This one's for BT

Non Vinnie discussion
teej

This one's for BT

Post by teej »

Buy a Batmobile for £100,000

The original Batmobile from the 1960s TV series starring Adam West is still the ultimate screen car for an entire generation of caped crusader fans. Now anybody with a spare $149,999 (£95,000) can buy one.

American company Fiberglass Freaks is producing officially licensed, road-legal 1966 Batmobiles. And yes, the flamethrower works.

Each car takes six months to build and features an array of working gadgets, including a red flashing beacon, a radar screen called 'Detect-a-scope', a retractable, gold-coloured 'Batbeam' and a dashboard DVD player.

The flamethrower in the original Batmobile was the result of the car's turbine engine, but the replica uses a propane tank - mounted in the boot - to create the same effect.

The astonishing car is the brainchild of Fiberglass Freaks founder Mark Racop. He decided he wanted to build a Batmobile at two years old.

"I fell in love the show, fell in love with the action, the color, the music - everything. But the best feature was the Batmobile, speeding out of the Batcave," he said.

The Lincoln Futura on which the Batmobile is based was never actually put into production, but after finding a body shell on eBay in 2004, Racop had the basis of his replica.

The chassis and running gear come from a Lincoln Town Car, onto which a fibreglass body is placed. The licence from D.C. Comics limits the company to making just eight per year, which renders it one of the world's most exclusive production cars.

Racop says that buyers are generally in their forties and fifties and fans of the original show - some drive their cars every day. "Wealth seems to breed that eccentricity. This was their childhood dream car, just as it was for me," he commented.

As you can see .. I'll do anything but study haha
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Holy Shit that is cool.

I'd love one of them. If only Vinnie would release some cool music and then gift me the profits.....ah, to dream....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

The chassis and running gear come from a Lincoln Town Car, onto which a fibreglass body is placed

Yank Tank .. guess it wont do corners .. but still .. Uber cool wheels :D
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, the Town Car is not known for being a corners car, but hey, it's for cruising. It should come with a Batman and Robin costume set! Catwoman too!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Guys, The 1960's Batmobile is my FAVORITE car EVER !!!

I took my kids to meet Adam West two years ago and we had a picture sitting in a replica.

I wish I had the cash to have George Barris make one for me. Hell, I wish I had the money for a replica. :? :( :? :(

I also wish I owned a Mach 5 like Speed Racer.

I have toy replcas of these two cars that reside in my living room.

Respect the Batmobile !!!

Rick -PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

I'll let you park it in front of the duplex I rent out in Arthur Ave in the Bronx. See how long it lasts.
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

Actually you could just park it in front of my house and leave the keys in the mailbox.... :lol: :lol:
Batman

Post by Batman »

Already have one. It's in the bat cave next to my super awesome high tech bat computer. Unfortunately I can not post pictures of it :lol: