Sorry this post is long. My point is: I could give a shit less about the past, this is the here and now we are all living in. I do also want to point this out, that I refuse to hold a grudge against anyone. I'm not taking that with me to the other side. I don't hold a grudge on anyone, not Vinnie, not Dino, not anyone, and I'm not going to. Life is short, some people don't like me here, but you know what learn one thing from me, "there is NO gaurantee we get to see tomorrow, live in the present. I have for a while now regardless of what some people may think. Life is about living, and doing, and the spirit in motion. I think he will like the amp if he accepts it. Though some of you many not feel that way. I think people do deserve a second chance. Some of you may have given him a second chance already but I haven't. If Vinnie will accept the amp, lets see what he can do with it. Hopefully not light it on fire lol. And if there is a chance we can get some new music I think it will be worth it. And well.....last I remember me, and V' were on better terms than sooooo many of you. lol jk x) So chances are "he doesn't hate me nearly as much as some of you!" lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im just kidding :D .....sorry sense of humor. Sorry not trying to piss anyone off. Apologies to anyone who doesn't have a sense of humor about V hating some of you more than me ....lol......

For 3 years now, I cut myself off from the music and art biz, whenever I hear the mention of V's name, people all they talk about is how they want music. So for both sides. I'm standing out here today.
"People once believed that when someone dies a Crow carries their Soul to the Land of the Dead. But sometimes something so bad happens a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the Soul can't rest...... then Sometimes........ The Crow......... could bring the Soul BACK to put the wrong things right."
poserboy71

Re: An offer for Vinnie, and the Fans

Post by poserboy71 »

Very nice sentiment Q ,but , a lot of people have offered many things to and for Vinnie in hopes of his return.

Let's just appreciate what we've had and let him enjoy his retirement. He has made his point known many times over.
We have been ignorant to his wishes and have continued to wish in vain.

By the way, Are you still with that super hot chica ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

That was such a sweet message, Raa :)

I believe it would be awesome for you to send Vinnie your gift :) I'm sure if he reads your message, it will bring a smile to his face. Do it!

Do whatever feels right! That's what i go by!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I sent him an email couple years ago full of compliments and appreciation and the only response the guy gave was using my name in quotes like I was lying about who I was and questioning my motives. Oh he definitely reads what we all say here, but ultimately contorts what we say to satisfy his paranoid tendencies. Good luck though...
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:

By the way, Are you still with that super hot chica ?

Only one??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Raa

Post by Raa »

HI everyone :). I promise I'm starting over with everyone. No more defensiveness from me from here on. I think everything is cool now. I never talk about my personal life much, some of the best things in life are the things you keep to yourself. x) I'm getting a house in Vegas, and well if you've ever been there, it's swarming with all sorts of beautiful women. I will blab all day about guitar amp stuff though which I do to Shram often lol jk :twisted: :roll: . lol. But over the last few years, I'll just say I've not been lonely lol x). Life for me has been much, much better :). My last bad health experience really straighten my ass out. It made me start living in the here, and now. Working "around" music is more fun than working directly "in" music. Though Madonna's stage techs may tell you differently. lol jk

With Vinnie in me being honest, I have not had any real contact with him, but he's not been mean to me. Like he was always respectful, and to me he's not a complete monster that people make him out to be. But everyone has their opinions. I know many have tried to help V. But I felt an amp would be a good thank you gift. I never got a chance to do anything nice for him. I'm not sure how it would play out. I don't think Vinnie has a lot of gear anymore. And a kick 100 watt head would be a good start. I'm thinking along the lines of his "Animal, Time of Year tone." I would like to try to send him an amp though, even if don't get a response. But still I wouldn't want to disturb him in his life, and if I felt it would cause any disruption in his life I wouldn't do it.
"People once believed that when someone dies a Crow carries their Soul to the Land of the Dead. But sometimes something so bad happens a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the Soul can't rest...... then Sometimes........ The Crow......... could bring the Soul BACK to put the wrong things right."
Raa

Post by Raa »

Im sorry Vic, didn't mean to post twice.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Hi Raa,

It's Vinnie here. (been lurking here for years now under this login, tricky huh?)
I'd like to take you up on the offer of your 100w amp.
I now live in Australia and have changed my name to Jason.

I'll PM you the details ok?
Thanks in advance
Vinnie
Raa

Post by Raa »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x)

"Ok ........I'll even write "gift" on it when I ship! And every amp includes an after dinner mint! :)

jk lol
birnie

Post by birnie »

Excellent!
I love after dinner mints YUM
:D
Raa

Post by Raa »

"Well Mr V. the mint is laced with Lsd which Dino muled in from Spain. He had to go through a lot to get that here sir." Please don't waiste his efforts x) lol jk

You rock dude! You have a sense of humor. :)
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

This is the only thing Vinnie wants from us.

heavystef

Post by heavystef »

Hi Raa,

I really like your idea. And maybe, Vinnie likes it too. (If I would be Vinnie I WOULD like it!!!).
But maybe, after sending him the amp one week later we will find it on ebay named "Vinnie Vincent's original custom made amp played by him actually for 10 minutes, personally autographed" only 10.000,- Dollars...

But I really wish this will NOT happen! I believe your gift comes from your heart and I hope Vinnie can also see this!

All the best for you!

Stef 8)

P.S. always think positive!
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
Raa

Post by Raa »

Sorry for dropping your name here Dino. Wow thank God some members have a sense of humor.