do u musicians here ever?

Non Vinnie discussion
PinkWiz

do u musicians here ever?

Post by PinkWiz »

Pour your heart out at a gig for 10 people and ever get a shitty moment of clarity and realize how lucky gene, paul and anyone else thats been in kiss is? It definitely erases any fanboy tendencies u have left when u realize they are no more or no less talented than u but just hit the jackpot at a young age. Sometimes it suxx putting it all into perspective but at least I have my health I guess...
shramiac

Re: do u musicians here ever?

Post by shramiac »

Sort of but I never had any talent. :(

Can drive a forklift like a bitch though! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Well when it comes to the music industry it seems like people are literally 'chosen'....thats why there are so many people with real talent who arent able to get off the ground, yet all these musicians who have 0 talent, like lil wayne for example, manage to get their way to the top. Its really sad. All this has to do with religious reasons...im sure you know where im getting at, you probably have heard of it all before with the Illuminati...but im not gonna get into that since the majority of people think us 'conspiracy theorists' are insane. So ill stop now lol. But i really do wish you the best of luck.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PinkWiz wrote:Pour your heart out at a gig for 10 people and ever get a shitty moment of clarity and realize how lucky gene, paul and anyone else thats been in kiss is? It definitely erases any fanboy tendencies u have left when u realize they are no more or no less talented than u but just hit the jackpot at a young age. Sometimes it suxx putting it all into perspective but at least I have my health I guess...
:wink:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

AnkhWarrior wrote:Well when it comes to the music industry it seems like people are literally 'chosen'....thats why there are so many people with real talent who arent able to get off the ground, yet all these musicians who have 0 talent, like lil wayne for example, manage to get their way to the top. Its really sad. All this has to do with religious reasons...im sure you know where im getting at, you probably have heard of it all before with the Illuminati...but im not gonna get into that since the majority of people think us 'conspiracy theorists' are insane. So ill stop now lol. But i really do wish you the best of luck.
you took the words right outta my mouth... :shock:

anyway, sorry all for the "woe-is-me" post... too much pineapple Burnetts and comin' down off my Tramadol buzz after aforementioned gig... actually the show really wasn't all that bad. :oops:
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

No need to be sorry....all true talent deserves to be recognized :) and i bet
metatron

Post by metatron »

AnkhWarrior wrote:.im sure you know where im getting at, you probably have heard of it all before with the Illuminati...but im not gonna get into that since the majority of people think us 'conspiracy theorists' are insane. So ill stop now lol. But i really do wish you the best of luck.
http://www.ibtimes.com/did-beyonce-flas ... ng-1059356

It's not what you know, it's who you blow.

“Coincidence is merely the puppeteers’ curtain, hiding the hands that pull the world’s strings.”
― Kaleb Nation, Harken
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

President Obama is actually using american sign language for "I love you".

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf ... I+love+you
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Yeah there is a difference between "I love you" in sign language and the rock on/devils horns using the hand...but I've seen him use both, even other politicians. But the whole circle over the eye thing and the pyramid...pure Illuminati. Almost all celebs use it. Jay Z tries to say that the symbol Beyonce is throwing up is a "diamond" -________- B.S! It's a pyramid that so many musicians put over there eyeball. But enough about 'em.

Anyway, this post is about PinkWiz :P So screw the Illuminati and they can KISS my Ankh.
ankh

Post by ankh »

apart form songs and makeup, Kiss had arttitude and willing ness to make it no matter what,plus such a strong and faithful organization of people around them that made it happen.Often even them they neglected that.And if you think about many mistakes they have done,and yet they were afloat, you realize how there was such a team effort form the management and the business side of it tha t you can't comnpare an unknown band with an entrerpise.Read the CK Lendt Book and you'll see what i mean.

The only thing i can add is that you just try your best and be ready because things can happen,but commercial success it is not the measure of anything, dedication to your passion is.Otherwise people like scott henderson and tons of others would be on the top of the charts.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Steve Vai anyone ? Some of these things are pure garbage but...
I'm not sure what to believe ,simply because I do not look as deeply as some of you do. All is cool though and it is very interesting.

[youtube][/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Wow, Steve Vai is a Satanist?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Beyonce is the whore of babylon
Beyonce Satanic Choreography - Put a Ring on it
http://www.whale.to/c/beyonce_satanic.html
http://www.planetxtube.com/index.php?op ... atest-news
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

metatron wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
I'm ashamed to have ever liking some of her songs...but it's obvious the Illuminati exists. If you do the proper research, you'll find the truth.
metatron

Post by metatron »

AnkhWarrior wrote: I'm ashamed to have ever liking some of her songs...but it's obvious the Illuminati exists. If you do the proper research, you'll find the truth.
With you all the way. Bring down those evil Satanic bankers.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

metatron wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote: I'm ashamed to have ever liking some of her songs...but it's obvious the Illuminati exists. If you do the proper research, you'll find the truth.
With you all the way. Bring down those evil Satanic bankers.
If only that were possible :/ they put their symbols in pur gaces in our everyday life ap we pretty much accept them subconsciously...so when they take over we will have already accepted it and not question it...all based on biblical prophecy. Not going to try and shove anything down anyones throat though. They can do research if they wish. Lol totally went off topic.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Same here. I don't like to shove anything down anyone's throat. Believe what you want to believe. And if you are keen, do your own homework & see how far down the rabbits hole all this stuff goes & see where it leads you. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote: I don't like to shove anything down anyone's throat. .

Oh geez! You know who's gonna reply to this comment!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:
metatron wrote: I don't like to shove anything down anyone's throat. .

Oh geez! You know who's gonna reply to this comment!!!!!
Ok, you asked for it shramiac. I DO WANT TO SHOVE 'IT' DOWN SOMEONES's THROAT :!: :!: :!:
metatron

Post by metatron »

Maybe even RAM IT DOWN!
[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I play covers so its not quite the same for me. They are someone else's songs people either like or don't. Of course, if we played them crap that wouldn't help.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

[youtube][/youtube]

Do you like popsicles? I got a whole freezer full of popsicles.
FREE CANDY!

Post by 1031 »

Playing music has always been a crap shoot. Its the only area of study that you are taught to do for the love of music and then the second you get approached for a deal its about money. What you write and how you write is no longer your expression but a product .
The music biz is even a lot different, that in the 70s at least then it was "how do we sell this?" now its a prepackaged contortion of someone.

I guess I get tweeked the most when I see somebody pay $200 for a ticket to a crappy talent less artist that is lip syncing something someone else wrote for them , and the same person would bitch about paying a $5 cover to see any cover band.

A musician is someone who study's like a brain surgeon and gets paid like a dish washer.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Greast post 1031... I agree. The majority will be lead to and pay for what they think they are supposed to listen to... what they're forced fed every minute of the day by the media.

Post by 1031 »

The Illuminati stuff kills me...

Post by 1031 »

Genebaby wrote:I play covers so its not quite the same for me. They are someone else's songs people either like or don't. Of course, if we played them crap that wouldn't help.

Dont cut your self short, I know your set list has to have near the same amount of songs as ours. Tell anybody touring they will have to do 40 songs and watch them shit there pants.

Hey by the way PM me your set list... I will send you our final list.

AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Pfft I dont listen to anything except 80's rock, metal, and some dance/techno! Music these days suck! -_- its a complete embarrassment
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

MatthewF wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Do you like popsicles? I got a whole freezer full of popsicles.
FREE CANDY!
You are the Champion of the VVFF for a few moments !!!!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

^_^
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

I'm with you on this one, PinkWiz. It can be very discouraging when you put hours into rehearsal, recording, editing, mixing, anything that you're really passionate about. Then you play it and only ten people show up, or you post it and only ten people view/listen to it. It's something I'm going through right now. You just have to hold your head high and remember you're CHIP FUCKING ROBERTS AND YOU DON'T TAKE SHIT FROM ANYONE!
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

:)
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

i don't believe that steve vai is a satanist.

although, the story of frank zappa (vai's early boss) might have some interesting background to it; that is if you believe what dave mcgowan says about it. check out the 'center for an informed america' website, and the 'laurel canyon' series of articles... fascinating stuff.

all of that aside, steve vai actually seems like a really, well-grounded human being. he's a great guitar instructor, and he's fun to listen to when talking about things other than guitar. but admittedly, there is at least some weirdness in the music biz (understatement of the year?).

as for the thing of uploading and not being listened to; i've gotten a lot of that. at some point, i just figured it was something that had to be done, no matter who might be listening. when the stats show 20 downloads of this album, or 100 downloads of that song; well it's better than nothing. it still makes me wonder though; how long can a person keep this up; creating for the sake of creating; without any source of real income?

maybe we could use a forum here; not just for our renditions of vinnie riffs, but for sharing our original music as well. that way we could each add 5 or 10 more listeners or somesuch.
ankh

Post by ankh »

compared to the way it was when i was a teeenager, now there's an unlimited source of music, you have the chance to preview a lot of stuff,and also forget about the trends.More so than before, you have the be the one looking for quality stuff,but ,like i've said, there' easier access to the source.Often when i did ordersmusic tha t was a bit out of ordinary, it was a long and slow process, havin to deal with post offices where people can't understand english addresses or pay cd or record almost twice the price since there was no dtributor in my country.yet the moment the music was played,everyhting else faded away.Plus,the italian lp's lacked tons of stuff ,from lyrics to printed inner sleeves........now i can buy the cd directly form the artist,without having to deal with all the middle men inbetween. Plus , i can, in less than 5 minutes, find incredible artists and muscians playng music i could only dream about before.

When i put my videos on youtube, susally there's not a lot of people watching them,and often i notice how lame stuff got thousands and sometimes hundred thousands views,with much less effort on both the music and the images,compared to the hours i spend so much time putting everything together.Yet i do it for the love of music,because music makes me feel good and forget everyday's problems.For some people what i play is not considered music,but it makes me feel good and brings me somehwere else.Hopefully some other people like it,it is part of the game,and feedback-both positive and negative-is important.You puish through no matter what because it is something you are passionate about it.

Thee first time i've played live i was alone,playng both the part of the musician and of the soundman, the speakers were placed wrongly,no soundcheck at all,for an audience who-apart for not knowing my music at all- was there to watch some paintings and listening to "fine" people speakin about art.
I also had to made a speech-completely improvised- about the music and how it was related to the theme of the expo.Yet when i was playng, people become attentive and many afterwards were pleasantly surprised by the music i was playng to the point of sayng "i didn't belive you could play such interesting and fascinating music".
The pleasure of playng,of expressing yourself ,amd the reaction of the crowd it is what often makes us go through many rocky roads,and cope with all the bull***t you have to deal with when you just want to play.Play music it is a blessing and a curse,in a way.And,for each time you say to yourself"no way",there will be always a magic moment that will make it all worthwhile,and make us start all over again,in spite of everything.In a way, it could be called "music of the damned",or "the Sysiphus syndrome":P

Sorry for my rant, i hope it wasn't so boring
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
metatron

Post by metatron »

mrblitz wrote:i don't believe that steve vai is a satanist.

although, the story of frank zappa (vai's early boss) might have some interesting background to it; that is if you believe what dave mcgowan says about it. check out the 'center for an informed america' website, and the 'laurel canyon' series of articles... fascinating stuff.

all of that aside, steve vai actually seems like a really, well-grounded human being. he's a great guitar instructor, and he's fun to listen to when talking about things other than guitar. but admittedly, there is at least some weirdness in the music biz (understatement of the year?).
WoW!, just started reading this ;
'http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr93.html'
OMG! The owls are not what they seem!
[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I never intended to imply that Steve Vai is a Satanist. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I am not sure what to believe so...

Very interesting subject though. :wink:

mrblitz, Great idea on the original music thread.

NEWBEGINNINGS
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

yeah, i was speaking more to the guy who made that video about all of steve's imagery.

it is interesting, but i'm not at all convinced that it is what that guy says it is.

i'm looking forward to listening and contributing on the vvforums music thread.
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

poserboy71 wrote:You are the Champion of the VVFF for a few moments !!!!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
I've finally accomplished my life's goal. I mean my entire life has been building up to this.

I CAN DIE NOW!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Don't die. You have a lot more of these moments ahead of you !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

1031 wrote:
Genebaby wrote:I play covers so its not quite the same for me. They are someone else's songs people either like or don't. Of course, if we played them crap that wouldn't help.

Dont cut your self short, I know your set list has to have near the same amount of songs as ours. Tell anybody touring they will have to do 40 songs and watch them shit there pants.

Hey by the way PM me your set list... I will send you our final list.
Thanks! PM has been sent. :D

40 songs is nothing! It's easy as pie, the time flys by.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

One divine muse of poetry is a greater beauty than all the great whores and jigalos of babylon.
Attachments
Annabel lee.png
Annabel lee.png (71.38 KiB) Viewed 9112 times
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

I'd rather sit down to a good book than listen to Lady Gaga's songs about getting poked or Justin Bieber's one-liners to 14 year old girls. Modern music isn't moving like the classics. I don't mind sounding like an old codger.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

KissMyAss wrote:I'd rather sit down to a good book than listen to Lady Gaga's songs about getting poked or Justin Bieber's one-liners to 14 year old girls. Modern music isn't moving like the classics. I don't mind sounding like an old codger.
Where's a time machine when you need one?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Songs about getting poked? Isn't that what rock n roll is about? Without it Kiss would only have two songs!

Listen to Bad Romance, better than any Kiss song for a long time.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

What ya gotta do to get a response out of lady gaga? Poker face.
shramiac

Re:

Post by shramiac »

AnkhWarrior wrote:What ya gotta do to get a response out of lady gaga? Poker face.

You'll have to at the moment! Her hips are out of action for a while! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Geez I can't believe I just did a "Rick"!!! Yes I know you're proud of me PB!!!!!! :P :P :P
metatron

Re: Re:

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:What ya gotta do to get a response out of lady gaga? Poker face.

You'll have to at the moment! Her hips are out of action for a while! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Geez I can't believe I just did a "Rick"!!! Yes I know you're proud of me PB!!!!!! :P :P :P
:idea: But, But, Butt :? ....If you Pokher Face :| , what would her hips have anything to do with it :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The best benefit of a BJ is her not being able to speak. :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS